ERF EC SERIES...still plenty about

Been a good week for spotting EC’s still working

Took my Olympic to Uttoxeter on Friday, then across to Newark & back to Essex, saw 5 others whilst I was out, including a very smart Red EC on the A1,

Then Today, Saw the Pink Punchard’s Olympic on the M25, and another 2 EC’s on the M1

TROOPER 8011:
E15 R859HCA with K & P Iddon, Miller’s Recovery and Miller’s after fitting of third axle:

what gearbox has the black cat got mated to the Cat 3406■■

It could be any ,the 16 speed eaton was used behind the same engine in a Foden ,I’d prefer it to have the heavy duty twin splitter (13612) same as used behind the N14 .

Dan Punchard:
It could be any ,the 16 speed eaton was used behind the same engine in a Foden ,I’d prefer it to have the heavy duty twin splitter (13612) same as used behind the N14 .

Hello Dan, hope you are well,

seen your brother twice this week, M25 & M1

That will be Chris the brother in law ,I think my brother Seth would need a map to go down there now !

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Dan Punchard:
That will be Chris the brother in law ,I think my brother Seth would need a map to go down there now !

Loadstar gets a lift with a couple of RoboCuts

How many EC series still have the original bumper without the bits on top at each side ? Most bumpers have them in built now but on the earlier ones the side pieces on top were separate .

Toddy2:

Is that the pub on the A1 known for ■■■■■■ carry on ?

kindle530:
I dont know what series this is, but i saw it in Suffolk a few weeks ago

Kindle, it’s owned by a farmer in Shimpling, 1/2 way between Bury and Sudbury. It doesn’t do much, just the beet and occasional grain haulage. Where was it pictured? I don’t think it goes far from home?

Paulson:

kindle530:
I dont know what series this is, but i saw it in Suffolk a few weeks ago

Kindle, it’s owned by a farmer in Shimpling, 1/2 way between Bury and Sudbury. It doesn’t do much, just the beet and occasional grain haulage. Where was it pictured? I don’t think it goes far from home?

It was in a garage on the old A14 at Haughley bends westbound, where Little Chef and BP garage were mate.

Dan Punchard:

Toddy2:

Is that the pub on the A1 known for ■■■■■■ carry on ?

That is the pub on the a1 - but the carry on bit is news to me, I went in the OK diner next door for a bit of breakfast - perhaps I could have had afters next door then??

image.jpg

Saw a smart looking EC on the M1 last week

Think it said BOURNS of POYNTON on the front

Yesterday at Freckleton.
Was advised that it has a ■■■■■■■ M11 with an Eaton 4 over 4 with a splitter.

Photos courtesy of Zak.

blueovalcraig:

Photos courtesy of Zak.

That is well smart.
That looks just as good as most of the new stuff, and much better than the plain white motors :laughing:

didnt jcb have a fleet of them, the trucks were all refurbed and used for in house transports. parts and demonstration units.

Del-rider:
didnt jcb have a fleet of them, the trucks were all refurbed and used for in house transports. parts and demonstration units.

Yep - they still have them and looking good

Toddy2:

blueovalcraig:

Photos courtesy of Zak.

That is well smart.
That looks just as good as most of the new stuff, and much better than the plain white motors :laughing:

Couldn’t agree more mate. MacKirdy runs a tidy fleet mainly ERF over the years and now mainly MAN and one Scania and the W reg Volvo 7.5 tonner.