Failed C+E practical

Hi all had my test this morning, reversing exercise spot on. Coupling all good etc. Went out on my drive and got 1 minor.

Got 1 serious fault at a crossroad. I went to turn right at the crossing all the gaps fine looked into my mirror to watch the tyres on the kerb side and boom a car ahead came from an entrance to a housing estate and tried to beat the lights. I couldnt see this happening due to the tightness of the turn i was concentrating not mounting the kerb.

Im a 29 year old man and cried all the way home. Felt worse than a kick in the nads. Its really got me that down that i am seriously giving up on the idea of going ahead with a re test and just stick with my class 2 work.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Get back on the horse as they say. Sorry that you failed but I am sure you will have learnt from this and will come back fighting. Good luck and don’t give up.

Hi pal I know how you feel, I failed my c+e 2 weeks ago and felt the same I had 3 minors and 1 serious fault rolled back on hill start my mistake for not paying attention. I got back on the horse and passed tue just gone, I have gone straight into class 1 job with my work as i work in warehouse at min, dont let minor set back put you off keep at it and good luck!

If I read this correctly - and I am assuming a little here - had you known where your wheels were then you could have concentrated more on other things :question:

You do not look at where the wheels are on your car because you have an experienced feel as to where they are so perhaps the examiner was looking for you to know where your wheels are on the LGV in the same way …

ROG:
If I read this correctly - and I am assuming a little here - had you known where your wheels were then you could have concentrated more on other things :question:

You do not look at where the wheels are on your car because you have an experienced feel as to where they are so perhaps the examiner was looking for you to know where your wheels are on the LGV in the same way …

I know you didn’t mean it like this… but I think that’s a little harsh.

Some places are so tight you have little choice but to crawl and frantically check your front corner and where your wheels are cutting in.

Maybe I’m just a crap driver - but in some supermarket yards it’s like that. I’m sat outside one now waiting for them to let me in. I’ll be all over the mirrors just getting in.

Op stick at it and don’t give up. Artics are a lot more fun than rigids, you generally get paid more - and for most jobs it’s less work. It will be worth cracking on and getting it.

For those odd places where it is very tight then the head is going to be like a spinning top trying to look everywhere at once :exclamation:

ROG:
For those odd places where it is very tight then the head is going to be like a spinning top trying to look everywhere at once :exclamation:

20 drops, central London, my drivers head was swivelling like a tank turret on D Day.