New job maybe?.

Ok folks i would really like some constructive comments here please.

Most of you know i work for DHL on the B&Q contract until recently i was at Grantham depot but in January moved up to Worksop, Its a great job doing roughly 8-12 hours in a shift ive done 2 1/2 hours before and ive done 14 but 8-12 seems the normal average.

The job pays well £25K + £3k for night money so £28k in total for roughly 45 hours average according to WTD, the trucks are Volvo FH12 with I-shift ( BLISS!!!)

I travel 26 miles every night to and from work and i think my fuel bill is more than my truck sometimes, my annual mileage is roughly 12000 +/-

BUT.

An old employer has been in touch recently and wants me to go back and work for him the money is £23.5K P.A. plus nights out @ £20 only 2 nights a out a week VERY VERY occasionally 3 ( so not tramping ) £10 meal allowance (yeh tight i know) but its tax free, ALL parking paid for and no questions asked.

The job is 15 miles from my place so my weekly mileage would be 90 instead of 260.

The truck is a Scarnia P cab wagon and drag to be replaced next year but with what is unknown yet?.

One of the good things about the old job is they run their own product so NO return loads go out loaded with 5/15 drops get them off and get back next day or the 3rd if need be, no matter what time you return you NEVER go back out until the next day.

So what do you think “should i stay or should i go now?”.

The reason i left before was i had to run in on a Saturday the one and only time i had to and he only wanted to pay me the night out no extras at all i was 4 hours on the Saturday from leaving where i was parked to gewtting to the yard dieselling up etc so i wanted something for it.

HELP please im in a dilemna here guys.

Jammymutt ,do you wish to go back to your old employer,
have you worked out your fuelcosts and also the extras
that you get,does it make sense to return can you live
with the wages dropping ,did you enjoy the job
before you left, the difference in the wages does not
seem to be that bad so if YOU belive its right for you
then yes take the offer,you can all ways leave again
if you so wish.

I’d stay with the bigger company, more money, more job stability. He’s messed you about once before who’s to say he won’t do it again? B&Q ain’t gonna go bankrupt either, same be said for your previous?

Go for the money Jam think of number one, how do you know he wont replace the Scarrrrrnia with another tatty machine

did you enjoy it jammy?
do you enjoy this job more?
can you live with the drop in pay?
i know which i would do but im not you ,only you know which was your favourite of the 2

Maybe the reason he has called you is because he has messed some-one else about & he`s jacked in too…? ( For my money, stick with the devil you know )

The replacemtn will be brand spanking hes not allowed to get an older one, he hauls for another company who make their own stuff.

I did like the job i only left because i spat my dummy about running in on a Saturday, it was a good job apart from that.

The old job is actually more money as my expeneses will be less in fuel and running costs for the car.

I have the chance to make my demands before i go to see him next week, he obviously must think something of me to come looking for me again so i have something i can use to get a bit better conditions off him.

Oh i didnt mention ALL bank holidays off and 2 weeks shut down at Christmas, its only 20 days a year hols and the stats dont come out of the 20.

Sounds like im trying to convince myself here eh?.

Haggle it up & take the job. A change is as good as a rest ;You`ve talked me into it…:smiley:

Jammy, go where you feel safest, job wise. I’ll say no more

take the job if for nothing else,you leave worksop and thats got to be worth a small fortune.

Women, jobs, whatever.

Never, Never Ever, go back

i would go back jammy,on the understanding saturdays are paid for,either hourly rate or abit of cash in the donny,if he wants you back then he will bend to that surely

It’s not just the cost of the commute,it’s also the time it takes.Nothing worse than getting stuck in traffic for an hour after work :smiling_imp: I’d love to find a job closer to home.

GO. You know you want to.

B&Q or Dixons/Currys Newark will still be there if it doesn’t work out.

id normally say go and do what you really want to do, but the way that jobless total keeps going up i think theres troubled times ahead, so id stay in the secure well paid job your in

Warrior:
take the job if for nothing else,you leave worksop

So, is that good for Worksop . . . or for Jammy■■? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

if you haggle and get what you want in your old job will it be in writing or verbal just in case he then changes his mind

take the new job jammy.

we might get chance for a nite on ta pess then :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

You are the only one who can decide.

Someone said that there is “trouble ahead,” & they’re right. B&Q ARE going to be making “changes” in the near future.

They are going to have to cut their costs dramatically. And the only place these savings are going to come from is their suppliers.

So, I suppose it depends whether you think/feel that you maybe one of those costs.

Tagoat:
…Someone said that there is “trouble ahead,” & they’re right. B&Q ARE going to be making “changes” in the near future…whether you think/feel that you maybe one of those costs.

They charge for Poly bags in their Stores FFS !!