Funding for training....is any out there

Just wondering if anyone knows if there is any help available to help fund HGV training?

I have been out of work for over 10 years due to caring for my wife, I am now at a stage where returning to work is a very realistic prospect and I enjoy driving and it also seems an area with plenty of job vacancies, including for newly qualified driver’s.
But funding the training is proving very difficult and I do not have £1500+ spare…I have been in touch with several companies and it seems that financial help is available but to qualify you need to be in employment of at least 16hrs, and my part time job is less than half those hours, to do any more just messes up our benefits…so am caught between a rock and a hard place!
Would be especially keen to hear of any companies that would fund training in the south west or just any advice in general really.

thanks…

Have you tried your jobcentreplus :question:

Scania are doing a winter deal at the moment …£999 5 days 1-1

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

We offer interest free credit, with no credit checks. £200 to secure your course, a further £200 2 weeks before start of training and then 10 payments of £100 on completion of course.

Accommodation is NOT included with this offer so allow a further £120 for this.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

ROG:
Have you tried your jobcentreplus :question:

Thanks ROG, I spoke with them today and they were not very helpful…

pbc453:
Scania are doing a winter deal at the moment …£999 5 days 1-1

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Thank’s bud but don’t have a grand to spare, dispite many people thinking those on benefits are minted it couldn’t be further from the truth…though certainly will bare it in mind if I can raise the funds…

Peter Smythe:
We offer interest free credit, with no credit checks. £200 to secure your course, a further £200 2 weeks before start of training and then 10 payments of £100 on completion of course.

Cheers Pete this sounds like a promising offer, I will have to check you out on the web to get more ideas of where you are located etc…thanks.

We’re located at NG17 3FW in the East Midlands. We have folks travel to us from literally all over the UK and invariably are very happy that they did.

As the forum sponsor and frequent contributor, we simply cant afford to get it wrong. We would be slaughtered all over the web. So you can be sure of quality in all we do.

We have folks travel to us from literally all over the UK and invariably are very happy that they did.

Couldn’t agree more on that point! :smiley:

Thought of trying van work?

Peter Smythe:

is this an all year round offer. Might look into this 2019. Stay in Scotland.

There’s no plan to stop the offer at the moment.

Peter Smythe:
We’re located at NG17 3FW in the East Midlands. We have folks travel to us from literally all over the UK and invariably are very happy that they did.

As the forum sponsor and frequent contributor, we simply cant afford to get it wrong. We would be slaughtered all over the web. So you can be sure of quality in all we do.

Thakks Pete, have looked at your web page and looks fab. Will be in touch in the new year without doubt.