Hiab training in the north east

Hi does any one no the best place to get get my hiab/lorry loader tickets in Co Durham area have used them before but was a few years ago so have ran out of date

Thanks for any info

Iam not sure if it’s still like this but my Cpcs card is unlimited size crane ,the Allmi ones are only valid for the size of crane you were examined on .also again the cpcs is self validating renewal and touch screen H&S test ,the Allmi i think is a full retest .

Punchy Dan:
Iam not sure if it’s still like this but my Cpcs card is unlimited size crane ,the Allmi ones are only valid for the size of crane you were examined on .also again the cpcs is self validating renewal and touch screen H&S test ,the Allmi i think is a full retest .

I am sure the last card I had was just a in house training one but I don’t no if these are any good now ■■

taz1972:

Punchy Dan:

I am sure the last card I had was just a in house training one but I don’t no if these are any good now ■■

If it was in house training it can only be used for that firm it is non transferable

Lady P:

taz1972:

Punchy Dan:

If it was in house training it can only be used for that firm it is non transferable

So will I need to do a cpcs course ■■

taz1972:

Lady P:

taz1972:

Punchy Dan:

So will I need to do a cpcs course ■■

I would think so

Ok thanks I will start to google for a training centre and I bet it’s not going to be cheap :frowning:

Wuold recommend Tyne & Wear LGV on the Felling bypass. Colin does the HIAB training & he knows his stuff, as you would expect.

Mark500:
Wuold recommend Tyne & Wear LGV on the Felling bypass. Colin does the HIAB training & he knows his stuff, as you would expect.

Yes I no them I passed my hgv 1 test with them 20 years ago I will ring them tomorrow and find out if it’s cpcs

Thanks

Just found the price out of the cpcs/citb it’s £1364 :blush:

citb.co.uk/training-courses/ … ry-loader/

The cpcs like the driver digi card is a money racket are you after a ticket for an epsilon or hmf crane with clamshell bucket … if so will you be on utilities work ! You would be better going to do ROPS its recognized widely in utility and construction and excepted stay away from cpcs citb they are a con mate

chef sauce:
The cpcs like the driver digi card is a money racket are you after a ticket for an epsilon or hmf crane with clamshell bucket … if so will you be on utilities work ! You would be better going to do ROPS its recognized widely in utility and construction and excepted stay away from cpcs citb they are a con mate

Just need a ticket for general work I can use them but will get offered more work with a card ■■

Just looked at this lgvtrainingcourses.co.uk/cou … ted-loader

We do loads of HIAB training, ALLMI licences are the way forward and less than half the price of CPCS. You can use your own truck or ours with remote control and choice of hook, brick clamp or clamshell bucket. We are based in York, get quite a lot of customers from Durham.

Is ALLMI recognized in the construction industry as I’ve only ever heard of the cpcs scheme for plant operators and more recently ROPS

chef sauce:
Is ALLMI recognized in the construction industry as I’ve only ever heard of the cpcs scheme for plant operators and more recently ROPS

It must no be as he hasn’t answered yet ■■?

Tockwith Training:
We do loads of HIAB training, ALLMI licences are the way forward and less than half the price of CPCS. You can use your own truck or ours with remote control and choice of hook, brick clamp or clamshell bucket. We are based in York, get quite a lot of customers from Durham.

What’s your biggest crane ?

taz1972:

chef sauce:

ALLMI is recognised in the construction industry. We use ALLMI, and do a lot of Crossrail work, and it is more than acceptable on a job of this scale. It’s partnered with the HSE too so should be widely recognised.

Provided you do your training with a big enough crane, you gain unlimited size capacity too. I can’t remeber what size is the minimum required to get this though. We use are own vehicles for our training so it covers our whole fleet from 23TM to 65TM.
ALLMI also recognises a remote as an additional category or class as well as attachments like brick grabs or fly jibs.

As said before, it’s much better value than CPCS.

P222:

taz1972:

chef sauce:

ALLMI is recognised in the construction industry. We use ALLMI, and do a lot of Crossrail work, and it is more than acceptable on a job of this scale. It’s partnered with the HSE too so should be widely recognised.

Provided you do your training with a big enough crane, you gain unlimited size capacity too. I can’t remeber what size is the minimum required to get this though. We use are own vehicles for our training so it covers our whole fleet from 23TM to 65TM.
ALLMI also recognises a remote as an additional category or class as well as attachments like brick grabs or fly jibs.

As said before, it’s much better value than CPCS.

That really good info thanks

Thank P222, ALLMI made sure industry recognised their training scheme, it’s crucial to their existence. Our training vehicle is 20tm which is what most customer want for general work with builders merchants and muck away vehicles, remote control is a must, won’t get far without that nowadays.

taz1972:

Mark500:

Yes I no them I passed my hgv 1 test with them 20 years ago I will ring them tomorrow and find out if it’s cpcs

Thanks

I wouldn’t recommend Tyne & Wear LGV for anything tbh

Know Colin he is ok

Have you looked at TTS at Kinston park tynesidetrainingservices.co.uk/