Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

mappo:
Buzzer, if you offered me £50 an hour for 4 hours a day which includes an hour
for lunch and 2 half hour tea breaks I might consider your kind offer… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Oh forgot to mention, it’s gotta be cash in hand. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

You obviously aint changed much since you left DIT but ime not worried by your demands as in the loft there are at least three old monopoly sets with all the money still intact so your rewards will be met in full Buzzer.

A young Horry, took us an hour to line them up straight with a rope and an old broom handle Buzzer.

Buzzer:
A young Horry, took us an hour to line them up straight with a rope and an old broom handle Buzzer.

He ain’t changed much Buzzer !! :laughing: :laughing:
R Jimmer

Thanks Jimmer! That was 18 years ago now
Lost a bit on top since mind. 1st lot of ‘XL’ cabs
Aug 1996.

Sad I know but here goes, still got me memory!

P22 John Eaton
P33 Shirley
P44 Paul Who
P55 Jock
P66 Walter
P77 Silly Keith

See you soon…

Amazes me that Horry can remember nearly every driver we ever employed, what truck they drove and where they came from. Me I cant remember what I had for dinner yesterday but that’s cos ime old like Charlie, Buzzer

Buzzer:
Amazes me that Horry can remember nearly every driver we ever employed, what truck they drove and where they came from. Me I cant remember what I had for dinner yesterday but that’s cos ime old like Charlie, Buzzer

Funny you should say that Buzzer. I can remember what I did when I was five. However I can’t remember what I did at five today. Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

charlie one:

Buzzer:

Funny you should say that Buzzer. I can remember what I did when I was five. However I can’t remember what I did at five today. Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

Bet you were picking up spuds into sacks for the war effort with spitfires overhead when you were five, talking of sacks I was still in me old mans as you are a tad older than me, certainly looks that way Buzzer.

Buzzer:

charlie one:

Buzzer:

Bet you were picking up spuds into sacks for the war effort with spitfires overhead when you were five, talking of sacks I was still in me old mans as you are a tad older than me, certainly looks that way Buzzer.

Don’t get me started about the war Buzzer.We used to get an extra week off school to go spud picking. 6 old pennies a bushel. Swing that lamp and I’ll tell you a story! Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

Buzzer:

charlie one:

Buzzer:

John,

Mappo always told me he was a rear gunner in a Spitfire during the war ! :unamused:

Regards
Richard

MaggieD:

Buzzer:

charlie one:

Buzzer:

John,

Mappo always told me he was a rear gunner in a Spitfire during the war ! :unamused:

Regards
Richard

Yes I knew that Richard but he first flew in a tiger moth doing observations and photographic work over France during the first world war that’s when he first got a taste for international work and the rest they say is history, don’t know if he got any medals Buzzer.

Well as you know I’m a lot older than most of you.In fact I was duty cook at the last supper. Regards Charlie. :laughing: :laughing:

Well as you know I’m a lot older than most of you.In fact I was duty cook at the last supper. Regards Charlie. :laughing: :laughing: Sorry. Shaky finger.

charlie one:
Well as you know I’m a lot older than most of you.In fact I was duty cook at the last supper. Regards Charlie. :laughing: :laughing: Sorry. Shaky finger.

Well Charlie I never knew that, what was on the menu back then and don’t come back with two loaves and three fishes crap, cheers Buzzer.

Buzzer:

charlie one:

Well Charlie I never knew that, what was on the menu back then and don’t come back with two loaves and three fishes crap, cheers Buzzer.

Buzzzer It was two loaves of bread and FIVE fishes which Charlie brought back I saw him :smiley:
cheers Johnnie

P S I was only a bairn :wink:

Johnnie you are right there were five fish but Charlie was always on the plus like with the shell card, he will be telling us he was captain of Noah’s ark in a minute, thankfully there is only one of him, cheers Buzzer.

Horry:
Thanks Jimmer! That was 18 years ago now
Lost a bit on top since mind. 1st lot of ‘XL’ cabs
Aug 1996.

Sad I know but here goes, still got me memory!

P22 John Eaton
P33 Shirley
P44 Paul Who
P55 Jock
P66 Walter
P77 Silly Keith

See you soon…

Hi Horry,
P22 I got it off Axle when he got his new DAF car . It went like a good 'un…
Hope all is well with you all over there .

Chat soon.

Con’t

P22…
First trip shipped out to Athens with a Mars load tipped Nato Road Tuesday after a Bank holiday. Patras to Brindisi - to load washing powder . Met up with BV Steve Holland there, loaded next morning and were joined by Euro superstar Tony Mapson and we ran across to Spain. Tipped south of Madrid - not far from km47 Aranjuez. Rushed off our feet - having come off the green n whites wasn’t used to this flying about malarky, :unamused: lol…

Happy days, great team from top to bottom, and lots of good fun along the way…

Best wishes
Joe C

Come off it Joe, you know full well that compared to the green n whites
Davies was a doddle… :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: though maybe not in earlier days… :unamused: :unamused:
Like you say mate, was a great place to work and a good bunch of drivers then.
Turn back the clock, and I,d do it all again.
Hope you,re keeping well Joe, you,ll have to try and make next years re union.
It would be good to see you again after all these years.

mappo:
Come off it Joe, you know full well that compared to the green n whites
Davies was a doddle… :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: though maybe not in earlier days… :unamused: :unamused:
Like you say mate, was a great place to work and a good bunch of drivers then.
Turn back the clock, and I,d do it all again.
Hope you,re keeping well Joe, you,ll have to try and make next years re union.
It would be good to see you again after all these years.

============

Mappo, Turn back the clock sounds good matey , myself and a lot besides would be in line behind you .
Will keep an eye out for next years re-union to get the place date n time etc … would be great to catch up with
everyone again, been a while . Dropped by the yard xmas time - a couple of Bournemouth - Poole guys were
getting ready to ship out so had a quick chat and left, didnt want to interupt them …

Tone keeping well here ty , had grief with a shoulder injury but getting back fit again soon be
back on the bikes. Trust you are all well, regards to Keith when next you see him .
Take care Shag chat soon …

:smiley:

Papa Numpty:

mappo:
Hi Melv, I remember you, not certain if you know me, but I,m sure you know
my younger brother Keith.
Hope all is well with you mate…take care…Tony.

Of course i remember you and keith he passed me once in spain on the way to Betera i was avin a 45 on the way to Betera when i got there he said he passed me i said yes i was reading a book he said he could not believei it i said what cos i was stopped he said no cos you can read you Take Care Tone Melv.

Hi melv it john springer from the good solsor days .l was in greece when you left so I did not get to see you but I looked after ls2 sls for 18 months the scania never let me down im sorry for your loss it must of been difficult . I also no that our mate colin berry passed away I still have his painting on my wall take a look at some of the photos ive posted if I get the time I shall post more . I still sent a card to phil darlo but I have not seen any of the lads since I left im still trucking but the crack is not the same we had the best years melv drinking in harrys bar . And the nitro bar .regards john