Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Buzzer:
International update for this week.
Andrew 26hrs UK customs at the train then 30hrs Italy customs, approx 30 phone calls & 48 E mails plus a few choice phrase’s not used since 1993 eventually tipped this afternoon loading tomorrow.
Then there was Matt a bit better for him, 28hrs UK customs, 2hrs Italian customs tipped Modena plus loaded two collection Modena, loaded, locked, sealed but we think he parted with 200 Rothmans and 2000lira GOB better get Gelling.

Awkward times for you Buzzer, with regard to trucks being held up. I assume due to contracts with existing customers
you have to keep going to Europe at the moment, and cant keep them in the UK for a month or so until things sort
themselves out. Obviously if you dont go i assume you also risk another haulier under cutting you to try and nick the work.

What a fine and good looking fleet Davies have, a credit to their drivers and owner for the tip top condition of their vehicles and equipment.

Dean we have ample UK work to keep the trucks busy so not over worried just do what we have too.

Tarmaceater thanks for the compliment, we have always paid attention to our equipment and it pays dividends when disposing of assets, the chap who buys most our old tractor units does not even come and look at them as he knows what he is going to get.

Andrew returned to the UK with his load of fruit from Italy, washed off the rig before delivery too, cheers Buzzer

N.M.P

Thanks for the picture Pete, well it’s that time of year again when Seville oranges are about so its marmalade making time, usually do 40 odd jars a lot for us and some to gift away. Mine is made quite tart as I am not a lover of Golden Thread type, Buzzer.

Good morning all.Thought I’d put this one up as it hasn’t been put on Facebook lol just loaded last collection of 3 in Italy,all paperwork done & good to gel on back to Blighty :smiley: :smiley: & get back into my tu tu :laughing: :laughing:
0A44D6E9-9FE7-4193-84F2-98EDE61FB9FD.jpeg

Andrew Morrison:
Good morning all.Thought I’d put this one up as it hasn’t been put on Facebook lol just loaded last collection of 3 in Italy,all paperwork done & good to gel on back to Blighty :smiley: :smiley: & get back into my tu tu :laughing: :laughing: 0

Great pic,nice to see some of the scenery in the background. :wink:

Looking at the amount of snow lying around i take it you have washed that motor as it should be hanging with all the
snow and salt. :laughing:

Hi all, Andrew where were you when you took that last picture. :sunglasses:

Smart as ever just need 6 of these on each vehicle …

heres a pic for you Buzzer :wink:

On there way to Bosnia during the conflict in the early 90’s Dan, it was a very good job for us until Stobart bought the company we were subbing off just to get there foot in the door with the MOD then proceeded to naff the job up due to inexperience, Buzzer.

DEANB:

Andrew Morrison:
Good morning all.Thought I’d put this one up as it hasn’t been put on Facebook lol just loaded last collection of 3 in Italy,all paperwork done & good to gel on back to Blighty :smiley: :smiley: & get back into my tu tu :laughing: :laughing: 0

Looking at the amount of snow lying around i take it you have washed that motor as it should be hanging with all the

Hi Dean last pic was at Lana nr Bolzano,Italy didn’t really see much snow falling it was all cleared by time I got there.Truck was last cleaned before I left uk but lots of heavy rain probably kept it looking clean…from a distance lol

gerbil sb152:
Hi all, Andrew where were you when you took that last picture. :sunglasses:

Hi gerbil last photo was Lana nr Bolzano,Italy

Oops just driving along all of a sudden banging & a clattering & one light bar falling off ffs Into Scania tomorrow for a new one & I’m off home for a few days rest :smiley:

A few in France on way down to Italy last week :smiley: :smiley:
05D6251B-6BFC-49F9-8568-6EF9F78A1FA0.jpeg
1538C3F7-FAF2-4FC5-9312-83F73334942B.jpeg

Andrew Morrison:
“DEANB”

Hi Dean last pic was at Lana nr Bolzano,Italy didn’t really see much snow falling it was all cleared by time I got there.Truck was last cleaned before I left uk but lots of heavy rain probably kept it looking clean…from a distance lol

Would have put money on that you had washed that motor Andrew ! Looks bloody clean considering the miles you have done.

Thanks for the other pics with some scenery. I miss all the stunning scenery throughout Europe ! :smiley: :wink:

Mont Blanc.

Hi all, we used to load concentrated apple juice from Bolzano good load but always heavy in those 20ft container tanks. You had to be a bit careful up and down the Blanc. But a good job especially when we had run down empty from Le Fleche after tipping cream. :sunglasses:

Nice to see some cattle roaming Wareham forest.

IMG_20210118_125018.jpg

IMG_20210118_125031.jpg

Dean there used to be White Park cattle in Wareham forest so there either someone else’s or they have changed breed, don’t know if they have to pay or if its conservation grazing, Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Dean there used to be White Park cattle in Wareham forest so there either someone else’s or they have changed breed, don’t know if they have to pay or if its conservation grazing, Buzzer.

No idea Buzzer i cant remember ever seeing any cattle in Wareham forest before. I like the sign,thats a classic. :wink: