H&r transport facts please

I’m like the HATO version of a moderator anyway, I have the uniform and flashing lights…but no power :laughing: :laughing:

Ha ha Newmercman the plastic policeman of trucknet.

taffytrucker:
Had my interview with H&R yesterday daown in Reaing and to be honest they didnt come across to bad. Sure I know they feed you all the BS I know that but at least if you wanna get home after 2 weeks away then they do the best. Seems they do a lot going down to Texas and same for cali. Find out mid April if good to go or not

How did you get in touch with them?

newmercman:
I’m like the HATO version of a moderator anyway, I have the uniform and flashing lights…but no power :laughing: :laughing:

you have to be “Site Admin” to have real power ( although we still have to do what the lawyers say ) :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

MikeCunn:

taffytrucker:
Had my interview with H&R yesterday daown in Reaing and to be honest they didnt come across to bad. Sure I know they feed you all the BS I know that but at least if you wanna get home after 2 weeks away then they do the best. Seems they do a lot going down to Texas and same for cali. Find out mid April if good to go or not

How did you get in touch with them?

They were advertising in truckstop paper but they are over in ireland this week

taffytrucker:

Balls! Looks like I’m too late. Thanks anyway.
Are you thinking of going for it?

yea bit late there lol yea if offered a job ill probs take it not much in this country anymore

Yep, you should give it go taffy and even if the big red team isn’t the place for you it’s far easier to find something else when you’re already over here and changing jobs isn’t that difficult or taking a long time anymore.

If you want to be home then make sure that you request your days off, all of them, well in advance and to get them authorised, that way you’ll be able to avoid the famous resets just a few hours away from home.

just keep your head down and stay legal, as the points will be on your license and you will be paying the fines not them, and you should be ok and when running stateside it is a good life.

have fun

MikeCunn:

taffytrucker:

Balls! Looks like I’m too late. Thanks anyway.
Are you thinking of going for it?

:open_mouth: Lucky escape I would say :laughing: :laughing:

crunchygear:
Yep, you should give it go taffy and even if the big red team isn’t the place for you it’s far easier to find something else when you’re already over here and changing jobs isn’t that difficult or taking a long time anymore.

If you want to be home then make sure that you request your days off, all of them, well in advance and to get them authorised, that way you’ll be able to avoid the famous resets just a few hours away from home.

just keep your head down and stay legal, as the points will be on your license and you will be paying the fines not them, and you should be ok and when running stateside it is a good life.

have fun

nice to see something positive posted as you see so much negitve stuff posted about making the jump over the pond. They got a meeting on 2 april to decide who they gonna offer a job to so should find out a couple days after that then its a case of saving the cash and getting on the plane

taffytrucker:

crunchygear:

have fun

nice to see something positive posted as you see so much negitve stuff posted about making the jump over the pond. They got a meeting on 2 april to decide who they gonna offer a job to so should find out a couple days after that then its a case of saving the cash and getting on the plane

My guess would be…anyone with a pulse :laughing:

In all seriousness, you guys should really do a research trip and speak to lots and lots and lots, did I say lots? of drivers who have worked there, they don’t have to go halfway around the world to find drivers for nothing :open_mouth: You could end up neck deep in ■■■ if you make the wrong decision, if you realise you’ve made a mistake when you’re already over here then it’s a thousand times worse than making a bad decision at home, you have no family/friends etc to help you out and no official back up either.

Canada can offer you a dream life…but it can also turn out to be the worst nightmare you ever had, and the line between the two is so thin that it’s very hard to spot :wink:

And I thought they were keen due to my charm goals good looks lol.

newmercman:

taffytrucker:

crunchygear:

have fun

In all seriousness, you guys should really do a research trip and speak to lots and lots and lots, did I say lots? of drivers who have worked there, they don’t have to go halfway around the world to find drivers for nothing :open_mouth: You could end up neck deep in ■■■ if you make the wrong decision, if you realise you’ve made a mistake when you’re already over here then it’s a thousand times worse than making a bad decision at home, you have no family/friends etc to help you out and no official back up either.

Canada can offer you a dream life…but it can also turn out to be the worst nightmare you ever had, and the line between the two is so thin that it’s very hard to spot :wink:

To be honest if could afford a recce trip I would but where only on agency work atm thats not poss. If invited out then be able to get the cash up in lil bit o time then live in the truck for a bit while making my mind up if for me or not. They did say they would pay for the flight out and a ticket back so thats not to bad if it turns bad i suppose lmaoooo. gotta laugh

They recon on needing around 5k Canadian to get you through training.

yea thats what they told me. Saw exchange rates down Swansea the other day and over $500 they will give you $1.80 - £1 so thats about £2.8k not expect to hear back from the for about 3 weeks no so bit of time to find something full time and figure out stuff i can get rid of that i dont need

I came over last year with $4000 and that paid for the training, hotel, food and some basics for the truck.
As long as you don’t get ■■■■■■ every night in the sandman bar, which is expensive, and focus on getting the training done asap you can have your training done in about two weeks and be on the road for your mentor trip on the third week so you are making money by then.

If you are coming over without family at first and don’t have to send money back to the uk then you’ll be ok. There were people there that F’ed off within a few weeks and there are people still happy there.
The work they have is ok and on average you’ll be doing ok. the one thing you have to be able to deal with is the complete lack of planning, dispatch and people skills in the company, so the sooner you find how to “play” them the better you will be doing. the same goes for planning you days off. the best runs go out on friday and the weekend, so try to take wednesday and thursdays off instead of weekends.

If you are running stateside it’s actually good but in canada most runs seem to have to be done at night which is something you can live with or not its that simple.

newmercman:

This is hit & run we are talking about so even that is not mandatory :wink:

Had my interview, wait and see

As far as i’m aware they are a flat 40 c a mile, the rate just changed before i went in 2010 had about 10 1/2 mths driving pay $60 k lived in the truck first time i’ve ever stayed in one more than a night and loved it, gutted when i crashed it just before i came home though.
As for loads of disgruntled drivers most of H&R seems to be british drivers and plenty have been there a couple of years but as the saying goes bad news travels faster than good, a lot of people think they are on holiday they do have some different ways of doing things but go with the flow stay as long as you can i nearly left after three months then it all just dropped into place and i started to enjoy it, if u go run out of calgary yard better facilities and way more loads/variety. (pS don’t go mad with the truck kit, cb, microwave, kettle ( for when u cant find a timmy’s), rice cooker was a good investment would recommend one of them.)

Ison

Ison:
As far as i’m aware they are a flat 40 c a mile, the rate just changed before i went in 2010 had about 10 1/2 mths driving pay $60 k lived in the truck first time i’ve ever stayed in one more than a night and loved it, gutted when i crashed it just before i came home though.
As for loads of disgruntled drivers most of H&R seems to be british drivers and plenty have been there a couple of years but as the saying goes bad news travels faster than good, a lot of people think they are on holiday they do have some different ways of doing things but go with the flow stay as long as you can i nearly left after three months then it all just dropped into place and i started to enjoy it, if u go run out of calgary yard better facilities and way more loads/variety. (pS don’t go mad with the truck kit, cb, microwave, kettle ( for when u cant find a timmy’s), rice cooker was a good investment would recommend one of them.)

Ison

I’m heading out in Octcober just before the snow :slight_smile: I’m not expecting a pushover and sit with feet up all the time and most def not a holiday. No probs with putting the miles in after all we all there for the money