Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Evening Dan

No we don’t have a trailer with fixed ramps it was probably one of Gordon Gilders, we have similar colour schemes. I’m up near Stirling tonight loading int morning for Selby.

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20190820_005.jpg

This is “snapper” overlooking Berwick on Tweed earlier this week, Buzzer.

Saw this John Deere doing its stuff yesterday,awesome bit of kit.

Click on pics for larger view.

Thanks for those pictures Dean seems a bit of a hit & miss season this year with regular stops for wet weather but looking better now, Buzzer.

Buzzer:
This is “snapper” overlooking Berwick on Tweed earlier this week, Buzzer.

Complete with fly swat!!!

David

Homage to The Fly Swat & Mr Morrison,
Fly Swat was needed in France last month as there were millions of the little buggers at our brothers house
& even though got flyscreens in the Camper they got in!
regards
Jeremy

Not a good start to the morning at Tracy Island today as a driver phoned in to say he was at his second pickup having loaded 1 pallet the day before but when backed onto the bay to load the second consignment just north of Paris it was discovered he had four immigrants in the back, the police were called and they were taken away. The rear doors of the fridge were still secure and we found these scum had cut a hole in the roof and slithered in and stuck it up with duck tape.
This little escapade will cost us thousands of pounds to put right plus we had to abort loading and come home empty and at some stage get the roof of the trailer replaced and bearing in mind this is a fridge not a tilt, it seems to me that nowadays these scum will go to any level to achieve there aim of making it to Britain but that’s where our government are at fault, they should be despatched straight back to the shores of France (where are all the old landing craft when you need one) but then we have human rights to contend with as well.
Strikes me you are not safe to park anywhere within 400kms from a ferry nowadays without risk of having these immigrants trying to stow away on transport coming home.
We need change here for sure and it cannot come soon enough, hauliers just doing there job are vulnerable with no recompense for the actions of these people, we know of two other fridge companies with instances such as ours to boot, luckily for us no load was spoiled which could have made the insurance claim far higher, Buzzer.

Evening Buzzer

End of another busy week back home tonight to start our 2nd cut of silage, weathers looking good and about time after all that rain…

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20190822_007.jpg

WP_20190821_001.jpg

wrighty:
Evening Buzzer

End of another busy week back home tonight to start our 2nd cut of silage, weathers looking good and about time after all that rain…

Cheers Wrighty.

Hiya Wrighty ,the middle one will do me ,we could swap ,just had a good pint of Yorkshire blonde in the cross keys tebay :smiley: waiting to load further over in the morning :wink:

Punchy Dan:

wrighty:
Evening Buzzer

Cheers Wrighty.

Hiya Wrighty ,the middle one will do me ,we could swap ,just had a good pint of Yorkshire blonde in the cross keys tebay :smiley: waiting to load further over in the morning :wink:

Evening Dan

You wouldn’t want the 3CX it was a reet nail, leaking oil like a sieve it’s gone to auction no doubt making it’s way to mainland Europe…The 2CX was in quite good order though…

Cheers Wrighty.

Yes I think there’s a few small holders that prefer the 2cx ,my m8 who I had my 3c111 off went on to one .

Evening,wrighty would you need a marker board on the bucket overhang. or has the laws changed, i have no idea these days…
I did the theory test for HGV on my phone app, no wonder the country is short of drivers:what a lot of nonsense questions.dbp.

Buzzer:
Not a good start to the morning at Tracy Island today as a driver phoned in to say he was at his second pickup having loaded 1 pallet the day before but when backed onto the bay to load the second consignment just north of Paris it was discovered he had four immigrants in the back, the police were called and they were taken away. The rear doors of the fridge were still secure and we found these scum had cut a hole in the roof and slithered in and stuck it up with duck tape.
This little escapade will cost us thousands of pounds to put right plus we had to abort loading and come home empty and at some stage get the roof of the trailer replaced and bearing in mind this is a fridge not a tilt, it seems to me that nowadays these scum will go to any level to achieve there aim of making it to Britain but that’s where our government are at fault, they should be despatched straight back to the shores of France (where are all the old landing craft when you need one) but then we have human rights to contend with as well.
Strikes me you are not safe to park anywhere within 400kms from a ferry nowadays without risk of having these immigrants trying to stow away on transport coming home.
We need change here for sure and it cannot come soon enough, hauliers just doing there job are vulnerable with no recompense for the actions of these people, we know of two other fridge companies with instances such as ours to boot, luckily for us no load was spoiled which could have made the insurance claim far higher, Buzzer.

Sorry to hear of your unwanted problems John ,it is making my ■■■■■■■ blood boil seeing what’s happening particularly with them crossing the channel on anything that floats ! The Border Force should convey the ■■■■■ back to France and not bring them to our shores because once in Blighty the ■■■■■ know they are “home and dry” in the UK ! Did you see on the news that xxxx with a couple of kids from Somalia IIRC complaining about living in a shipping container in the UK !!! She would be living in a ■■■■■■■ mud hut where she came from the cheeky cow ! But is Boris up to it to sort it out ? I bet his Hobo Macron is encouraging the Illegal’s to cross The Channel eh! Cheers, mad as a barsteward, Dennis.

Bewick:

Buzzer:

Sorry to hear of your unwanted problems John ,it is making my [zb] blood boil seeing what’s happening particularly with them crossing the channel on anything that floats ! The Border Force should convey the [zb] back to France and not bring them to our shores because once in Blighty the [zb] know they are “home and dry” in the UK ! Did you see on the news that xxxx with a couple of kids from Somalia IIRC complaining about living in a shipping container in the UK !!! She would be living in a [zb] mud hut where she came from the cheeky cow ! But is Boris up to it to sort it out ? I bet his Hobo Macron is encouraging the Illegal’s to cross The Channel eh! Cheers, mad as a barsteward, Dennis.

Dennis I saw that lovely woman with a large head shawl on with just her face showing on the news as well and if it were me as she was in a shipping container already I would wait for her to go to bed lock the doors and move her to the docks and ship her out with her four kids, whats that costing us every week FFS. your mate with those nice blue trucks with a big hiab could assist with the removal :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I would have closed the doors and put the fridge on constant -20

kerbut:
I would have closed the doors and put the fridge on constant -20

That’s my sentiments entirely but we had a valuable pallet of pharma at the front with the internal door down so no good, Buzzer

Evening Buzzer

Been a busy day up ere getting our second cut silage in, and it’s been bloody hot we shouldn’t complain but it was hard going. Hopefully we will finish tomorrow so may get a bit of a relax tomorrow afternoon after i’ve mown mi lawn…

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20190825_004.jpg

WP_20190825_002.jpg

Wrighty cant see a lot of bales about the field in that second shot but I suppose it is second cut and every one counts in the winter eh, quiet day here for me just the feed round to the steers but the grass has held up better this year due to the rain we have had intermittently so hope it carries on that way, Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Wrighty cant see a lot of bales about the field in that second shot but I suppose it is second cut and every one counts in the winter eh, quiet day here for me just the feed round to the steers but the grass has held up better this year due to the rain we have had intermittently so hope it carries on that way, Buzzer.

Morning Buzzer

The crop is fairly light as we didn’t put any fert on just a bit of bedding muck after first cut, the field in the second shot cropped the best 36 bales off 5 acre but they were leading them away as I was baling.
We had more bales after first cut than we did altogether last year so as you say these bales are a bonus, and should see us through winter.

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20190825_006.jpg

WP_20190825_005.jpg

Nice morning here today doing the rounds and every other day filling the water tanks down the marsh and no cattle harassing me as they were under a tree and had not seen me, the one the pipe is in is a big trough and holds about 280 gallons to my calculations so was a good buy at a collective sale and made really well to boot not like the modern ones, Buzzer