Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Gerbil you heard right if you need a weekend break you have to have it out of the truck and go into a hostilary of some sort.
Today I had me fertilizer put on plus a bit on the home paddock with some ryegrass seed mixed in, then I harrowed it in and rolled it so need a shower or three to get it going, cheers Buzzer.
PS. see snapper Morrison is back at PTM so Dixon’s could not have been all that good, rolling stone and all that sorry Andrew could not resist, JD.

Buzzer:
Gerbil you heard right if you need a weekend break you have to have it out of the truck and go into a hostilary of some sort.
Today I had me fertilizer put on plus a bit on the home paddock with some ryegrass seed mixed in, then I harrowed it in and rolled it so need a shower or three to get it going, cheers Buzzer.
PS. see snapper Morrison is back at PTM so Dixon’s could not have been all that good, rolling stone and all that sorry Andrew could not resist, JD.

That AM is doing the rounds how long until he’s back at DIT ?

robthedog:

Buzzer:

That AM is doing the rounds how long until he’s back at DIT ?

I was thinking that myself.from what I’ve read seem’s a good driver but where do you draw the line . none of my business just saying and no malice intended.

MAN rules we call it magic roundabout here, the grass is always greener they say but is it really ?.
Frome Market today and bought five more sim X steers making my 20 I wanted, cant wait to get em turned out only April to go and then they are out. On Sunday we are going to blitz the veg plot and get all the bean fences up and plant all the spuds and the beet root, have two helpers and the Boss so we should crack it, Buzzer.

Spring was definitely here today which started at 7am walking the dog round the block as the Boss was not well, got some sort of flu bug. Today with the help of two of my friends we hit the veg plot with a vengeance, the chicken have done a good job de weeding over the last couple of months but loads of stones to the surface so we cleared these first but with three pairs of hands we made light work of that job, then in with the rotorvator and did the tilth come up helped by the sun, got in four rows of spuds and one of beet root and made ready for the beans getting the fence in order. We did have a couple of breaks but a good six hours work completed the job, one more row of beet to go in and I have to plant the bean seeds in pots this week to go in the greenhouse to start them off, all in all a tiring but pleasing day all round Buzzer.

Photo0668.jpg

Look what was lurking in the corner of the yard when I visited today, they did try and hide it though, Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Look what was lurking in the corner of the yard when I visited today, they did try and hide it though, Buzzer.

How is it that a truck can look embarrassed?

John

Buzzer:

Hi all yes back on Ptm having an unsettled year must be going through the male menapause lol
Nothing wrong with Dixons good company to work for but Pete made me an offer I couldn’t refuse as for going back to Davies’s never say never lol
Regards Andrew (snapper)

Crikey Andrew for a minute I thought you’d joined the green death! All well then?

Short Walk that’s a good name for that outfit.
Farming news, went to Frome Market first ever pig auction today and got four beauties with bums like Dawn French and shoulders just as big, could not touch the pigs in Salisbury yesterday so went further afield today.
Then on the way home went and bought a 13/23 merc sleeper truck with 23 ft cattle body on complete with sheep decks, old but a retirement sale so genuine all pictures to follow as no time today for snapping, Buzzer.

I was offered a job with them in 98/99?. turned it down flat, lovely kit very very poor money.

This was an acquisition made this week a Stuttgart hill stopper 13/23 is 13.5 ton gross with Williams 23 ft cattle body which the chap cut down from an artic container. he has run it commercially for six years and its got sheep decks summit I don’t think I will be using. Genuine retirement sale as his operators licence was due for renewal and at 70 he wanted out and just using a trailer for what he has to do now. Had a 230 Merc in the past and that ran like a sewing machine so hope this does the same, Buzzer.

Evening Buzzer

It’s been a very busy couple of weeks up ere lambing but there is light at the end of the tunnel now,about 100 left to lamb and this weather is spot on (thanks Baldrick). Did my last day today for S J Bargh and then went and put my gear in the new motor for a start on Monday, a double manning trip up Scotland four drops of various machinery and then load a combine out of Turrif for Portbury docks more pics to follow…

Cheers Wrighty.

Lets try and get it the right way up looks better now, thought you been busy mate as you aint been on here. Bet you had a hell of a send of from Bargh’s and a nice little bonus eh but if you give notice and leave right you can always ask for your job back if it does not work out at the new place, tidy bit of kit though, Buzzer

Yeh been quiet lately as the tinterweb has been slow, and I dropped my phone whilst injecting a lamb smashing the screen. So sorted now thankfully, the merc looks a tidy motor should do your job well.

Cheers Wrighty.

you loading out of hrn depot at turriff wrighty?

wrighty:
Evening Buzzer

It’s been a very busy couple of weeks up ere lambing but there is light at the end of the tunnel now,about 100 left to lamb and this weather is spot on (thanks Baldrick). Did my last day today for S J Bargh and then went and put my gear in the new motor for a start on Monday, a double manning trip up Scotland four drops of various machinery and then load a combine out of Turrif for Portbury docks more pics to follow…

Cheers Wrighty.

Is that Gary’s old motor?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

scotstrucker:

Not sure Scotstrucker double manning with my mate Big Gav who’s showing me the ropes, so we will report more as the week goes on.

Yes Happysack it’s Gary’s old motor now he’s gone on the logs, credit to Gary it’s like a new motor first worked with him when he was yard man at S J Bargh before he got his licence.

Cheers Wrighty.

wrighty:

scotstrucker:

Not sure Scotstrucker double manning with my mate Big Gav who’s showing me the ropes, so we will report more as the week goes on.

Yes Happysack it’s Gary’s old motor now he’s gone on the logs, credit to Gary it’s like a new motor first worked with him when he was yard man at S J Bargh before he got his licence.

Cheers Wrighty.

Thought it would be immaculate! It goes well too [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Todays farming report, after cleaning out and washing down which I do both ends of the day the swine get fed, the walking sausages have been here a week now and settled in to the routine they do love a spud as well and have been having all the Charlotte seed ones I saved from last year that I did not use so no waste here, they are great dustbins and do not leave much at all. Note the shape of there back ends and shoulders come to that very pronounced bit like a Belgian Blue steer and I have never had pigs like it before, don’t know what breeding they are but look like they will kill out well, Buzzer.