RH Freight

Been talking to a couple of RH Freight boys today. I find this extremely hard to believe; apparently they’re on £36k/year, £30 night out money and they’re screaming out for drivers (Nottingham) to do UK tramping and Euro work. Guaranteed £100 take home per day.

Now afaik, RH Group is a huge company and big companies aren’t known for paying big company - they’re known for paying as little as they can get away with in my experience. Also the bits ‘36k/year’ and ‘we are screaming out for drivers’ just don’t go together.

I phoned the TM up at Notts to ask but they wouldn’t discuss it over the phone.

Anyone know what the spin is there? :confused: :open_mouth:

As for the euro work, i met an Englishman from RH, in Ancona(Italy) waiting for the boat for Greece, that was around a year and a half ago, he was the last English RH driver ive seen on the continent. They are all Estonians doing the Euro work from what ive seen. I personally wouldnt beleive the story mate, nor the money side of it either. Why would they oust all the English drivers on Euro work, and get the Eastern block in, and then pay English drivers that wage, the money they would be saving by using Estonians etc, would be getting pumped back into the GB drivers, so they (RH)wouldnt be any better off . Thats my take on the matter anyway, i maybe wrong, i normally am :laughing:

On a different note,RH are also the Nottinghamshire agent for Renault trucks,and if I remember correctly,their on Lenton Lane in Nottingham.Hence the reason you see all their trucks are Renaults.

Ken.

laybybobb:
Also the bits ‘36k/year’ and ‘we are screaming out for drivers’ just don’t go together.
:

Its tilts and its tramping and its hard work. You earn your money.

Anyone know what the spin is there?

i’m sure when jonboy ex rh return’s he will help you out. :wink:

kitkat:

He’s in Jamaica Aint he ■■?

Spending all them savings from his RH Days :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I think if the Money had been that Good jonboy would have still been there :wink: :wink: :wink:

Davey Driver:

kitkat:

Spending all them savings from his RH Days :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I think if the Money had been that Good jonboy would have still been there :wink: :wink: :wink:

LaybyBob,
Spoke to jon at the weekend asking for the lowdown on something, guess he will be back on here tomorrow or Saturday, unless he’s gone to Jamaica on hols and not said.

We talked about RH recently, they run a lot of tilts to places like Hull, Felix,etc but you can find yourself messed about a bit Jon said, a lot of return journeys by minibus and the like. Speak to him to get the gen on RH.

My missus once went to Kingston.

Jamaica?

No.She went of her own accord… :laughing:

I’ll get me coat.

Ken.

RH paying £36000 pa!!! have not stopped laughing since I read this…

As a former employee of RH I wouldnt go back to them if they were the last firm on earth. Bet the driver was called rob, if so he lives in dream land. :unamused:

If ya fancy sittin around felixstowe waitin for a minibus or stripping out tilts, then it may be for you.

Think i’ll stick to the reefers from north notts wuth the church on the side!!!

Martin

hello flyer what are they like the ones with the church on the side they have a place in hunslet not far from me in leeds.

Davey Driver:

kitkat:

jamaica? i wish!
rh are currently paying £6.50 for 48hrs and time and a bit(cant remember exact figures) after 9.6 hrs. the night out is 20 on uk and 25 eu… but that bits irrelevant now. :imp:
36k was perhaps possible in the “good old days” before they sold us all down the river when we were out for 3 or 4 weeks at a time. DONT expect any european work other than calais changeovers at transmarck
i actually enjoyed my time there but it is hard work… there all sattelite tracked so no slacking or home on “dodgys” :open_mouth:
i dont remember you martin? when were you there? i was with them from early 99 to 2004
theres lots more i could say about rh but better to let sleeping dogs lie i think :wink:
p.s… my mate mustapha reads these forums… and he still works there… ask him any questions :laughing:

highbridge flyer:
As a former employee of RH I wouldnt go back to them if they were the last firm on earth. Bet the driver was called rob, if so he lives in dream land. :unamused:

If ya fancy sittin around felixstowe waitin for a minibus or stripping out tilts, then it may be for you.

Think i’ll stick to the reefers from north notts wuth the church on the side!!!

Martin

rob who?
rob bradley ex rh now works for dave hogg doing “proper” european work.

kindle530:
As for the euro work, i met an Englishman from RH, in Ancona(Italy) waiting for the boat for Greece, that was around a year and a half ago, he was the last English RH driver ive seen on the continent. They are all Estonians doing the Euro work from what ive seen. I personally wouldnt beleive the story mate, nor the money side of it either. Why would they oust all the English drivers on Euro work, and get the Eastern block in, and then pay English drivers that wage, the money they would be saving by using Estonians etc, would be getting pumped back into the GB drivers, so they (RH)wouldnt be any better off . Thats my take on the matter anyway, i maybe wrong, i normally am :laughing:

your spot on…

Cheers JB, im right on somethimg :smiley:

Mini bus :question: I met about a dozen of them one monday morning, about a year ago in janes at blyth, when i worked for FM, 1 of them wanted to know what our lot were like to work for, I digress, they were all going to immingham to start. Now way this up, 12 blokes and all their gear, 3 renault hatch backs, nottingham to immingham :open_mouth: and i thought our lot took the [zb]… I think that 36k would not go with a crew that treat you like that.

eddie snax:
Mini bus :question: I met about a dozen of them one monday morning, about a year ago in janes at blyth, when i worked for FM, 1 of them wanted to know what our lot were like to work for, I digress, they were all going to immingham to start. Now way this up, 12 blokes and all their gear, 3 renault hatch backs, nottingham to immingham :open_mouth: and i thought our lot took the [zb]… I think that 36k would not go with a crew that treat you like that.

can some one enlighten me… are the drivers from nottingham and leave the wagons …units and trailers at immingham :question: :question: i know they do the unaccompanied frieght but they leave the units at the docks as well… why :question: :question:

they have around 6 or 7 drivers based in immingham but the rest are in notts. they leave the units there(and also in felixstowe,harwich,hull, and thurrock) because its cheaper to run a car back with 3 or 4 drivers in than pulling the units back solo.

Thanks for all your replies chaps :smiley:

JB:
they have around 6 or 7 drivers based in immingham but the rest are in notts. they leave the units there(and also in felixstowe,harwich,hull, and thurrock) because its cheaper to run a car back with 3 or 4 drivers in than pulling the units back solo.

ha ha ha id have thought that rh with their experiance would have a better solution than that its a wonder they have drivers no offence to anyone working there but i wouldn be waiting for minibus with all my gear. :exclamation: