Companys from North Manchester in the 70's

highway_flyer:

boden:
Jameson Europa Heywood
Geoffrey reyner moved from Droylsden to Earl Mill, Dowry St Hathershaw … i drove for them before I moved to Canada

David Hall Bury

H&A Pate Bury

Howarth & Wilson Bury

Sheldon Bury

Fred Smith &Sons Bury (still going)

Geofffrey Reyner Droylsden

B&R Hauliers Salford

Parkers Bolton

Nuttalls Heywood

Nuttalls Clifton

Richard Nuttall Edenfield

F.Stringfellow Shuttleworth

■■? Burton Middleton (Tippers)

I think the wagon in front of ELK Mill is actually a Leyland

In my years on the road I worked for,nuttalls[Clifton] Haworth&wilson,sheldons bury who merged together under the ownership of harry roscoe formerly hkr haulage little lever Bolton,and parkers of Bolton happy days.
regards dave.

TIPIT:
Hiya John, This is the only photo I’ve come across of one of Broadhurst’s. I think it was a Broadhurst Atki unit heading over too Trafford Park for a trailer around 5am one summers morning, that crashed through the barrier of the flyover section of the Mancunian Way back in '89 - '91 killing the driver.

I remember that happening, It wasn’t one of Teds (Broadhurst’s) it was one of M.B.X transport of Glossop If I remember correctly the driver had a heart attack

Hi all my name is mal carbery my father drove for mckelvies in the 60s and for kaye goodfellows shis name was mac carbery also he drove for other firms one comes to mind i dont no if any one will remember it north western transport they were based at riverside dukinfield later they became known as bearset they ran bonneted mercs 1418 mercs bearset ran f86 volvos and a couple of atki borders the manager was charlie baldwin and a number of goodfellows drivers went to drive for them,they pulled out the kraft works in traffod park the steel works in irlam and turners asbestos at widnes happy days there was one driver who worked a short while for them then went on his own ken "footsie walker"does anyone remember him i think he lived in failsworth he drank in the pub opposite the pole hope to hear from you thanks mal

Hipwood & Grundy Commer (but a strange address on the door- Edmonton) I thought they only had the Farnworth yard ?.

Looking for pics of Earby Haulage–Preston Fuel & Haulage from 60/70s , did a lot of work for Smith & Nephew in those days…

Anyone remember Allens Transport they had a depot in Trafford Park I used to load back off them sometimes in the 80s, Usually Deurs Marmalade etc for delivery to various Supermarkets Etc, I new one of their drivers from the 60s Roy Charnock he used to do a bit of singing in the clubs, Regards Larry.

Photobucket killed this post :frowning:

Taken late 60s, a smart new Foden ready for the road, I noticed that the cab has phone numbers for Colyhurst and Irlam, wondering if this may have been a contract motor

Sniffy:
Taken late 60s, a smart new Foden ready for the road, I noticed that the cab has phone numbers for Colyhurst and Irlam, wondering if this may have been a contract motor

My dad drove for them out of the Irlam depot, one of the trips he used to do was Irlam to Queensferry over the new bridge and turn left . Also I,m sure he use to go to a gas works just of Regent Rd Salford still think the gas storage tanks are there

How about LINTAFOAM from WHITEFIELD they ran a fleet of Bedfords ridgids and artics all box vans for the carpets. Eddie.

If I remember the lorry that came off the man. way was some relation to Plevin transport

Bert Wolters:
Who nows names of companys that dit pulling for Frans Maas Manchester or Brownhills?

Regards, Bert Wolters

John Broad Haulage worked for FM Manchester.

mike taylor bought 594 off allens when we started too subby for them. it was my truck when he got it. crackin lorry, but the head gaskets used to go regular. it used to start chirpin like a budgie… :smiley:

moomooland:

Lawrence Dunbar:
Anyone remember Allens Transport they had a depot in Trafford Park I used to load back off them sometimes in the 80s, Usually Deurs Marmalade etc for delivery to various Supermarkets Etc, I new one of their drivers from the 60s Roy Charnock he used to do a bit of singing in the clubs, Regards Larry.

Heres a couple of Allens which may jog a few memories :smiley:

Harrison and Jones is now Rectacel running out of Sommercotes in Derbyshire. Broadhurst transport is still going Ted comes into our now and again at Carpenters [Draka Foam] Glossop

I used to load out of Massey Ferguson, Trafford Park,and Allens usually had a few motors in loading as well,their yard used to be along from the old GEC factory,now Adidas warehouse IIRC.

David :neutral_face:

Stanfield:
Hipwood & Grundy Commer (but a strange address on the door- Edmonton) I thought they only had the Farnworth yard ?.

Stanfield,
Worked out of the Hipwoods Edmonton depot for while, can’t remember the Commer though, all AEC’s or Leyland’s if I remember correctly, Greenwoods, Hercocks, J H Martins were on the same site.

Ossie

Coop soft drinks had their own fleet of vehicles based on Baytree Lane Middleton in the sixties and seventies. This is one that Foden 46 drove for a short time.

Clegg Transport ,Dodgson St, Rochdale
Rochdale Frieghter Services
J Grindrod & Son ,Littleboro
J A Leach, Littleboro

mushroomman:
Coop soft drinks had their own fleet of vehicles based on Baytree Lane Middleton in the sixties and seventies. This is one that Foden 46 drove for a short time.

Nice little earner for us at Fred Davies’ delivering the fresh oranges & grapefruit to the Co-op pop factory. I’ll say no more :wink:

Does anyone remember a general haulage firm called Garner’s ■■ they ran 4 wheeler ERF LV flats mainly I think, and were red, possibly from the Middleton area in the 80’s.