Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Buzzer:
Eye Wrighty dont sound like you had the best of weeks think your weather been harder than ours by the looks, seeing that picture of the cow & calf looks like he came out the side door, looks like a vet job and wondering what that costs nowadays, was it a breech or just too big to come out normal way ? weather looks to be more settled next 10 days or so and warming up a bit too, chairs Buzzer.

Evening Buzzer

Yes we had to take the calf out of the side as the heifers stomach muscles had ruptured, according to the vet this is very rare for it to affect heifers and is more common in older cows. It was going to make it virtually impossible for the cow to calve naturally so the decision was made to do a cesarean, luckily we timed it right and delivered a healthy calf, but on the downside it means the cow will not be fit to bull again and will be sold after the calf has been spaned.
Not sure on the cost but will be around the £500 mark, these things usually happen out of hours on a weekend so we shall see. Lets hope the weather does improve it has rained all day up ere, and everywhere is stood in water anymore we’ll need a jetski never mind a quad.

Cheers Wrighty.

Chip & Matt tipping on the IONA in Rotterdam this morning, aint done cruise ships for a while but when things become awkward they call on us the professionals to get the job done, Buzzer.

Hi Buzzer, Wrighty, another good set of photographs, Wrighty what a shame them two old bulls ,would they have been dispatched where it happened or knackers transport to the local slaughter house ,where they could go in to the food chain, or does insurance come in to play .

Years ago ,when on the fridges ,as you know sometimes you could be at a abattoir 24hrs loading and supposedly taking a 24hour break i watched a bull being slaughtered at PILGRIMS Banham. in the know for mostly Pork but would do any animal ,that took some time and it had to be rod-ed with a length of thick wire to kill its nerves ,i was stood out the way up high on rails in the lairage could just see the slaughter men were well out of the way once it got tipped on to the floor, apparently they have been known to run amok ,once dispatched ,that is why everyone was out of the way maybe any ex slaughter man -driver would confirm.

one thing with driving back then you got to see things you would not normally.pdb.

Buzzer:
Chip & Matt tipping on the IONA in Rotterdam this morning, aint done cruise ships for a while but when things become awkward they call on us the professionals to get the job done, Buzzer.

Great photos Buzzer,more like this please ! :smiley:

Chip & Matt tipped Rotterdam Monday and reloaded tipping side by side today, they Gelled on to get the job done, Buzzer.

Evening Buzzer

Spent the night at Rownhams servs last night and loaded steel plate out of Southampton docks this morning, nice handy load at 3.4 meters wide. Parked up at Harthill services tipping Rosyth int morning the who knows where…
1844117C-BA0D-4D6B-A2B2-7BE84818DC0A.jpeg
71B1A969-2555-4722-8F93-EEF3F058AD20.jpeg

Cheers Wrighty.

Dont you need an ■■■■■■ with a load that wide Wrighty ? , went to Salisbury market today but only in me Disco saw some 11mo Charolais steers sold of someone I knew they made 940’s across the board and his 22mo made 1250 so he went home a happy chappie, Buzzer

Buzzer:
Dont you need an ■■■■■■ with a load that wide Wrighty ? , went to Salisbury market today but only in me Disco saw some 11mo Charolais steers sold of someone I knew they made 940’s across the board and his 22mo made 1250 so he went home a happy chappie, Buzzer

The limit is 3.5m so was just under, had mi movement order so was good to go. The store cattle trade seems to be holding up nicely, we’ve nothing ready yet which is not a problem as we have enough on with lambing…

Cheers Wrighty.

International update, Andrew and Mike tipping in Antibes Southern France this morning after which there heading into Italy via the Vent to load tomorrow for Blighty, Buzzer.

One Man Went to Mow tra la la :laughing: in France with a 1940 Citroen.
Oily

France Dave Fawcett (1940) Citroen B10 50975274958_a708797fe2_o.jpg

Seen this New Holland on my walk today.

Click on twice for larger pic.

IMG_20210225_134854.jpg

IMG_20210225_134901.jpg

Dean how things have changed over the years in Agriculture, you may wonder how they get the perfectly distanced wheel lines across the fields when spraying and I believe this is achieved by the use of computers and the machines are steered by these as well except the end turns. I was once talking to a fella about cattle and his son sets up programs for farmers and he can do this from home on a computer using Google maps, he can be hundreds of miles away and sets a program for a field that the machines computer picks up and follows this prevents over spraying of expensive chemicals as well, its a long way from when I used to go ploughing with coloured pole sticks to aim at, Buzzer.

Hi all, yes Buzzer i believe you are right they use GPS now to guide farm vehicle’s these day’s all very cleaver. Went passed Tracy island this afternoon 5 or 6 back in 1 on the wash all looking good. :sunglasses:

As well as remote ploughing via GPS, is it still true that if you don’t keep up with repayments or lease charges they immobilise the tractor remotely too??

Loading pears on a Friday in Italy, Buzzer

whisperingsmith:
As well as remote ploughing via GPS, is it still true that if you don’t keep up with repayments or lease charges they immobilise the tractor remotely too??

I wouldn’t be at all surprised, Tesla switches off supercharging remotely if you don’t pay the fee.

> kerbut:
> I wouldn’t be at all surprised, Tesla switches off supercharging remotely if you don’t pay the fee.

Would be a good Wheeze for Ann Summers on leased pleasure toys :blush: :blush: :blush:

Buzzer:
Dean how things have changed over the years in Agriculture, you may wonder how they get the perfectly distanced wheel lines across the fields when spraying and I believe this is achieved by the use of computers and the machines are steered by these as well except the end turns. I was once talking to a fella about cattle and his son sets up programs for farmers and he can do this from home on a computer using Google maps, he can be hundreds of miles away and sets a program for a field that the machines computer picks up and follows this prevents over spraying of expensive chemicals as well, its a long way from when I used to go ploughing with coloured pole sticks to aim at, Buzzer.

Funny you should mention how you can programme how a tractor ploughs etc a field. Paul Gee was talking to me
about this very subject this week. :wink:

Mind you those 2 old tractors you posted are probably more reliable than these modern ones with all
the electrics/sensors etc. :unamused: :laughing:

Fifty years in this old game of International transport, where has the time gone, Buzzer

126116931_193015075657376_4548850051572956671_n.jpg

img097 (3)_LI.jpg

Buzzer:
Fifty years in this old game of International transport, where has the time gone, Buzzer

Happy half a century Buzzer, quite an achievement in transport.
That 8 year old truck is a credit to you and your lads, Cheer’s Pete