ERF EC SERIES...still plenty about

Thanks for the feedback No Rush, really do appreciate your comments.
Interesting about the headlights, I have seen a few ECX’s with bodged in EC & other lamps
[/quote]
Toddy2,

You’re welcome.

The EC headlights, they’re not “bodged in”, that’s a readily available conversion.

Don’t forget the rattling side window when down ,as no quarter light like the EC .

Indeed, no quarterlight, one of it’s good points, being able to see in the n/s mirror when wet and or dark.

image.jpg

Hello Dan,

I saw a Punchards on the M1 Friday, stuck in the northbound queue about 3.30pm

Hi ,I either drive the blue one above or the pick up ,it would be the relatives I’d think .

Hello Dan, nice to still see these EC’s cracking-on, how long do you plan to run’em for? The R reg 8x4 EC11 tanker i drove was sold when 14 years old, along with it’s 13 year old sister and both are still putting in a good day’s running round Kent. I really miss that motor, proper money earner, and you drove it, it did’nt drive you!! :smiley: Chris.

Hi Dan

I have finally found a tidy EC Olympic,
Don’t want to speak too soon (Kiss of Death - my luck)
Hoping to look at it next week (long way away)
Hopefully do a deal on the old girl - watch this space!

STRAIGHT EIGHT:
Hello Dan, nice to still see these EC’s cracking-on, how long do you plan to run’em for? The R reg 8x4 EC11 tanker i drove was sold when 14 years old, along with it’s 13 year old sister and both are still putting in a good day’s running round Kent. I really miss that motor, proper money earner, and you drove it, it did’nt drive you!! :smiley: Chris.

Err well,my brother has plans to rid them most weeks but up to now I keep changing his mind .

Hear’s three EC’s I drove with Nithsdale District Council I liked the Hook lift although it could get interesting loading them on rough ground. Eddie.

NDC 6.jpg

NDC 4.jpg

Hi Eddie ,what hook gear did you have ,I’ve got some 1994 multilift gear off a 6 wheeler ,it’s not fitted yet but there’s a lot of wires .Dan

Hi Dan. It was a Multilift it was the model that the hook arm lifted maybe 3" before starting to shove back it was a good piece of kit never any trouble with it.
Eddie.

Limey:
Had the pleasure of meeting this pair recently. They looked and sounded terrific.

Looks like long rake spar ?

I overtook this yesterday (20/08/2014) on the E403 (Belgium) Northbound complete with an Ex-Hallens trailer…

Saw a very tidy looking Olympic on the M2 westbound this afternoon,

and I saw a Punchards CF near my house this morning before I went to work.

Couple ECX’s on the fair, worst ERF ever made in my opinion

Unloading in Canning Town this week!

Seems to be a few knocking around the Broadhurst yard, P326GBA is still working I’m sure of that.

Parked up sadly :frowning:

Still working by the looks of it:

And undergoing repairs:

Don’t worry, I was given permission to enter the yard and take pictures, they were very good about it and offered to show me around the workshops :smiley:

If you look on Walker Movements site and scroll down the 6x2 page there are a couple of these on there, 1 is an Olympic.
Around the £5k mark i think.

E15 R859HCA with K & P Iddon, Miller’s Recovery and Miller’s after fitting of third axle:

ZZ  R959HCA  (3)-001.jpg

… and, one taken (pre-Iddon) when it was a Demonstrator: