First job after passing C+E

Passed my Cat CE at the beginning of this month and have just had a phone call to start my first job on Monday :smiley: :smiley:

As I’m new I’ve got 1 week with an experienced driver to asses me then all going well I’ll go onto the 4on 4off number I applied for.

I’ll be driving Bury St Edmunds to Hull and back each day.

I learned in an auto but will be driving a manual (yikes) Can’t see me having too much trouble though once I’ve played for a day or 2.

It’s a tanker job, transporting liquid animal feeds. And as I wanted to get onto tankers eventually I’m considering myself very lucky at landing this job first time. It’s a good company, payed breaks which I think is a rarity nowadays. Who knows, if I like it I’ll stay as it’s just up the road from me and the people I’ve met have been fantastic. Sort of bending over backwards to accommodate me as a new inexperienced driver.

This is my second job offer now with a company not agency and I can’t wait. I choose this job over the other because its tanker work and eventually it’ll be 4 on 4 off with 3 nights away. Perfect for me. And at around 40k pa the pay isn’t too shabby either.

My advice to others is don’t just rely on emailing companies. My experience so far is that as a new driver most emails get ignored. I applied, waited a week of hearing nothing then rang the company and arranged to go and meet them. I took my training record with me, my cv and a folder with everything I’ve achieved and done in my working life to date and bundles of enthusiasm. The boss said he had never been handed a folder full of certificates and achievements before. My enthusiasm and presentation got me the job.

This will be my workhorse :grimacing:

You been watching this guy’s vlogs? youtube.com/channel/UCTKz1q … Gaw/videos

rearaxle:
You been watching this guy’s vlogs? youtube.com/channel/UCTKz1q … Gaw/videos

I hadn’t no. That’s my evenings viewing sorted. Thanks for that.

Congratulations on getting the job. Doesn’t sound too much like hard work and the money’s there as well.

All the best with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
Congratulations on getting the job. Doesn’t sound too much like hard work and the money’s there as well.

All the best with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks Peter, and thanks for all your advice before I booked my training with you.

Now to start the real life training.