Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

DEANB:

Buzzer:
Had the pleasure of bumping into Ian Lawson today at MC Truck & Bus at Nursling Southampton and I bet there are a few on here can remember when Ian had it new, this one owner/driver truck has covered an amazing 4.6 million miles in his ownership. Sitting in it as I was invited to do today certainly brought back memories of the good old days, Ian is a non smoker and this truck is immaculate still earning its corn working for the MOD, it still goes as far as Norway as part of its work. The original Volvo passport is in its holder in the door. Ian who is 82 and has no need for glasses to drive said the truck will be up for sale soon as the yard where he parks up has been sold, a chance for someone to own a pretty special truck, cheers Buzzer.

The F12 looks in mint condition considering its age. The cab looks immaculate,and i cant see any
sign of rust. I wonder how many engine rebuilds and cab resprays its had to still look that good. A credit
to Ian Lawson and i would imagine there will be a que of people looking to buy that motor when he does
sell it.

Nice to see the cows back Buzzer ! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Dean that Ian told me that F12 has the original clutch which is amazing, the cab was a replacement in about 1991 as the MOD wrote it off while unloading equipment and had it slung wrong, it should have had the old flat cab but was replaced with the newer shape. We had a sister motor WHO 498V but that was LHD but a good motor all the same, Buzzer.

Hospital today now signed off so no more fighting the traffic to get there, Peeing down again when will it stop so made another batch of strawberry jam so got quite a nice little stock at the moment plus a lady who has eggs from me who I have given several pots to returned the favour with her Seville marmalade which is excellent quality. Walked the dog in the rain to save the Boss a job and walked me field which is on gravel but still very wet, the water just cant get away so roll on the spring, Buzzer.

It is great to hear you are on the mend Buzzer, perhaps we can get back to some normality now.
You have taken up enough of the NHS time which is precious, and you have had the best nursing in the world.
Now lets get back to farming the old fashioned way.

Regards

Me

Buzzer:
Hospital today now signed off so no more fighting the traffic to get there, Peeing down again when will it stop so made another batch of strawberry jam so got quite a nice little stock at the moment plus a lady who has eggs from me who I have given several pots to returned the favour with her Seville marmalade which is excellent quality. Walked the dog in the rain to save the Boss a job and walked me field which is on gravel but still very wet, the water just cant get away so roll on the spring, Buzzer.

Evening Buzzer

We know just how you feel except up ere it’s most of the time…!, our land is just a bog at the moment a combination of heavy rain and melting snow it’s even too wet to take silage to the sheep. Waterproofs are put on in October and will be taken off hopefully around April, Blowing a gale tonight with occasional hail showers.
Scotland bound tomorrow with a 336hp Deutz a fair old lump, not much chance of it travelling up ere, where is Baldrick with the fine weather haven’t heard much from him recently hopefully he’s fit and well…

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20180124_006.jpg

WP_20180123_001.jpg

Evening all…
Has Buzzer confiscated Snappers camera ?.. :open_mouth:

Ringrose:
Evening all…
Has Buzzer confiscated Snappers camera ?.. :open_mouth:

Too busy stuffing his face mate, Buzzer.

Good morning all,
Just think, If he had answered my posting about the Tucker family I would never had posted this !!! Harvey

JD drive by.jpg

wrighty:

Buzzer:

Evening Buzzer

We know just how you feel except up ere it’s most of the time…!, our land is just a bog at the moment a combination of heavy rain and melting snow it’s even too wet to take silage to the sheep. Waterproofs are put on in October and will be taken off hopefully around April, Blowing a gale tonight with occasional hail showers.
Scotland bound tomorrow with a 336hp Deutz a fair old lump, not much chance of it travelling up ere, where is Baldrick with the fine weather haven’t heard much from him recently hopefully he’s fit and well…

Cheers Wrighty.

Weighs about 15t eh?,and you’ve got a strap around it - what ever happened to chains?

HRS:
Good morning all,
Just think, If he had answered my posting about the Tucker family I would never had posted this !!! Harvey

I didn’t realise there was a Big Macs so close to Buzzer’s abode ! :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

kmills:

wrighty:

Buzzer:

Evening Buzzer

Cheers Wrighty.

Weighs about 15t eh?,and you’ve got a strap around it - what ever happened to chains?

Far be it for me to criticize :wink: but that is exactly what I was thinking, unless of course Wrighty was just in the middle of securing the beast and he was going to apply further “restraints” ? But it certainly appears to require more straps, I wouldn’t kick off with just that odd, not very well placed ■■■■■■■■. Just an observation by a long retired old -ucker. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

kmills:
…Weighs about 15t eh?,and you’ve got a strap around it - what ever happened to chains?..

There is a chain. Behind the rear wheel and down to the bed. Looks like it has been chained mid rear axle.

bullitt:

kmills:
…Weighs about 15t eh?,and you’ve got a strap around it - what ever happened to chains?..

There is a chain. Behind the rear wheel and down to the bed. Looks like it has been chained mid rear axle.

Specsavers for you Bullitt that is the other end of the strap and if you look hard you will see its another trailer parked next to it, just in case it falls off I suppose, Buzzer.

:laughing: :laughing: …I just checked again. That is definitely a chain, coming out from behind the rear wheel at about 4`o clock. Looks like it is coming from the rear axle of the tractor and heading down to what I presume is just above the centre rear axle of the trailer. Click on the photo, enlarge it up!

Hi all nothing wrong with one strap we used to load renault trators back from france we would load 3 and just 1 strap round the back wheels the same as wrighty also used to load 2 or 3 john deer out of hull same again only 1 strap round the back one.too heavy to fall off. :stuck_out_tongue:

bullitt:

:laughing: :laughing: …I just checked again. That is definitely a chain, coming out from behind the rear wheel at about 4`o clock. Looks like it is coming from the rear axle of the tractor and heading down to what I presume is just above the centre rear axle of the trailer. Click on the photo, enlarge it up!

Beg ur pudding Bullitt there is a chain but I have no doubt that driver Wrighty will put us all Wrighty, booked for specsavers 2moz cheers Buzzer.

Buzzer:

bullitt:

Beg ur pudding Bullitt there is a chain but I have no doubt that driver Wrighty will put us all Wrighty, booked for specsavers 2moz cheers Buzzer.

Used to load tractors in Basildon in mr heliwells walking floor for Solon docks no where to tie down just shut the doors and go never had one move

One or two to chew over.
Oily

Farm Richard 37584058976_744cf42b52rs _k.jpg

Farm Richard 37743481516_0b4a897c0e_rs k.jpg

Farm Richard 37743464696_94e52c4d6d_rs k.jpg

Woah calm down lads, although you can’t see it there are two chains on the front axle pulling it into the trailer neck and one on the back through the pick up hitch. Took it up the A702 to Haddington this morning and it didn’t move. Loaded telehandlers at Stirling this afternoon for Selby int morning then off to load straw…

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20180125_005.jpg

WP_20180124_007.jpg

wrighty:
Woah calm down lads, although you can’t see it there are two chains on the front axle pulling it into the trailer neck and one on the back through the pick up hitch. Took it up the A702 to Haddington this morning and it didn’t move. Loaded telehandlers at Stirling this afternoon for Selby int morning then off to load straw…

Cheers Wrighty.

You knock all them barriers down Wrighty ? We were just concerned for your Licence Mate :wink: can’t have you havin’ to go back to SJB on tank washing can we, now that wouldn’t make for interesting daily posts now would it ? ! :blush: Gan canny ! Cheers Bewick.

Don’t take any notice of em Wrighty. Most of them are now too old

to climb in the cab. Never mind chaining a machine down. You notice

that I made no comment. Mainly because I’m short sighted. But mostly

because I’m a really nice guy! And don’t believe in criticism. Shows a low

interlect You just carry on being the nice man you are. Must go now. It’s

time for my medication. Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing: