Funding Your LGV Training

Might of been mentioned on here before but…

Some Agencies will help you to fund your LGV training

When I first decided to do my LGV training I phoned a few agencies and found one that would fund my training.

The deal was that I would be tied in to a 12 month contract with them in exchange for the funding. When you first pass your test its hard to find any one other than agencies that will take you on anyway so the 12 month thing isn’t really a problem. Also, if I did find a full time job after 3 months I would only have to pay 75%, 50% after 6 months and so on.

This worked really well for me because I got my training, experience through the agency work and also the agency worked harder to find me work because they wanted to make a profit out of me.

Eventually I got a full time job through the agency and later left that to do my C+E - again funded by the agency.

I know that I was lucky to get this but if you’re prepared to phone around a bit you might get lucky aswell.

(I know no one’s interested in my life history but I’m telling it anyway :laughing: )

I am in that exact position at the moment, want to do my HGV licence (s) but am struggling to come up with the cash for it.

I might give that a try thanks!

Incidently what was the name of the agency you used?

Why didnt you mention this earlier lol, would have tried it had i known! :stuck_out_tongue:

^^^^ Don’t ask = don’t get! :laughing:

Dont think this could work in Scotland as thee bailiffs cant chase you down for debt, so basically you could get the training the f off to another company -

bartez111:
I am in that exact position at the moment, want to do my HGV licence (s) but am struggling to come up with the cash for it.

I might give that a try thanks!

Incidently what was the name of the agency you used?

2 Words Driver Hire franchises all over the UK most of them offer funded training. As mentioned they will then on passing guarantee you a set number of hours work per week. You pay them back at a pre determined rate until you pass its the same for your digi card and other training HIAB.etc

Didnt think about that, top marks my friend!!!

E-mail sent!

**:D :smiley: :smiley: Welcome bartez111 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:**

If you click the link in my signature it will lead you to an index where you can access a lot of info which may be of use to you in the future :smiley: :smiley:

BUT - you can start right now :exclamation: - not doing LGV driving :frowning: but improving your own general driving :smiley: , perhaps by getting an independant assessment of it - the local Advanced driving groups usually do free assessments :bulb: - and learning the safety questions

As mentioned before this was through Driver Hire.

I managed to get C and CE through them without paying a penny. The debt is written off over the course of your 12 month contract (you can ‘buy’ yourself out of this contract on a pro rata basis if you find something permanent before your 12 months is up)

Word of warning though - I would be cautious of any agency that guarentees work. In the world of agencies it is never possible to guarentee work.

Good luck trying to find funding!

Colinb - sorry it took so long - didn’t notice your PM

You have a PM waiting

The Declaration:
Dont think this could work in Scotland as thee bailiffs cant chase you down for debt, so basically you could get the training the f off to another company -

Been on the phone to Driver Hire in D/dee and they will put me through HIAB after I have been with them for a few months (not free of charge obviously) so it looks like I was wrong.

for some if you have been unemployed for six months the jobcentre used to
fund courses for class C or if you look in the local papers sometimes they have adverts like have you been unemployed for six months want to get back to work etc etc try those
may even fund C/E