Smoking

Heard smoking in cabs will be banned from July. Anyone else heard this?

Yeah, its gonna be banned in most places!!

true blue

But if you do nights out then surely it is your home not your workplace at the end of the day.

well i for one will still be smoking during and after july in my cab and bollox to it.

Fair play to anyone who wants to smoke I say…

Don’t care .

same as. bloomin dictators

The no smokein rule in cabs has been in force in scotland for a year or more now but i have not heard of any procecutions yet :smiley:

smokers die horrible deaths
why would anyone want to smoke
deayh by taxation

Mr. Shep,

Do a search on this subject as it has been (hot) debated before!! :wink:

If I can’t smell the residual smoke in a vehicle that I take over after someone else has used, then fine. If it means that someone who doesn’t smoke has to be subject to the smells that are left behind from someone who does smoke, then it should be banned! :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Passive smoking kills - ask Roy Castle!!!

If that doesn’t pour fuel on the fire . . . . . .

19yrs ago i was one of the lucky ones that managed to break the habit due to poor health.I smoked v/heavy 70+ a day but i would never begrudge anyone who wanted to smoke their right to light up.The only exception i would make would be in restaurants and medical establishments were common sense would tell you not to light up anyway.I personally think this no smoking rule has gone way over the top.

marcustandy:
Passive smoking kills - ask Roy Castle!!!

If that doesn’t pour fuel on the fire . . . . . .

If I could I wouldnt be a driver as I would be filthy rich! LOL

PS Dont smoke and dont care if anyone else does.

Ban it everywhere!!! dont sell them in the shops make it a non smoking country for good.

I wonder if we could do the same with religion, as more people die from that than smoking.

But how would the government make up for the lost revenue?

Smoke 'em if you got 'em. But PLEASE>>> don’t throw the dog ends out the window. Thats just plain rude. :imp:

klunk/■■■■■■■■
The no smokein rule in cabs has been in force in scotland for a year or more now but i have not heard of any procecutions yet :smiley:

rumour has it that the police have better things to do. emphasis on the RUMOUR though. i think someone asked a copper at a services

scanny77:

klunk/■■■■■■■■

rumour has it that the police have better things to do. emphasis on the RUMOUR though. i think someone asked a copper at a services

What no air quality recording device next to the digi-tach :sunglasses: . Suppose plod will have to rely on his own snout when he pulls open the cab door. :laughing:

Longwayround:
What no air quality recording device next to the digi-tach :sunglasses: .

I think smoke would be one of the lesser evils it would detect in most cabs. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Already happened in Scotland and Belgium. Also from the 1st January it is banned in all restaurants and bars.

That snotty cow in lokeren is more interested in sniffing out smoke than taking your money :stuck_out_tongue: