Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

H.R.S. Expect that was just a family snap,1 or 2 have had the silicon valley treatment ,however a Christmas treats or treats, no exploitation of the female form,more than happy to pose.
Is Andrews latest snap on the way to freijus ,nr where the winter olympics were held.pdb.

Hi Guys
Mr Who here, still around and finding these post both interesting and entertaining.
The photo of the new ten driver line up for 2019 will be a truck spotters dream, I found Chip and Andrew in the foreground,but I’ve never seen Rodger wearing so many clothes and I don’t recognise him from that line up. :grimacing:

Wishing all the old ■■■■■ a special new year, health and wealth to all of you.
To the Boss, John and the Boys, and there extended families a successful and Happy New Year.
Paul Who. Still as slim as I was in the 90’s.

Hi All.
Looking at the shot of “Snapper at rest” there is a “Nobby Dent” rig in the back ground, I thought they whent bust years ago ? or was that just in the UK ■■ Harvey

HRS:
Hi All.
Looking at the shot of “Snapper at rest” there is a “Nobby Dent” rig in the back ground, I thought they whent bust years ago ? or was that just in the UK ■■ Harvey

Harvey I think what happened to them they got so big that someone else bought them out, remember being told by Saviem RIP that Knobby’s dad was given the job of overseeing the purchases of new equipment for the group, about ten new units a week at its peek and he reckoned it was just one long party for him being entertained as it were pretty much non stop, bet you never had that when you were selling trucks, Buzzer.

PS. someone will know what happened to them.

xpo logistics bought them out. this side of the channel as far as I know.

I thought that when I saw the photo which I don’t think is current, Snapper drives R11, that’s R44 in the photo, All the ND group was taken over by XPO , I don’t believe ND went bust but sold out and Norbert, Therese and the Letard brothers retired.

May I take this opportunity to bid every one on this thread contributors and readers alike a very Happy New Year, keep posting and reading in 2019, Buzzer

rusty-tractor-1633944_960_720.jpg

Buzzer:
May I take this opportunity to bid every one on this thread contributors and readers alike a very Happy New Year, keep posting and reading in 2019, Buzzer

I reckon you’ve just parked it up Buzzer and took the shot !! Anon 1.

Morning Buzzer

Wishing you and all the contributors to this thread a happy new year, and a prosperous 2019… er that last bit probably doesn’t apply to us trying to mek a living farming.

All the best Wrighty.

wrighty:
Morning Buzzer

Wishing you and all the contributors to this thread a happy new year, and a prosperous 2019… er that last bit probably doesn’t apply to us trying to mek a living farming.

All the best Wrighty.

Hey up Wrighty dont remember seeing a report on your tup sales or was to dismal to report, Buzzer.

Buzzer:

wrighty:
Morning Buzzer

All the best Wrighty.

Hey up Wrighty dont remember seeing a report on your tup sales or was to dismal to report, Buzzer.

Morning Buzzer

Yes like most of us up ere involved with selling pedigree sheep it was a dismal year, the very dry summer meant the buyers down country didn’t have the grass or feed so the mule gimmer prices were down and this had a knock on effect on the tup sales. So yes we didn’t fare too well, although we did mange to sell them all which was a bonus.
Should of been back at work this morning but helping Alice carry a badly yow my back gave way, never known pain like it so don’t know when i’ll be back driving, hopefully not too long as i’m going stir crazy as it is…

Cheers Wrighty.

[/quote]
Harvey I think what happened to them they got so big that someone else bought them out, remember being told by Saviem RIP that Knobby’s dad was given the job of overseeing the purchases of new equipment for the group, about ten new units a week at its peek and he reckoned it was just one long party for him being entertained as it were pretty much non stop, bet you never had that when you were selling trucks, Buzzer.

Your right there John, However, regarding entertainment, There were many customers who wanted to wet the babys head on delivery. Customer is allways right so we just had to get on with it. Remember Eric P and I in London on one occation having taken two tippers up and I stayed over in one of there homes and Eric got the train to Southampton, woke up by a guard in the morning sleeping in the lugage rack in first class.
Problem was it was in Weymouth. I was at work before him in the morning, very strange days. Harvey

While collecting the eggs this morning I chanced on a hen about to pop one out and managed to catch the event on my phone, she’s a red ring so 18mo near the end of her laying life with me and will be going to pastures new, cheers Buzzer

Dingwall a couple of hours ago, nice load of fodder heading for the Outer Hebrides.
Oily

Tidy looking load there Oily and the small bales look nice and green too, done my fare share of that job in the past but all big bales for me nowadays. Wrighty has put his back out so hope your getting well again mate, your a bit like me you need to be doing summit all the time, no doubt you will report in soon, cheers Buzzer.

Yes that is me on the left in the picture some 50 years ago, don’t know why the two were dressed as women but we had mad parties back then, get a load of those sideburns JD.

Evening Buzzer

The back seems to be getting better slowly but it’s going to seem like a long week ahead, can put mi own socks on now so the jobs looking up.
Got our yows scanned at home yesterday and came out at 188% so very pleased with that, lambing time will soon be upon us but a least the nights will be drawing out…
Took my unit and trailer for inspection before Christmas and discovered a broken shock absorber, not good for a 7 month old trailer but it seems the shocker may be partially seized.

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20181202_016.jpg

WP_20181220_008.jpg

wrighty:
Evening Buzzer

The back seems to be getting better slowly but it’s going to seem like a long week ahead, can put mi own socks on now so the jobs looking up.
Got our yows scanned at home yesterday and came out at 188% so very pleased with that, lambing time will soon be upon us but a least the nights will be drawing out…
Took my unit and trailer for inspection before Christmas and discovered a broken shock absorber, not good for a 7 month old trailer but it seems the shocker may be partially seized.

Cheers Wrighty.

Hiya Wrighty I did my back right at the bottom on the Friday before Christmas shovelling some stone ,11 yrs since I was this bad ,couldn’t do my own boots or socks ,couldn’t stand up with out being pulled up ,yesterday I went to the chiropractor,the girl massaged me then the doctor snapped me and cracked me like he was trying to kill me :blush: ,after I felt 10 times better ,going again next week ,best of luck m8 :smiley:

Punchy Dan:

wrighty:
Evening Buzzer

Cheers Wrighty.

Hiya Wrighty I did my back right at the bottom on the Friday before Christmas shovelling some stone ,11 yrs since I was this bad ,couldn’t do my own boots or socks ,couldn’t stand up with out being pulled up ,yesterday I went to the chiropractor,the girl massaged me then the doctor snapped me and cracked me like he was trying to kill me :blush: ,after I felt 10 times better ,going again next week ,best of luck m8 :smiley:

I do believe it’s called “Glass Backitus” Dan’l and you can get tablets for it at Asdas ! Happy New year to you and yours ! Denz’l.

Punchy Dan:

wrighty:
Evening Buzzer

Cheers Wrighty.

Morning Dan

Yes I know how you feel never known pain like it but hopefully it’s on the mend, presumably Dennis has read about “glass backitus” and not suffered from it as it it something you get when you “work” :wink:

Cheers Wrighty.