Companies from towns&villages along A65 Skipton to Kendal

malc step:

Dieselcowboy:
I’m guessing you had no luck yet Malc?

Hi Dieselcowboy,
Found just a bit out ,The colours of the cabs were orange with white bumpers,The
artic was driven when new by Cyril Bibby and he rolled it on M6 at charnock richard
when it was only afew weeks old carrying spuds or crap from Heysham Dock.
Later on they carried concrete lintels etc.out of Carnforth.I Will keep digging for
more info.
Cheers Malc.

Malc,
I was thinking about putting a letter in a local paper asking if anyone has pictures of J.M.Staveley. 1. do you think it’s worth doing? Maybe if anyone would do they would be on here? 2. If so can you recommend a paper?
Cheers.

Some good pics on here keep them coming

One from the Skipton end of the A65

Hi Folks,
Howarth Bros. Brand new freighter

Sleeper cabbed 8cyl gardner turbo and Angus foam tanker driven by Dennis Stephenson.

Cheers Malc.

Dieselcowboy:

malc step:

Dieselcowboy:
I’m guessing you had no luck yet Malc?

Malc,
I was thinking about putting a letter in a local paper asking if anyone has pictures of J.M.Staveley. 1. do you think it’s worth doing? Maybe if anyone would do they would be on here? 2. If so can you recommend a paper?
Cheers.

Hi Dieselcowboy,

Craven Herald
38 High Street
Skipton
BD23 IJU

Cheers Malc.

malc step:

Truck Traveller:
Hello Everbody,
Hope you don’t mind me posting a few photos of a vehicle belonging to DJW Haulage, based at Gallaber Farm Hellifield, just off the A65. Derek went on to own a Scania 113m (which I believe went on to belong to William Baines) and a Foden 8 Wheeler Tipper (all in the same livery).
A Dawson also operated a Livestock Transportation operation out of the same base, owner of a Scania 111, DAF3600 and DAF95 380 (Blue and Silver livery). If anybodies got any photographs of any of these vehicles, please, please get intouch (I’d love them to help me build replic models).

Hi Truck Traveller
Not the photos you want yet ,before your time!!! First one from alan bolland

In Mr Baines’s fleet,

Alan Dawson,s quality DAF CF from simon watkinson

Cheers Malc

Thank you Malc, these photos are fantastic. I’ve really enjoyed looking at all the photos on this thread. Cheers. Simon.

Hi Folks,
Cattle wagons tonight,

John Ogden Long Preston driven by Bob Walker outside his home in Hellifield.

J W Morphet Ingleton (from Rob Taylor Ingleton)

From Alan Bolland (Hellifield)

Cheers Malc.

Hello,

Alan Bolland’s Foden 6x4 ■■■■■■■ NTE 400 (450BHP - uprated pump and Injectors - pretty impressive for it’s day)

J & A Transport have certainly owned some fantastic motors.

Thanks for looking.

Simon

Truck Traveller:
Alan Bolland’s Foden 6x4 ■■■■■■■ NTE 400 (450BHP - uprated pump and Injectors - pretty impressive for it’s day
!(http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab96/TruckTraveller/AlanBolland-Foden1b.jpg[/img

Hi Truck traveller,
Looks better loaded (from allan bolland)

Cheers Malc)

It certainly does Malc,

I’m guessing that the DAF 3600 in Alan’s photo; belongs to Alan Dawson? My uncle drove for Alan now and again (moving livestock), and Alan very kindly let me tag-along. Regrettably I never got the chance to take any photo’s (given that I had to borrow a camera, and my pocket money alone won’t cover the film developing costs).

Cheers

Simon.

Hi Lads.Got these today and decided to place them on this thread to keep it going,hope thats ok.They are copyrights but I have obtain permission from NA3T (ATPH Transport Photos ) to be able to show them and can be purchased from transportphotos.com/road

JOHN

Reliably informed this afternoon that the John Ogden Commer was a regular Sunday morning visitor with three decks of sheep to the old Manchester Abbatoir on Water Street,it’s surprising what can be found out from a casual inquiry or remark with regard to this stuff.

Hi Folks,

Tarmac firm from Kendal

Skip Hire Settle

J& A.Transport Hellifield on contract to samas (from alan bolland)

Cowgill Skipton

Cheers Malc.

Who were William Baines who have the blue Scania tankers that are shown on this thread?

bill baines lives in ingleton is retired now he served his time with ernie kidd of kidds transport at melling then he took over the imperial garage in ingleton a filling station n repair n testing garage in the 60s he then started in milk haulage with a 4 wheeler leyland driven by george parrott built up to about ten artics and a new unit on the industrial estate his main passion though was n still is car dealing he used to have his own car carrier sold up in late 90s one of the nicest blokes u will ever meet

BIBS:
bill baines lives in ingleton is retired now he served his time with ernie kidd of kidds transport at melling then he took over the imperial garage in ingleton a filling station n repair n testing garage in the 60s he then started in milk haulage with a 4 wheeler leyland driven by george parrott built up to about ten artics and a new unit on the industrial estate his main passion though was n still is car dealing he used to have his own car carrier sold up in late 90s one of the nicest blokes u will ever meet

Hi Folks,
A couple of W.Baines photos

Cheers Malc.

BIBS:

thanks

HI Folks,

Morphets Ingleton

Cheers Malc

Hi Folks,
Photos from Alan Bolland Hellifield,
september 1982

december 1981

november 1982

Cheers Malc

Hello Malc,

Great Photos, I’ve never seen pictures of John Winder’s DAF tractor unit and trailer before.

As a kid I really used to enjoy visiting Gallaber Farm with my uncle during the weekends and school holidays. Derek and Alan were frequently cleaning and maintaining their tractor units and trailers in the yard.

John Winder, Derek Wolfenden and Alan Dawson were always very kind, allowing me to tag along with my uncle.

Thanks again Malc.

Here are a few scanned images of Alan Bolland’s Volvo F12, on it’s first journey to Spain in 1989.

Kind regards

Simon