Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Bewick:

wrighty:
Woah calm down lads, although you can’t see it there are two chains on the front axle pulling it into the trailer neck and one on the back through the pick up hitch. Took it up the A702 to Haddington this morning and it didn’t move. Loaded telehandlers at Stirling this afternoon for Selby int morning then off to load straw…

Cheers Wrighty.

You knock all them barriers down Wrighty ? We were just concerned for your Licence Mate :wink: can’t have you havin’ to go back to SJB on tank washing can we, now that wouldn’t make for interesting daily posts now would it ? ! :blush: Gan canny ! Cheers Bewick.

Had to knock em down Dennis as they were spoiling mi photo :cry: , I have done my time at SJB and won’t be going back anytime soon…the place is now run by suits and not very competent ones.

My apologies there Wrighty - I’ll let you get goin now that we know you’ve got the big lump chained down good 'n proper. Now, if only I could find me specs…

kmills:
My apologies there Wrighty - I’ll let you get goin now that we know you’ve got the big lump chained down good 'n proper. Now, if only I could find me specs…

Nay there’s no apology needed Kmills I should of posted a clearer pic of the chains, talking of specs it’s on mi to do list to have my eye’s tested as it’s getting hard work reading especially in bad light…

Cheers Wrighty.

Used to load JCB’s all the time from Rocester on flats, just used to put one rope barrel hitch on each wheel, then we progressed to a barrel hitch with straps…

scan0014%20(1)[1].jpg

In the early 80’s we pulled countless SCAC trailers out of the docks in Portsmouth loaded with Poclain excavators wheeled and tracked destination for Hook in Hampshire and these were restrained with poky little chains with winders, bearing in mind we used to go up the Meon Valley with these loads which was quite twisty and narrow in places considering some of these machines were overhanging the trailer sides. Used to do four trips on a good day with an F86 without mishap but often thought it was not enough lashing but that’s the Frogs for you. The roped loads of ATO chem that came over were never tied with a dolly as we would do, always a pigs ear and rendered the rope useless thereafter as you could not get the knots out, just MH memories now Buzzer.

So Buzzer it was your Motors that used to cause havoc at

the Butts bridge in Alton. Also according to the records no

toll was ever paid. It was always" I’ll pay on the way back."

No wonder I’m so hard up and having to use the food bank!

Ah well. Mustn’t grumble eh? Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

charlie one:
So Buzzer it was your Motors that used to cause havoc at

the Butts bridge in Alton. Also according to the records no

toll was ever paid. It was always" I’ll pay on the way back."

No wonder I’m so hard up and having to use the food bank!

Ah well. Mustn’t grumble eh? Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

That’s wot them thar shallots were for Charlie payment in lew, ave you finished em up yet ? Buzzer.

Ah I remember now. Not quite Buzzer. I’ve got about five left.

I’m having em for tea with a nice piece of Stilton. I’ve really enjoyed

eating em. Many thanks again. Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

Got me rear in gear this morning did all the cattle duties before the rain came yet again, then off on me rounds to Greggs first then to get the chicken feed then the fruit & veg, also purchased a new pair of wellies essential with all this wet weather and the olduns sprung a leak and cant abear wet feet, these new ones have straps you can tighten at the top so that should stop the straw getting in and save me a rollicking from the Boss for bringing it in on the carpet.
Below is a picture from a few moons ago of Roger ( Wu Wa ) and Chipodopulus recently reunited after quite along time apart, both old school drivers who know how to Gel On when necessary so much easier to work with rather than wingers, cheers Buzzer.

Aye Buzzer but I’ve been told by some of them Lads from up Wrighty’s way ( Hawes) that the sheep’s back legs can be fastened into those straps on those fancy Wellies Ooh! Er ! Have you been buying some sheep by any chance Buzzer ? Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:
Aye Buzzer but I’ve been told by some of them Lads from up Wrighty’s way ( Hawes) that the sheep’s back legs can be fastened into those straps on those fancy Wellies Ooh! Er ! Have you been buying some sheep by any chance Buzzer ? Cheers Dennis.

Dennis beware of throwing assertions at Wrighty anyway my old defribulator don’t get the use it once did but quite happy with the way things are too old to go chasing sheep round a paddock and knowing my luck i’de catch a ram, by the way this aint the Boss Dennis, just count the rope turns till your dinner turns up, cheers Buzzer.

20688972_481866502184661_7163895923766984704_n.gif

What a lovely view across the water. Pity that woman is in the way. Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

charlie one:
What a lovely view across the water. Pity that woman is in the way. Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

What woman?? Isn’t the sea a nice blue?

God, at least you two pass the test calling her a woman, some chap on here will think its a farm boy :open_mouth: Harvey

She was my personal trainer Harvey but I just could not concentrate so she had to go. First part of the TB test today with 51 steers to be done the younger ones first of which one or two went lupey in the crush but the older ones just fine, they are booked into the first Candlemas fair sale in Frome on Friday subject to passing that is so half go Thursday and overnight the rest on Friday and with over 1200 head there should bring the punters from far and wide, Cheers Buzzer.

You are a terrible man Buzzer ! send a bloke blind watching/ looking at that nice view of the blue sea ! :sunglasses: Is it OK if I chance one eye ? :slight_smile: :wink:
Regarding chasing sheep around a paddock ! waste of energy mate ! These Lads up our way ( from the Dales) just stand at what is called a Hog 'ole which is a tunnel through a dry stone wall for the sheep to pass between fields when required, Wrighty will put you right on this aspect of sheep shagging as there will be a good number of Hog 'oles around his way :blush: I know all about this, not from personal experience you understand :wink: , but many years ago in the 70’s we had a young driver who we nicknamed “The Youth”, he was a farmers son from Grayrigg a right uncontrollable 'andful IIRC and it was him that told us about the Hogg 'Ole dodge :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Cheers Dennis.

And there was me thinking that you lot Tup North just placed the sheep on a cliffs edge so they pushed back :smiley:

Buzzer:
She was my personal trainer Harvey but I just could not concentrate so she had to go. First part of the TB test today with 51 steers to be done the younger ones first of which one or two went lupey in the crush but the older ones just fine, they are booked into the first Candlemas fair sale in Frome on Friday subject to passing that is so half go Thursday and overnight the rest on Friday and with over 1200 head there should bring the punters from far and wide, Cheers Buzzer.

Some nice pics on here recently Buzzer ! :laughing: :laughing:

With regard to the auction,can you put a reserve on the cows or is it just pot luck ■■?

Hi Dean as with most auctions you can put a reserve on cattle but not normal unless its pedigree stock like well bred cows or bulls.

Took this off FB but still looks the muts nuts, it worked when we restored it and always got a lot of attention where ever it went all over Europe earning its corn, VTA came from Cornwall off a young scrap dealer and boy was he hard to have a deal with but we got there in the end, my advice buy one that’s already preserved as the money can run away with you and is not cheap to do, think the guy who owns this now has more of the same so good on him, Cheers Buzzer.

27067528_2301049099920810_6766530648687050712_n.jpg