Scotland - Help with funding for LGV C+E Training

Hi, Just wondering if any one out there has any idea if there is any funding out there to further a driving career.

I am currently employed and have about three years driving experience driving a refuse vehicle LGV C but would like to move up to a LGV C+E, however due to low wages and high living costs being able to fund the cost would be extremly hard. If I was unemployed I would probably get help. Is it not about time that there was a serious look taken at how to advance those who want to move up, which in turn would allow others to come in at the bottom. I am sure goverments need to step in and allow future drivers to get student loans.

Any words of advice.

From what I gather, there was meant to be some kind of funding for new HGV drivers, but that was scrapped.

Perhaps ask the company you already work for if they can fund your class 1 training? I know a couple of people, who’s employers have paid for their driver training.

Endgame:
From what I gather, there was meant to be some kind of funding for new HGV drivers, but that was scrapped.

Perhaps ask the company you already work for if they can fund your class 1 training? I know a couple of people, who’s employers have paid for their driver training.

That would be good, unfortunately they only put people through tests for the vehicles that they have, max is Cat C. That is how I got mine.

I live in Scotland over 65 and had my full drivers CPC funded by ILA , found them very helpful , the training itself was carried out by LAGTA at Eurocentral , also excellent .

cpc

shugg:
I live in Scotland over 65 and had my full drivers CPC funded by ILA , found them very helpful , the training itself was carried out by LAGTA at Eurocentral , also excellent cpc.

ILA Funding is okay, however it only funds a maximum of £200 a year towards course cost.

shugg:
I live in Scotland over 65 and had my full drivers CPC funded by ILA , found them very helpful , the training itself was carried out by LAGTA at Eurocentral , also excellent cpc.

ILA Funding is good, however only funds a maximum of £200 per year depending on income.

Unfortunately you like a lot of us have to work hard save a little & pay for self sorry

My son lives in Edinburgh he has just moved house which means his out goings are a lot less also changed jobs pay a little more tyr to find a way of cutting you cost a little or give yourself a small budget to live on after paying all your bills not easy I know & I have done it

Although getting into debt is a risky business but I got a loan to my C license.

If you were unemployed, there may be funding available, but as you already have a job you are going to have to self finance unfortunately. You may be eligible for a career development loan though, which offer a reduced rate of interest.

In Edinburgh here, only ILA £200 unless you are lucky and score a deal with an employer, apart from that you are ■■■■■■, it took me a year of saving to go from car to c+e around £2700 altogether

Good luck