H & R Transport

Just wondering if anyone had their job offers through yet form the latest round of interviews

Yes I’ve been offerd a job

congrats :slight_smile: same here so just gotta save up the cash now to get out there. I know there was 1 or 2 more on here who was going for interviews as well

Well done.I can’t take I just don’t have that sort of cash available just now. So hopefully another time

How much are they looking for you to pay and i take it is for training and licences and when are you start dates

the costs are for hotel and re take of driving test etc before they let you on the road. They recomend you take $5k over with you to see you through till first pay cheque in the bank. I told them give me 3 or 4 months to get the money up and i’ll be over. They pay for your flight though

taffytrucker:
the costs are for hotel and re take of driving test etc before they let you on the road. They recomend you take $5k over with you to see you through till first pay cheque in the bank. I told them give me 3 or 4 months to get the money up and i’ll be over. They pay for your flight though

They have to pay for the flight by law and on canadianaffair.com you can see that those flights aren’t that expensive.
The driving test with everything included (medical,etc) is about $1600 if you have a UK license, if you have a N.I. license it will be about $250 more and take longer because you have to re take your car test also.
The hotel will cost you $390 a week and there is a dennys restaurant in the hotel. Next to the hotel is a decent pizza place and across the street is KFC and burgerking and loads of other places a short walk away. From across the Sandman hotel on mayor magrath bus nr 23 takes you down to the southside shopping centre where all the big stores(walmart,sears,canadian tire, ect) are and bus 24 will get you back to the hotel.
from the 7eleven next to the hotel or from walmart you can get international calling cards so you can phone home for just a few cents a minute.
The funniest thing will be meeting david foder as he is a mix of an completly over the top management guru and one of those hysteric american tv preachers.

Some like it here, some don’t and some just use it till they get PR. just give it a go and make up your own mind about it.

crunchygear:

taffytrucker:

They have to pay for the flight by law and on canadianaffair.com you can see that those flights aren’t that expensive.
The driving test with everything included (medical,etc) is about $1600 if you have a UK license, if you have a N.I. license it will be about $250 more and take longer because you have to re take your car test also.
The hotel will cost you $390 a week and there is a dennys restaurant in the hotel. Next to the hotel is a decent pizza place and across the street is KFC and burgerking and loads of other places a short walk away. From across the Sandman hotel on mayor magrath bus nr 23 takes you down to the southside shopping centre where all the big stores(walmart,sears,canadian tire, ect) are and bus 24 will get you back to the hotel.
from the 7eleven next to the hotel or from walmart you can get international calling cards so you can phone home for just a few cents a minute.
The funniest thing will be meeting david foder as he is a mix of an completly over the top management guru and one of those hysteric american tv preachers.

Some like it here, some don’t and some just use it till they get PR. just give it a go and make up your own mind about it.

Thanks for the info crunchie. I looked the other day at tickets and this time of the year its about £500 flying from Gatwick getting into Calgary about lunchtime. I intend to go over with my eyes wide open and take everything as it comes

I was with them during 2010 wish i’d stayed tbh, lots of hours and miles but fun chasing the cash though. i took 3 k and still had some to spare even after buying drinks in lethbridge lodge for a couple of weeks :smiley: