Smokin' trucks in Scotland

March 26th all workplaces are to be no smoking . Your cabs will have to have no smoking signs inside and the outside no smoking signs must have a contact name so that if someone is breaking the law we know who to report it to.
Does this mean that you will have to wait until you are south of the border before you can light up or will the regs still apply?
Just had a thought though does this apply to english trucks if we go north?
Perhaps some of you lads and lasses up ther can check with the tobacco control section.
You think i’m joking eh check out www.clearingtheairscotland.com

still have until 0559 am to smoke though on the 26th

insider.trucknetuk.com/viewtopic.php?t=1774

Denis F:
http://insider.trucknetuk.com/viewtopic.php?t=1774

Is this why the ENGLISH government paid out billions of pounds for a Scottish parliament■■?

So these jumped up little twerps could come out with absolute rubbish declarations like this■■?

Haven’t they anything better to do with the billions they take out of the English pocket?

what the hell is this country coming to.

it makes my blood boil :imp: :imp: :imp:

they want to ban the only pleasure i have at work or when i am socializing.

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

does this JOKE of a law include smoking in the
cab when on breaks and rest :question:
just wondered if they have concidered the fact that
our cabs are our homes through the week and not
just our workplace :exclamation:
:imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

The Bear:
Is this why the ENGLISH government paid out billions of pounds for a Scottish parliament■■?

Nope. It’s why the BRITISH government paid out billions of pounds for a Scottish parliament.

And no, I’m not being “PC”. I’m alerting you all to the appalling fact that England is the only country in the UK which isn’t allowed it’s own parliament. :imp: :imp: :imp:

so no more smoked kippers from arbroath then after march the 26th …
they get smoked in an enclosed enviroment

I did say in the other thread that I would have a good look at the legislation. :blush: :blush: :blush: I suppose I’d better get my arse into gear, and see what it says. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Lucy:
And no, I’m not being “PC”. I’m alerting you all to the appalling fact that England is the only country in the UK which isn’t allowed it’s own parliament. :imp: :imp: :imp:

Ah, what is known as the “West Lothian Question.” England is fast becoming uniquely singular amongst Westernised countries in that it is governed by elected representatives from constituencies located outside of its borders. The current Education Bill, although applying only to England, can be voted upon by M.P.'s from, not only England, but those from Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland. :unamused: Is that what we call democracy? :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

And when the “PM in waiting”, Gordon (I’ve invented Child Tax Credits so I’ll knock out a few more) Brown climbs onto the throne, the situation will be even more ridiculous. An M.P. for a Scottish constituency formulating, and voting on, policies applicable to only England and Wales, and in many cases, only England.

Bring on the revolution bruvvers… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Lucy:
[
I’m alerting you all to the appalling fact that England is the only country in the UK which isn’t allowed it’s own parliament. :imp: :imp: :imp:

And there’s me all these years thinking I was the lone voice moaning in this wilderness :open_mouth:
Yes it is a scandal, especially when GB takes over the reins.

To get back to the smoking ban, I had a look at the wording of the regulations when this came up before, and an even greater scandal is commercial vehicles are specifically mentioned as being within this law, but company cars on company business are specifically excluded. You can tell how many MSPs have official cars but not trucks :smiling_imp:

Salut, David.

Didn’t hear you all complain when you STOLE OUR OIL!!! Newpapers in Scotland have disclosed politicians lied to the public when they said Scotland couldn’t survive independance. The information was disclosed under the freedom of information act. England does not keep Scotland, this old chesnut is a myth.
ROLL ON THE INDEPENDANT REPUBLIC OF SCOTLAND!
HAIL CALEDONIA!
Alex

Didn’t hear you all complain when you STOLE OUR OIL!!! Newpapers in Scotland have disclosed politicians lied to the public when they said Scotland couldn’t survive independance. The information was disclosed under the freedom of information act. England does not keep Scotland, this old chesnut is a myth.
ROLL ON THE INDEPENDANT REPUBLIC OF SCOTLAND!
HAIL CALEDONIA!
Alex

i quite agree old chap, no offence but while we’re at it we should rebuild hadrians wall. from a proud ENGLISHMAN. not british or european, ENGLISH. :wink: :smiley:

alexsaville:
Didn’t hear you all complain when you STOLE OUR OIL!!!

What makes you think it was your oil? It was British oil then, not Scottish. And in any case we would gladly have given you the bloody stuff if you had repaid all the money English tax payers have forked out to keep Scotland afloat. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

Salut, David.

no offence but while we’re at it we should rebuild hadrians wall. from a proud ENGLISHMAN

So as a Proud ENGLISHMAN you would like to restore a peice of Italian civil engineering? :laughing:

Spardo:

alexsaville:

What makes you think it was your oil? It was British oil then, not Scottish. And in any case we would gladly have given you the bloody stuff if you had repaid all the money English tax payers have forked out to keep Scotland afloat. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

Salut, David.

You can hardly complain, you live in France! :laughing:

Spardo:

alexsaville:

Salut, David.

So why ■■■■ off to France when you love England so much :question:

You’s all shout about the immigrant’s not living by your rule’s down in England,well what make’s you think that you can break the rule’s up here and get away with it :question: Do you think we wanted it :question: but it’s coming in wether we want it or no so deal with it and stop crying ffs :unamused:

From all the Scottish ppl we thankyou :laughing: :laughing:

it seems that there is either ignorance or denial within this post people. yes, this law will affect us first but it will be coming south of the border in the not so distant future :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

this law will not be enforced by HSE as they have replied to someone regarding this issue and they stated that they ( HSE) do not recognise the cab as a workplace.

it has been argued that this law will be largely unenforceable which is good news for those of us who do smoke :smiley:

like anything else, you know the law but its up to you what actions you take

I don’t Smoke or go up to Scotland so makes naff all difference to me :laughing: :laughing: …but i do sympathize for those who do…it’s ridiculous.

The Oil and Gas is running out hence the English allowing the Scottish parliament, English M.P,s are not allowed to vote in the Scottish parlaiment, I would presume that IF the English can EVER find an Englishman to run their own country then they will proabably be allowed to have their own English parliament and ban Scots from voting in it:0:).

As for smoking in cabs the sooner its banned all over the U.K. the better, in fact the sooner its made illegal across the entire country the sooner we will become a healthier population.

P.S. If Scotland is that much bother to you ask your forefathers why they invaded it in the first place and if its still a problem rebuild the wall that the Romans built when they trashed your country…

i was recently talking to a relative who drives in thec irish republic and he was telling me that under the irish no-smokig act that smoking was banned in day cabs but not in sleeper units as if it had a bunk it was no longer a place of work but a tempory residence.