H&r transport facts please

Taffytrucker if your interested or have any questions i can put you intouch with a guy who’s over there with his family at the min he’d give you an honest answer about life over there. thought i’d post a pic of my rig while i was there. :smiley: :smiley: taken in Houston, TX ( i think )

There’s a group on facebook called British Truckers in Canada, a lot of them seem to be on H&R, it might be worth joining it and seeing what they’re all up to so you can get an idea of how it all works :wink:

thanks guys i not seen that page on facebook ill take a look there today :slight_smile:

Just been talking to an H&R driver, he has worked there 19 years &reckoned the knockers of them are a minority. If it helps anyone there you go…

fly sheet:
Just been talking to an H&R driver, he has worked there 19 years &reckoned the knockers of them are a minority. If it helps anyone there you go…

Thats great fly sheet. I’m heading out there in October to start

taffytrucker:

fly sheet:

Good luck mate. My only advice would be to get your PNP/PR application banged in the very minute you are eligable (6 months in NB, not sure about AB). Bad reputations travel fast in Canadian trucking and it has to be said that H&R have probably the very worst of any large company. Thats why its important to keep your head down, dont over extend yourself with financial commitments with regard a mortgage/rent and new cars etc, make sure you’ve got the required money to get your application off. A lot of guys come out here for the crap companies, dont earn what they were promised and then can’t afford to appy for residence when the time comes. I’ve been in Canada over three years now and theres still drivers from the UK and Ireland who I came across with, or they came even earlier and they havent even applied yet because they havent got two pennies to rub together.

Again, the most important thing is getting your PR, once you have that you have total freedom to work where ever you want. Thats the key.

robinhood_1984:

taffytrucker:

fly sheet:

Good luck mate. My only advice would be to get your PNP/PR application banged in the very minute you are eligable (6 months in NB, not sure about AB). Bad reputations travel fast in Canadian trucking and it has to be said that H&R have probably the very worst of any large company. Thats why its important to keep your head down, dont over extend yourself with financial commitments with regard a mortgage/rent and new cars etc, make sure you’ve got the required money to get your application off. A lot of guys come out here for the crap companies, dont earn what they were promised and then can’t afford to appy for residence when the time comes. I’ve been in Canada over three years now and theres still drivers from the UK and Ireland who I came across with, or they came even earlier and they havent even applied yet because they havent got two pennies to rub together.

Again, the most important thing is getting your PR, once you have that you have total freedom to work where ever you want. Thats the key.

Thanks for the adivse Robin I plan on taking them as any large company just keep my head down and get the work done and say sod all to anyone lol

robinhood_1984:

taffytrucker:

fly sheet:

Very sound advice for everyone who’s looking to come here.

fly sheet:

Really?

I have met up with quite a few H&R, and ex H&R drivers since I’ve been back over in Canada… the general concensus I have found is that they are still crap!

That is to say, that 100% of the drivers I have met in the last 6 months has complained about them… and quite a few have happily moved companies.

mickfly:

fly sheet:

Really?

I have met up with quite a few H&R, and ex H&R drivers since I’ve been back over in Canada… the general concensus I have found is that they are still crap!

That is to say, that 100% of the drivers I have met in the last 6 months has complained about them… and quite a few have happily moved companies.

Only spoke to one driver Chap as I was fuelling up in the next lane & I’m just repeating what He said, You will know more as it sounds like you have talked to more of them than I have, I tend not to talk to many other drivers if possible…

I try to avoid contact with truckers too can’t be putting up with all the crap they talk.

what makes you laugh is when you talk to some of there drivers who say it’s crap and the worst company in canada, i always ask why the **ck are you still working there then!

After being back in the uk for a year and a bit i’m heading back out and re-joining H&R after talking to lyndon the other day. I’ve come to realise i made a mistake returning to the uk i should have just popped back for a visit, never met one person struggling to get miles, a day off maybe and generally quite happy drivers tbh but looking forward to going back to quieter roads and truly stunning scenery and decent pay compared to the meagre pay over here. Ison

Ison:
After being back in the uk for a year and a bit i’m heading back out and re-joining H&R after talking to lyndon the other day. I’ve come to realise i made a mistake returning to the uk i should have just popped back for a visit, never met one person struggling to get miles, a day off maybe and generally quite happy drivers tbh but looking forward to going back to quieter roads and truly stunning scenery and decent pay compared to the meagre pay over here. Ison

I have been chattin gto Eugiene who I must say has been a great help and my date been bought forward to end of July now so hope to catch up with a few of you guys

Ison:
Taffytrucker if your interested or have any questions i can put you intouch with a guy who’s over there with his family at the min he’d give you an honest answer about life over there. thought i’d post a pic of my rig while i was there. :smiley: :smiley: taken in Houston, TX ( i think )

hi just wanted to no the truth about hr transport and house prices ect and quality of life

hey Martin, from what I have seen on here take it as any other large comapny some hate it some love it lol Not bad kit all fairly new.
You need to fill out this form facebook.com/hrbulletin

Alright Martin there not too bad i never had any issues, a lot depends on how well you get on with your dispatcher tbh a lot of people didn’t like the guy i had but i found him to be fair, the company looked after me a couple of times cutting my run short and taking me to a&e on one occcasion, house prices 250 k seems to get a quality house i checked a rough mortgage calculator and on my 2009 wage i could go up to 280k, tax man gives u a wedge back every year which is rather nice i got 8 k i think, quality of life seems higher from what i saw most people seem to have more toys than we do but they do work for it and the kids aren’t like the little cherubs we have over here. Ison

I worked for h&r for 3 years they are not the best they want you away all the time they short payed me many times $1400 one year which I never got back breakdowns are a nightmare many time I was off the road for 2 weeks just for a service they offer you another truck but trust me their trucks are disgusting inside never cleaned smell of cigs and a lot of drivers carry pets so you can guess the state they are in but like I say go try it and make up your own mind and enjoy

only got 3 words to say about h&r…crap crap crap

make sure you get a Manitoba contract not a alberta one! as in MB after 6months working YOU apply for nomination not the company as in AB.
make sure you change your AB class1 to a MB one using the wpeg yards address, MTS phone,health card .
this information is true as a good friend has just (last week) received their nomination from mb.
this was done via express entry and now lets my bud have an open work permit for any haulage company (don’t need a LMIA),in MB.