Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Saw this one last week.

Thanks for your comments Pete, Horry my oldest son is more fastidious than me when it comes to the equipment and how it looks.

Dean expect there is a lot of cultivating going on at the moment with this dry spell we are having & farmers can get there spring corn in the ground, chairs Buzzer.

T33 gelling on today on the M25

Buzzer:
Thanks for your comments Pete, Horry my oldest son is more fastidious than me when it comes to the equipment and how it looks.

Dean expect there is a lot of cultivating going on at the moment with this dry spell we are having & farmers can get there spring corn in the ground, chairs Buzzer.

Talking about the dry spell Buzzer although we have only had about 4 days with no rain its surprising how quickly the cold
weather and wind has dried up some of the walks alot. Definately more action on the farms like you say. :wink:

TB test reading on the Charolais Steers & Heifers today and as always it is a relief to go all clear, young cattle are making silly money at the moment so going to move these on, they have grown well but as I see them every day you dont notice it, Cheers Buzzer.

Tip Holland reload Belgium and on a Friday too, Buzzer.

Buzzer:

You learn something new everyday. I only thought we imported flowers from Holland,never realised we exported
flowers to Holland. :wink:

DEANB:

Buzzer:

You learn something new everyday. I only thought we imported flowers from Holland,never realised we exported

Dean its a job we do most years as the Daf’s are much earlier here, of course they are picked in tight bud and our driver says there were 136,000 bunches on the load but the problem apparently is as I saw on the news because of Covid there are not enough pickers here and the crop will just rot. We also have taken bulbs from Spalding too Holland, chairs Buzzer.

DEANB:

Buzzer:

I remember loading bulbs from somewhere around Spalding back in the '90’s to Holland- I can’t remember if they were Daf or Tulip bulbs, but I was told at the time that most of the Dafs / Tulips grown in Holland were from English bulbs.
I’m sure someone from Geoff Gilbert’s would have more info, that was who I did that particular load for.

Cheers all,

Keith

Evening Buzzer

Well it’s all going on up ere, two cows calved last night (unaided) thankfully, and yows spitting lambs out for fun. Luckily the weather is being kind although it looks to be turning unsettled through the week, it’s a pity as the land is drying up nicely at the moment.
Back to it tomorrow off down Ollerton with concrete and then who knows…

Cheers Wrighty.

IMG_0952.JPG

Buzzer:
“DEANB” "Buzzer"Tip Holland reload Belgium and on a Friday too, Buzzer.

Dean its a job we do most years as the Daf’s are much earlier here, of course they are picked in tight bud and our driver says there were 136,000 bunches on the load but the problem apparently is as I saw on the news because of Covid there are not enough pickers here and the crop will just rot. We also have taken bulbs from Spalding too Holland, chairs Buzzer.

Thanks for the info Buzzer. :wink:

Saw this one a while back.

Apparently Megan Markle contemplated suicide and I know plenty who would have assisted her in that endeavour she only had to call the ungrateful ■■■■■, Buzzer

Well I am allowed to tell you all now as it is on general release that Davies International in our 50th year of trading has placed an order for ten new Scania S500’s to arrive later this year and will replace the existing fleet which is of 2014 vintage, this should keep the drivers happy as they all thought we were going to buy MAN’s so keep on Gelling boys they will be here soon enough, Chairs Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Well I am allowed to tell you all now as it is on general release that Davies International in our 50th year of trading has placed an order for ten new Scania S500’s to arrive later this year and will replace the existing fleet which is of 2014 vintage, this should keep the drivers happy as they all thought we were going to buy MAN’s so keep on Gelling boys they will be here soon enough, Chairs Buzzer.

Good to hear you have some new motors coming Buzzer. :smiley:

Makes sense to stay with Scania with them being so close by for servicing etc. :wink:

Saw this today on a walk. I assume its a trough but not very deep, and a bit of an odd place to
have it along side a track with no fence between.Must have been 50 foot long.

IMG_20210309_125437.jpg

IMG_20210309_125429.jpg

Buzzer , you should have told them that they were all getting new Hino’s Chinese trucks .

Roger loaded and locked ready to ship out to Austria, chairs Buzzer

160326726_3892707320819628_328094263997771621_n (2).jpg

Going back to 1988 picture by Paul Stephens aka “FT” on a busman’s holiday to Salerno with an STS tilt in tow almost certainly with hides that usually tipped in the docks, we used to do alot of traction for STS back in the day and although they did the Sony tele’s out of Bridgend I always favoured doing the longer jobs and could usually be done as quick as a Milan as they always sat round for reloads, good old days never to be seen again, chairs Buzzer

Evening Buzzer

Well that was a bloody average week, last Sunday the land was drying up grand just like soft plasticine then by Tuesday it was back to soup. Another wet week and to top it off we had snow,hail wind and rain yesterday. On a brighter note the lambing seems to be going ok( too many triplets though) and we are calving steady away so not all bad, back to it tomorrow with a local load down to Garstang then not sure where…

Cheers Wrighty.

IMG_1095.JPG

The photos of the concrete {culvert] in the field could have been a outlet for field drainage, or a water spring that was managed as a stream instead of flooding, also i have seen them along side a lake to take overflow after heavy rain also run off from road drains .my view.dbp.

PDB I thought that may have been some sort of trough for dipping sheep or at least a footbath but maybe wrong with that Idea.

Hey up Wrighty bet your glad you never had to drive that Dagenham dustbin, buy one of them and they would drop in value like a lead balloon, see you got the worst end of the weather again just as it were drying up a bit, we are better off and my mate did some rolling last week but then Wednesday it poured and back to square one we went bit like snakes & ladders. Looks set fair for ten days but it can change real fast, chairs Buzzer.