Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

How did that work Dennis? Were you subcontracting to Wincanton under the contract or working outside it?

John.

John West:
How did that work Dennis? Were you subcontracting to Wincanton under the contract or working outside it?

John.

Wash your mouth out with soapy water John !! We won the contract via the tendering process when the Wincanton contract came to an end. It was a three year contract and we were the prime contractor. Sub contract to Wincanton ? now come on JW ! Wincanton ballsed the job up and got shown “the door”. Cheers Dennis.

Morning Buzzer

Well it’s finally drying up ere and were getting on with the spring jobs, as well as spreading muck in places we haven’t been able to get too for a while. Got some fertiliser on and nearly finished lambing which Alice will be glad to see an end to, most of our lambing problems were weather related but as you know lambing never seems to run smoothly, we had a bit of rain last night and looking out of the window were going to get some more.
Busy at work been moving a bit of plant around this week with a trip up to the Scotplant show at Ingliston, my new Nooteboom trailer arrived this week but haven’t used it yet but will post some pics later with it’s first load on.

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20180419_002.jpg

WP_20180418_001.jpg

WP_20180416_001.jpg

Good to be able to get a bit of ground work underway Wrighty even though its a late start this year, had me fert put on yesterday afternoon and what a good bit of timing as it rained hard last night with thunder and lightning as well so will wash that in a treat. Filled up the water bowser today and took down to the Council summer grazing ready for the big turn out next week, with this sun now you can almost see the grass growing and the steers cant wait to go out which is so pleasing to watch as well.
Washed off my Avant loader and loaded her up ready for a trip to Glastonbury tomorrow where i am hoping to strike a deal on an upgrade for a machine that will have a greater lift capacity so we shall see how that goes. Then to Salisbury Tuesday to see whats on offer and try and secure more stock, well thats the update boys cheers Buzzer.

Home empty from Salisbury as nothing of real interest for me there today. Unfortunate to have had a visit from Basil Brush last night just as I was about to shut the chooks up, they were making one hell of a commotion but one has gone for sure judging by the feathers so tonight we stood in a vigil with two guns at the ready but an hour and a half and no show but if it is a vixen with cubs for sure it will return which will be a shame as have had no bother for four years. Set me fox trap tonight so you never know we may get lucky and catch the devil, suspect the egg production will drop of a bit to boot.
Yesterday I had a deal on a chop for a bigger Avant loader so quite pleased with that, got me pipe man coming tomorrow to put on the quick fit ends to the muck grab and bale sqweeze for faster changes, cheers Buzzer.

Morning John, you sure it’s a fox ? Harvey

HRS:
Morning John, you sure it’s a fox ? Harvey

Never sure Harvey but sat for an hour for the last two nights with a gun till dusk but no show as of yet and got a cage trap set as well, just when you think you are in the clear they strike again so just taking precautions mate, cheers Buzzer.

Hoo rah! the spuds are planted, managed to rotovate the muck in and get em in, the ground is still a bit claggy but it is three weeks behind last year so hope they catch up. The Runner & French climbing beans have poked there heads out the pots in the greenhouse so they wont be far behind so lets get on.
Frome tomorrow taking a load of stores down for a mate and see whats about, hope to turn out this week on to grass cant wait, cheers Buzzer.

Nice to get her clean again lol
4D178CEA-BCFA-4362-9B4F-756DCE752883.jpeg

A pretty full Tracy Island one Saturday afternoon
36C09152-BBCF-4FC5-84A4-710639228A23.jpeg

Just me left on Sunday but only until break over & off I went too
2DBDADF1-BB5A-46CF-95B5-3731745305E8.jpeg
8A0B25D4-D798-4600-88A8-CA1E3502000C.jpeg

Tipping up in Corby & they got this ol Foden shunter looks like it could still do a run if need be!!
3D603792-F250-4970-942E-427E6FD4FBE5.jpeg
53B8E54B-5778-43AD-B2BA-D52679F980C0.jpeg

Pony gotta be fed 700l of your finest please
3533E25D-2131-47FD-B42A-DD66699AF2ED.jpeg

Schnitzel o’Clock for me
B94D527A-E266-49CD-93A8-99850268A0C8.jpeg

Last bit of groupage on security tape made me chuckle “don’t even think about it”
6A95F881-FE08-4424-9293-59063C25521B.jpeg

Buzzer you must have a regular job New Milton,Christchurch way as seen another one of yours there
on Thursday. Saw one on the same road about 2 weeks ago,looked tidy. :wink:

DEANB:
Buzzer you must have a regular job New Milton,Christchurch way as seen another one of yours there
on Thursday. Saw one on the same road about 2 weeks ago,looked tidy. :wink:

Dean every job is regular till some ■■■■ cuts ur throat to do the job you know what I mean, cheers Buzzer.

Saw this and I can relate too it as I am sure many who drove trucks for a living can, too much sitting down with no exercise and eating the wrong food all the time, smoking as well which I now do not after 42 years but stopped ten years ago and don’t miss it at all, cheers Buzzer.

Afternoon Buzzer,
Great pic, who would be honest enough to say which one is them ■■?
However, in my pic, I know which one is me !!! Cheers, Harvey

Evening Buzzer

A busy week up ere on the farming front, fertiliser on and most of the backlog of muck spread and we’ve nearly finished lambing. Not all plain sailing though as we had a difficult calving on Thursday night, a stonking bull calf but unfortunately the cow has not been able to stand up since so we have been using our harness to lift her up and let her calf suckle.
Time will tell wether she will stand but it’s not looking too hopeful, a busy week at work off to carlisle in the morning then Castle Douglas and the Borders so should keep us busy…

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20180426_002.jpg

WP_20180425_007.jpg

WP_20180424_002.jpg

WP_20180428_002.jpg

WP_20180428_001.jpg