Im sure this will get some comments

I was being sarcastic

how would any of us mere mortals know what pays for anything can any of you say in all honesty the have seen a copy of the nhs’s financial records or how much is earned from tobbacco/alcahol/fuel duty nobody can because all money goes into a central pot so nobody can keep track of it :laughing:

Usually based on types of land mines and what to do if you find yourself in a mine field. Spent time in Banja Luka, Pristina and the Falklands that was the first thing the MOD tell you about

1st thing they tell you is remove your berry :laughing:

thats why bomb disposal don’t wear berry’s as they always get blown off :laughing:

north surrey haulage:
so tell me again why do we pay fuel duty?

Well Sean, what I believe is they rob us because they can, like I said, I’d like to see the balance sheet! Oil companies are rich, big time rich, on just 25% of the retail. They have to pay for it, pay all the costs to get it to the pumps, and yet they are rich. The theives that rule us get 75% of the retail, for doing bugger all! and they bleat! Im no genius, but I can count.

Mal.

No one shares my cab, I have just been in the UK for two weeks and they let some git drive it the day before I started back just to test it.
I shared a cab when I worked nights for years and the day driver was a non smoker, he had no idea I smoked untill he saw me having a ■■■ about two years after working with him. If you keep the cab clean and fresh each time you get out no one would know. :slight_smile:

Pat Hasler:
No one shares my cab, I have just been in the UK for two weeks and they let some git drive it the day before I started back just to test it.
I shared a cab when I worked nights for years and the day driver was a non smoker, he had no idea I smoked untill he saw me having a ■■■ about two years after working with him. If you keep the cab clean and fresh each time you get out no one would know. :slight_smile:

agreed pat, i just wish the night trunker would take that attitude,he has a very bad skin complaint and does not clean it.its me who has to do it,i have asked him twice,but he takes no notice.i think next step is our humon resources department.i’v heard of giving a pound of flesh for the company, but i think he’s taking it to far. :wink:

Pat Hasler:

Thats bang on true Pat, the same thing happened to me. The night bloke didnt think I smoked, he was a non smoker, he took a double take one day when I lit up in the yard and him there, because I didnt leave ash all over the gaff. All we need do is look after each other, it all goes better then dont it.

Mal.

When I worked nights one of my mates shared a cab with a pig who never cleaned anything so to teach him a lesson he let the dirt and grime build up for a month then cleaned exactly half of the cab with a distinctive line down the centre … :laughing:

He learned his lesson.

1st thing they tell you is remove your berry

thats why bomb disposal don’t wear berry’s as they always get blown off

roflmao :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Jules

smokers ■■■■…!!! :open_mouth: :laughing:

Ex 60 a day Red Marlboro man :wink:

Yep!..nothing more self righteous than an ex-smoker! :laughing:

Still a 60 a day Red Marlboro’s (100’s) man :wink: …cough! cough! :laughing:

PS. As far as I’m concerned a pint goes hand in hand with an oily rag. So, non smoking pubs/bars get no custom from me! :imp:

I bought 1,000 B & H at heathrow last monday for 50 quid :laughing:

I got the same deal Pat… 50 quid for a 1000, now thats what I call wicked… :wink: :wink:

I smoke, and quite heavy too… but the thought of not being able to smoke for 4.5 hours whilst driving, dont sound like something I would be able to do.

Does the ban include smoking in Irish theme pubs in England? :laughing:

As a non smoker I agree with SOME of the ideas of the ban, but I also agree with the comments being raised here. If your on your own why can’t you smoke, even worse if you are an owner driver and the only person who drives the unit.

If i’m out with a mate who smokes then as long as the window is open while they are smoking then i’m happy.

If people wish to smoke it is their choice and their right and this just seems to be politics gone mad. Again!

Bars should be divided into smoking and non smoking rooms. I know a few that will go out of buisiness should the ban be enforced in the UK.

We used to attend a bar in Granville every Saturday and a road house near Saratoga on Sundays, both were always packed, since the ban here, the granville one has gone bust and the Saratoga one had about 4 customers as opposed to 200 the last Sunday we went there.

Pat Hasler:
I bought 1,000 B & H at heathrow last monday for 50 quid :laughing:

Thats better than I can buy ■■■■ for here, Georgia used to be one of the cheapest states to buy ■■■■, but me and Rikki got 'em cheaper in Kentucky.

A carton of Marlboro (200 ■■■■) here in Georgia cost $25 plus Tax, in Kentucky they were $20 plus Tax. Only a couple of years ago you could buy a carton in Georgia for $14.99.

You get it better than me Cliff, I can’t afford Ny ■■■■ at $48 for 200 marlbro, however the vermont state line is only 8 miles down the road and it’s $34, then again I go through New Hampshire at least once a week where I pay just $27 (no tax).
If you travel along highway 17 west of Binghamton NY at one short stretch of half a mile the road dips down into PA, then back again, some bright spark has set up a truck stop there with half price ■■■■, for some rreason I can never find room to park :laughing:

Bring it in here.Some of our trucks are double shifted so I sometimes have to get in a cab after a smoker has been using it and I can assure you it doesn’t smell NICE

When is all this pathetic do gooding nonsense going to stop.Now,I’m a non-smoker,and always have been,but just because you smoke doesn’t mean that you are going to die from lung cancer.I wish all these do gooders would just shove off and stop bloody whingeing and making everyones life a misery.

Whats wrong with making the saloon bar non smoking and the public bar smoking.If non-smokers don’t like it,they can procede next door.Simple.And to pre-empt you,it there is only one bar,and you don’t like it ,don’t drink there.I wonder if Westminster will curtail the smoking ban.Yeah,pigs might fly. :smiling_imp:
Most of us work bloody hard,and should enjoy the small pleasures in life that they have worked for.Ireland are just trying to show Brussels what great Europeans they are.It will be ANARCHY in the UK if they try to bring it over here.

Another point,especially if you live in a big city is that you are breathing in fumes all the time that are far more obnoxious than tobacco smoke.Sitting in traffic is the same.Yeah,sure you will feel better for not smoking,but since when do the state have the right to tell you what you can and can’t do.We are living under a dictatorship run from from poxy Brussels.They can stick the Euro where the sun don’t shine.Thats my rant over. :imp: