HIAB Training?

So if going for HIAB training should i go for an RTITB or ALLMI approved course?
Or does it not matter which course you go for??

skypilot:
So if going for HIAB training should i go for an RTITB or ALLMI approved course?
Or does it not matter which course you go for??

It depends on which type of work your doing ie: builders merchants or building site deliveries etc

Whatever training you get will be crap anyway so I wouldn’t worry to much.

I had in house training that was far better than anything that a trainer centre could provide but I’d probably go for RTITB but that’s only because I’ve heard of that one more on sites.

Probably Builders Merchants?
Did not know if one was favoured over the over?
Would prefer the one that’s mostly widely accepted by industry!

I know for Forklift most companies prefer RTITB qualifications

I’ve got an ALLMI licence, it’s only been refused once and I got the site foreman to call the number on the reverse to confirm it’s equivalent to CSCS as some say they only accept LOLER. They are all equivalent to each other.
A lot of the time the site doesn’t realise what is equivalent to what, quick phone call and your sorted.

Manpower accept both RTITB and ALLMI , one thing to point out though RTITB is only valid for 3 years, ALLMI is valid for 5 years . After all the various building and utility sites i visited last year nobody asked to see my card, they only wanted to see the crane test certificate (both Balfour Beatty and Morgan Sindall) if you do cabin deliveries they also require method statements (provided by the management)

I am working for a utility firm at the moment , my RTITB ticket expires next october, so they are renewing it through the CPCS accreditation with the addition of clamshell grab attachment.

I would recomend CPCS or Allmi, although its hard getting through to some thick site agents/forman that Allmi is just as good, and I am led to believe it will get even harder now CPCS and Allmi are no longer linked.

We delive to a large Waites site in London that has a sign outside saying Hi-ab opperators are required to have CPCS and nothing else will be accepted.

Owen

Thats strange, I recently had a conversation with our transport dept regarding this subject. I initially had a weeks residential course by ALLMI six years ago for a 20 TPM lorry loader certificate. We were retested in house by another company who re-issued me with a 12 TPM LLC. Just found out they are not accredited with the DCPC, and we are booked for a retest with ALLMI…who are! Strange to hear that the CPCS is regarded over ALLMI as I thought they were of the same standard.

Scratches head :question:

I don’t think one is better than the other, its just major constrution companies Waites being one of them, Wilmot Dixon another only acknowledge CPCS

Owen

Hi mate

All the above are good but you also have ITSSAR who are a recognised HSE accredited governing body.

If you want it for a builders merchant I would go ITSSAR as it is probably your cheapest bet.

If you have use of a Hiab tell the training company they can use your lorry and put their own customers on. but only if you train for free. As a HIAB instructor I know that getting a vehicle is like rocking horse ■■■.

I think Cpcs is the one to get, I have heard of people rejecting the others, but never cpcs. If you have any other licences for plant it will just get added to the card.