HIAB Training?

Seen that their are a few types of HIAB certificates you can get.
But which is the most widely accepted by the transport industry?

CPCS.

CPCS is more of a construction scheme thing.

ALLMI seems to be very popular.

Hiab instructors hat on time :smiley:
being an ALLMI accredited instructor id say the ALLMI course as more and more companys are using it, especially builders merchants and a lot of the major players in construction are finally accepting it as a stand alone card rather than having to have a cpcs aswell

Try and get trained on both manual and remote control and for the other end the hook is the standard attachment but get it ‘brick grab’ as well if you can and the ‘bucket’ might be helpful down the road too.

The other training courses of helpfulness for work is ADR and Moffett.

Thanks for the Info.
The ALLMI qualification was what i was looking at.

Hi mate best is the cpcs the big companies accepted balfour beaty etc like this better than the allmi one as the cpcs is harder to pass as it’s an nvq I,my going to do this nxt couple of wks

Depends on what sort of work you want and how much cash you can sink into it. CPCS if you can afford it.

cpcs will be accepted everywhere-other tickets may not be…

As earlier post have said a ALLMI which as a operator database which you go onto and are issued through them a certificate and id card.

This counts towards your cpc as well.

op asked for most widely accepted,which is cpcs.

I work for the largest brick and block manufacturer in the uk and we use ALLMI, We also have CPCS cards but they are only a health and safety card for sites nothing to do with hiab…
In the last 6 years never been asked to produce any cards…

We also have CPCS cards but they are only a health and safety card for sites nothing to do with hiab…

Lorry Loader CPCS card

The Lorry Loader category is divided into 3 categories, so ensure you get it right.

A36A Lorry Loader (Hook)

A36B Lorry Loader (Clamshell Bucket)

A36C Lorry Loader (Hydraulic Grab)

Part One

To apply for a test only you must have a current Health & Safety test pass (within the last 2 years) to be able to sit a theory & practical test.

Part Two

A professional discussion on a one to one basis. The CPCS Tester will read out a question and you must answer correctly. The pass mark is approximately 80% and the duration of this test is 1 hour 15 minutes (maximum).

We do have Lorry Loader study notes available on request at £9.99, all the answers to the questions are embedded in the text, they will also give you guidance on good practice that will help with the practical test.

Part Three

A practical test. We will supply the lifts and the test area, which meets the CPCS criteria. You will be given instructions by the CPCS tester and you have 1 hour 45 minutes (maximum) to complete the practical test.

So this is all a load of made up ■■■■■■■■ then is it? That’s the process just to get a red (trained operator) card. To get a blue (competent operator) you have to do an NVQ and a load more stuff.

Calm down dear!!!
I never mentioned any “■■■■■■■■” so I don’t know where you got that from…
As it happens the card I have is a cscs card so it was my mistake for not reading correctly…ok sweety do you feel better now…

Sorry didn’t mean that the way it came across.

CPCS / CSCS
CPC / dCPC

I’m sure there is a ton of others like it. I’m sure it seems easy to understand to the people who make it up, but it does get confusing.

Lol no worries mate it’s me that needs to go “back” to specksavers… :smiley:

Well I was all set to book mine with Tockwith along with my other course but ringing around Haulage companies this morning has put a spanner in the works. They say the RTITB is a waste of money as the construction side don’t recognise it and have told me to do the CPCS one. However speaking to Birkwood and Hewletts they don’t have a machine and you need to train on your bosses. Anyone know a training outfit that has a machine? It is around £400 to do the course but will be £1300 if I have to hire the machine D’oH

Try those same haulage companies that want CPCS cards and ask if they are putting any drivers through it, if so ask if you could do the course at the same time in return for a hour or two hire of the vehicle.

Hi mate. Depends on what you want to do with it in terms of work. Construction for one of the big players the CSCS and the like. For alocal builders merchant RTITB will be fine. This year I think ot was the HSE had a revamp of governing bodies and now only recognise: ITSSAR, RTITB,NPORS,AITT.

I would go RTITB or NPORS aka National Plant.

where are you based

Yeah that’s what I have decided. Going to do the RTITB one with Tockwith. I am in Leeds