Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

If ifs and buts was whisky and nuts, we would all be millionaires.

Buzzer:

gerbil sb152:
Just seen this. Better get your rate’s up Buzzer. :sunglasses:

Already there Kev, spoke to Horry yesterday and as said before we got two loads back from a job we used to do and lost by a rate cutting company using cheap Flip Flop drivers. The rate was greatly enhanced and we have a clause £500 a day by paperwork delays and just as well as Andrew was at the stinky express for 24hrs yesterday with Mat not far behind. No one will touch fish at all as they know what the bar stewards are going to do, until they realise there is a shortage and there Industry starts to suffer there wont be an end to it, if you think back its a bit like when they did away with permits no one could quite believe all that time we used to waste in custom clearance, the only sad thing is that our Government are not doing the same to incoming trucks they should put the hammer down this side as well and punish them like they are doing to us, in the end companies just wont bother to do International, feel a company name change on the way, Davies not going OUT,OUT. But joking aside its not funny any more and also Holland, Germany & Spain have said we cannot claim any VAT back as of 01/01/21 we will be having tank shines in a minute, this country needs to reciprocate and PDQ.

And I saw a Brit driver had his Ham samidges conviscated at the Dutch border, thought they would be more concerned with Covid but oh no. Buzzer

UK ports and hauliers being cut out of the loop?
express.co.uk/news/politics … al-fishing
Fishing minister wasn’t on the ball?
dailyrecord.co.uk/news/poli … d-23313814
So if the EU delays trucks entering their territory, we should retaliate by delaying trucks entering the UK?
How will delaying goods and foods bought by British business and shops help us exactly?

whisperingsmith:
An operational question(s) for you Buzzer:

1: Are Docs needed for exports to EU & imports to UK Digital??

2: If so would it make sense for shipments beyond France (or other landing country) to use TIR
then clear at an inland clearance depot in consignee country. Then if any problem with Docs
e-mail them through once rectified ■■

2a: When the main courier services are restored to the EU, use TIR then clear at an inland clearance depot in consignee country.
Then if any problem with Docs courier them once rectified ■■

3: If Docs still need to be on paper can drivers be equipped with the correct paper and then print the Docs
when problems are sorted. ■■

4: Issue drivers with PCs loaded with the relevant software + a range of papers & any other tools needed to produce
convincing docs - rather like the John Bull printing kits used on the ME run in the 70s :unamused: :unamused: :question:

Customs docs are digital now.
I don’t know about the vet checks for foods.
A straight load will have one doc associated with it.
A groupage trailer will need separate docs for each item, but for convenience these are all grouped on to one document.
That one number can be scanned as a barcode on entering the EU.
If it goes smooth the vehicle will he cleared as it sits on ferry or the train. If not it should be directed into a holding area.
The idea is that it will run smoothly later so no need for TIR parks taking up land and employing staff. Costs money to raise docs and clear on both sides, so that will cost billions already.

Franglais:

Buzzer:

gerbil sb152:
Just seen this. Better get your rate’s up Buzzer. :sunglasses:

Already there Kev, spoke to Horry yesterday and as said before we got two loads back from a job we used to do and lost by a rate cutting company using cheap Flip Flop drivers. The rate was greatly enhanced and we have a clause £500 a day by paperwork delays and just as well as Andrew was at the stinky express for 24hrs yesterday with Mat not far behind. No one will touch fish at all as they know what the bar stewards are going to do, until they realise there is a shortage and there Industry starts to suffer there wont be an end to it, if you think back its a bit like when they did away with permits no one could quite believe all that time we used to waste in custom clearance, the only sad thing is that our Government are not doing the same to incoming trucks they should put the hammer down this side as well and punish them like they are doing to us, in the end companies just wont bother to do International, feel a company name change on the way, Davies not going OUT,OUT. But joking aside its not funny any more and also Holland, Germany & Spain have said we cannot claim any VAT back as of 01/01/21 we will be having tank shines in a minute, this country needs to reciprocate and PDQ.

And I saw a Brit driver had his Ham samidges conviscated at the Dutch border, thought they would be more concerned with Covid but oh no. Buzzer

UK ports and hauliers being cut out of the loop?
express.co.uk/news/politics … al-fishing
Fishing minister wasn’t on the ball?
dailyrecord.co.uk/news/poli … d-23313814
So if the EU delays trucks entering their territory, we should retaliate by delaying trucks entering the UK?
How will delaying goods and foods bought by British business and shops help us exactly?

F what is good for the Goose is good for the Gander and all that, they are being pedantic as they dont want to play ball they are trying to teach us a lesson. If I was in Government now the whole agreement would be revoked and we would leave on WTO terms as we should have done in the first place, they just want to be in control of the whole shooting match as they have for the past 40 odd years, blow up the tunnel and all the cross channel ferries and lets move on.

As for WS see you climbed out the old tin mine to spout off again, suggest you direct all your questions to the relevant government body or just ask Franglais as he appears to be well up on subject of the necessary requirements.

Dennis I have difficulty understanding Ma Kranky any way, wonder what her voice sounds like with a French twang, Buzzer.

> Buzzer:
> As for WS see you climbed out the old tin mine to spout off again, suggest you direct all your questions to the relevant government body or just ask Franglais as he appears to be well up on subject of the necessary requirements.

They were genuine questions Buzzer, (Nothing Political) as being out of the game I don’t know the current systems & Docs.

I came across the TIR suggestion on the IRU website & thought it made sense https://www.iru.org/

whisperingsmith:
> Buzzer:
> As for WS see you climbed out the old tin mine to spout off again, suggest you direct all your questions to the relevant government body or just ask Franglais as he appears to be well up on subject of the necessary requirements.

They were genuine questions Buzzer, (Nothing Political) as being out of the game I don’t know the current systems & Docs.

I came across the TIR suggestion on the IRU website & thought it made sense https://www.iru.org/

There are inland depots being set up in the UK. The UK isn’t yet ready to start doing much checking on imports as we don’t yet have the software or infrastructure to do so. (Correct me if that’s wrong anyone) That is due to start June? So currently any delays will be t’other side.
If Buzzer wants to cut links so “we” starve ourselves of imports, until “they” give in maybe he’ll have to wait a few months. [emoji3]

Franglais:

whisperingsmith:
> Buzzer:

There are inland depots being set up in the UK. The UK isn’t yet ready to start doing much checking on imports as we don’t yet have the software or infrastructure to do so. (Correct me if that’s wrong anyone) That is due to start June? So currently any delays will be t’other side.
If Buzzer wants to cut links so “we” starve ourselves of imports, until “they” give in maybe he’ll have to wait a few months. [emoji3]

Most imports you are talking about are foodstuffs such as fruit and veg as this effects the majority of the people in this country, we have become reliant on the big supermarkets for these supplies and as a company we do bring in a lot of this product. As an alternative although not as convenient as the big supermarkets there are plenty of farmers markets where the goods are super fresh and usually comparable on price. Today we can import many of these lines from else ware in the world, the producers in the EU countries may not agree with the way there governing bodies are handling the situation, at the end of the day its just sour grapes and as I said before they are trying to teach us a lesson for being democratic, having a vote & leaving there corrupt institution, the sooner the EU collapses the better, Buzzer.

I remember buying a 2nd hand IBM typewriter in 1974/5 for £250 - a tidy sum then. Worth the money though as it managed to print a 24 Volet TIR carnet using carbon paper in one go.

Must make life so much easier these days having digital documents

It’s a shame we are not allowed bung money or coffee money to the Douanes or customs , a sleeve of Marlborough cigarettes could get you out of trouble and get the wheels rolling.
But didn’t try that with Pinocchio the big nosed Gendarmerie motorcycle cop in Cherbourg who would watch you on binoculars, waiting for UK and Irish trucks coming over the hill , he had a chip on his shoulder with the rumour of a truck who brake tested him and he ran up the back of a trailer.

Tarmaceater:
It’s a shame we are not allowed bung money or coffee money to the Douanes or customs , a sleeve of Marlborough cigarettes could get you out of trouble and get the wheels rolling.
But didn’t try that with Pinocchio the big nosed Gendarmerie motorcycle cop in Cherbourg who would watch you on binoculars, waiting for UK and Irish trucks coming over the hill, he had a chip on his shoulder with the rumour of a truck who brake tested him and he ran up the back of a trailer.

I don’t know about someone running him into the back of a trailer unless Murphy International wanted to get a double after Ginger in Paris, but Claud (that was P,s name ) died of alcohol poisoning, but apparently, his son has taken over where he left off.

This rumour of the Scottish motorcycle rider for the French Gendarmerie who had a long ginger beard was heard on every ferry crossing I sailed on , apparently he patrolled the Paris Perphique ring road .
I knew a Tony who worked in the fuel station at Claudes original restaurant , let us say the fuel pump accuracy got him some porridge time .
But he did stock a good range of CB’s and cow hair furry wooden clogs and wallets with two feet long chains .

kerbut:

Tarmaceater:
But didn’t try that with Pinocchio the big nosed Gendarmerie motorcycle cop in Cherbourg who would watch you on binoculars, waiting for UK and Irish trucks coming over the hill, he had a chip on his shoulder with the rumour of a truck who brake tested him and he ran up the back of a trailer.

I don’t know about someone running him into the back of a trailer unless Murphy International wanted to get a double after Ginger in Paris, but Claud (that was P,s name ) died of alcohol poisoning, but apparently, his son has taken over where he left off.

Thats 100% true about Pinocchio running up the back of a truck in Cherbourg.

I know the driver who was aiming a 143 and was crawling along in traffic through Cherbourg. He saw Pinocchio and used the
trailer brake so no brake lights come on and matey went up the back of him and fell off ! He never bothered stopping and
made the ferry ! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

The 143’s had a seperate pull on air brake lever for the trailer.

scania 143 brake.PNG

Bit of moisture content in this load Buzzer down by you M27 last week, all credit to eastleighbusman for the photo.
Oily

DEANB:

kerbut:

Tarmaceater:

Thats 100% true about Pinocchio running up the back of a truck in Cherbourg.

I know the driver who was aiming a 143 and was crawling along in traffic through Cherbourg. He saw Pinocchio and used the
trailer brake so no brake lights come on and matey went up the back of him and fell off ! He never bothered stopping and
made the ferry ! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Another bit of information about Pinocchio is that he could speak fluent English and used to listen into CB chatter and drivers sometimes dropped themselves right in the smelly stuff Buzzer.
The 143’s had a seperate pull on air brake lever for the trailer.

International update for this week.
Andrew 26hrs UK customs at the train then 30hrs Italy customs, approx 30 phone calls & 48 E mails plus a few choice phrase’s not used since 1993 eventually tipped this afternoon loading tomorrow.
Then there was Matt a bit better for him, 28hrs UK customs, 2hrs Italian customs tipped Modena plus loaded two collection Modena, loaded, locked, sealed but we think he parted with 200 Rothmans and 2000lira GOB better get Gelling.

oiltreader:
Bit of moisture content in this load Buzzer down by you M27 last week, all credit to eastleighbusman for the photo.
Oily

Thats more like it Oily, and from an outside stack as well…

Hey up Wrighty how high is that load of gold, have you ever measured it and another question how do you get straps over top especially if its windy. When I get straw and thats only two high a short bit of chain is put through the eye of the strap to give a bit of weight but make sure the mush tother side knows when its coming as it can hurt if it clobbers you. Weather a tad better here this week but we got wet ont way but not as bad off as you by the looks. That load Oily put on may have been for a power station so wont matter if its wet, cheers Buzzer.

1475785_687280007959232_620871833_n.jpg

Buzzer:
Hey up Wrighty how high is that load of gold, have you ever measured it and another question how do you get straps over top especially if its windy. When I get straw and thats only two high a short bit of chain is put through the eye of the strap to give a bit of weight but make sure the mush tother side knows when its coming as it can hurt if it clobbers you. Weather a tad better here this week but we got wet ont way but not as bad off as you by the looks. That load Oily put on may have been for a power station so wont matter if its wet, cheers Buzzer.

Evening Buzzer

That load of gold is approx 16’11" high, too bloody high to be honest but we haven’t clobbered any bridges yet, it does make you look at every bridge and wonder if it’s lower than the last one you went under.
Weather up ere is a tad wintry snowed all Wed night and all day Thursday and then it froze, luckily there has been no wind to blow the snow about which would have made a mess. They are forecasting more snow tonight and maybe some rain tomorrow so we shall see, busy week on the road this week hauled concrete, steel, straw and finished with a load of bagged coal so plenty of variety…

Cheers Wrighty.

IMG_0462.JPG

Buzzer:
Hey up Wrighty how high is that load of gold, have you ever measured it and another question how do you get straps over top especially if its windy. When I get straw and thats only two high a short bit of chain is put through the eye of the strap to give a bit of weight but make sure the mush tother side knows when its coming as it can hurt if it clobbers you. Weather a tad better here this week but we got wet ont way but not as bad off as you by the looks. That load Oily put on may have been for a power station so wont matter if its wet, cheers Buzzer.[/quote

Anne asked me to tell you John that she has taken exception to that shot of the brushes leaning on the wall and the “caption” ! :open_mouth: :wink: and I have to tell you that she would quite happily shove one of them ( the widest and prickliest one !) right up your jacksie !! :laughing: You cheeky ■■■■■■■ ! :open_mouth: ending with " ■■■■■■■ Drivers they never ever change" I’m only the messenger Buzzer and I should never have called her to look at the post so sorry Mate ! :frowning: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Cheers Dennis

This is Andrew gelling on home from Italy loaded with fruit for a supermarket near you, Buzzer.