Companies from towns&villages along A65 Skipton to Kendal

wasnt allan bolland from hellifield had an article in td about his new f12 about 89ish is he still about :question: :question: :question: :question:

malc step:

Dieselcowboy:
I’m guessing you had no luck yet Malc?

Hi Dieselcowboy,
Found just a bit out ,The colours of the cabs were orange with white bumpers,The
artic was driven when new by Cyril Bibby and he rolled it on M6 at charnock richard
when it was only afew weeks old carrying spuds or crap from Heysham Dock.
Later on they carried concrete lintels etc.out of Carnforth.I Will keep digging for
more info.
Cheers Malc.

thanks Malc, i always had in my memory they were red cabs, but i remember the white bumpers.

dreva:
wasnt allan bolland from hellifield had an article in td about his new f12 about 89ish is he still about :question: :question: :question: :question:

Hi Dreva,
Just a bit of info was this the motor used to be driven a bit by andrew robinson who now has Blueline Logistics
in Ingleton. Allan Bolland is/was the A in J&A from around Colne way .He now does Big Screens for Rugby matches
and Pop Shows I could find out for certain of Andrew.

Cheers Malc.

cheers mate would be intrested to know cheers malc :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hi Folks,
A few tankers which use A65 daily
S J Bargh Hellifield depot,

Harry Lawson,

Castle Cement going to Clitheroe,

Montgomery Heysham Dock parked at Ingleton

S J Bargh parked at Ingleton,

Cheers Malc.

I think most of these either come from along the A65 or if not they would have travelled along it regularly. Charles Hey has no place name on the wagon but used to run out of Ingleton . Phil Hill was from Kendal, seen here in Silverdale quarry. Naylor Myers are from Skipton I think. Newhouses from Settle (almost on the A65) and Askew have Skipton on the door, LJS also from Settle, Fairhurst from Kirkby Lonsdale, the first Constructor from Hellifield and the Second from Irvings at Hutton Roof which is not a long way from the A65 and when photographed was parked alongside the A65.

Hey Malc.The last time i saw Dennis,we where having supper at the dairy in Aspatria and he was talking about heading out,as i had just come back from New Zealand,he was talking about Canada at the time,that would have been early 90"s,it would be nice to get back in touch with him if possible.my Email address is ahaston@hotmail.com

malc step:
C’mon Malc get some more of ■■■■ & Davids on the thread you must be sat on “hundreds” Dennis.

Hi dennis,
I have got 1 or 2 but trying to get some from the younger lads who could afford cameras.
Some from Bentham today,
Henry Slingers restored wagon & drag (now sold )

Used to run fodens & ERFs but his later ones were Scanias,

Now one of Dennis"s ex star drivers ,
Chris Mitton , DAF 85 CF.

Scania & drag with jimmy mcfarlane"s restored foden (now sold)

Cheers Malc.
[/quote]
Thats an ex Bewick and wrm motor (and it is still in their livery) is that one, G895 LYA, used to be the celtech wagon, do littlefairs still have this motor, cheers stricky

Bewick:

Bewick:

malc step:
C’mon Malc get some more of ■■■■ & Davids on the thread you must be sat on “hundreds” Dennis.

Hi dennis,
I have got 1 or 2 but trying to get some from the younger lads who could afford cameras.
Some from Bentham today,
Henry Slingers restored wagon & drag (now sold )

Used to run fodens & ERFs but his later ones were Scanias,

Chris Mitton , DAF 85 CF.

Cheers Malc.

Chris must have been ashamed to pose in fron’t of his own motor after been photographed in fron’t of a Bewick tractor !!! Dennis.

I’m not 100% sure but I think one of these Scanias on the Bewick lowloader could be Chris’s tipper albeit after it had been “Butchered” as it looks to still be in what is suspiciously like WRM livery ( Iv’e washed my mouth out!) after a repaint from Bewick livery. If it is an ex Bewick it is one of a pair that came from West trucks Bristol and I recognised the LYA number plate.If it isn’t it is a close relative!!! Dennis.
[/quote]
yes dennis, it is an ex BEWICK motor is that one, it used to be the Celtech tractor unit, Littlefairs had it for a while and now it looks as though chris has it.

martsstricky1988:

Bewick:

Bewick:

malc step:

Hi dennis,

Cheers Malc.

Chris must have been ashamed to pose in fron’t of his own motor after been photographed in fron’t of a Bewick tractor !!! Dennis.

I’m not 100% sure but I think one of these Scanias on the Bewick lowloader could be Chris’s tipper albeit after it had been “Butchered” as it looks to still be in what is suspiciously like WRM livery ( Iv’e washed my mouth out!) after a repaint from Bewick livery. If it is an ex Bewick it is one of a pair that came from West trucks Bristol and I recognised the LYA number plate.If it isn’t it is a close relative!!! Dennis.

yes dennis, it is an ex BEWICK motor is that one, it used to be the Celtech tractor unit, Littlefairs had it for a while and now it looks as though chris has it.
[/quote]
Hi Stricky,

Chris sold it and is now semi retired!!! working hard driving for Solrec ( SRM) Heysham.

Cheers Malc.

martsstricky1988:

Bewick:

Bewick:

malc step:

Hi dennis,

Cheers Malc.

[/quote]
Hi Stricky,

Chris sold it and is now semi retired!!! working hard driving for Solrec ( SRM) Heysham.

Cheers Malc.

malc step:

martsstricky1988:

Bewick:

Bewick:

malc step:

Hi dennis,

Cheers Malc.

Hi Stricky,

Cheers Malc.
[/quote]
yep chris sold both motors to me the scania is now in africa :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

truckfing:
I think most of these either come from along the A65 or if not they would have travelled along it regularly. Charles Hey has no place name on the wagon but used to run out of Ingleton . Phil Hill was from Kendal, seen here in Silverdale quarry. Naylor Myers are from Skipton I think. Newhouses from Settle (almost on the A65) and Askew have Skipton on the door, LJS also from Settle, Fairhurst from Kirkby Lonsdale, the first Constructor from Hellifield and the Second from Irvings at Hutton Roof which is not a long way from the A65 and when photographed was parked alongside the A65.

Hi Truckfing,
More recent photos

Charlie Hey from Skipton/Addingham A65

Charlie following one of Blueline Ingleton settle bypass

Fairhurst parked at Ingleton

L J S Settle

Cheers Malc

yappie:

malc step:

martsstricky1988:

Bewick:

Bewick:

malc step:

Hi dennis,

Cheers Malc.

Hi Stricky,

Cheers Malc.

yep chris sold both motors to me the scania is now in africa :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
[/quote]
In africa eh, hope its taken its sunglasses and sun tan lotion then ha ha :wink: :wink: , i rekon quite a few ex bewick motors have probably embarked on a new life out there.

Hi Folks,
A few more of Bradshaws from old driver Les Ely,

Cheers Malc

Hello,

I’ve enclosed a number of pictures of wagons belonging to J & A Transport in the 1980’s/90’s. Both trucks appeared in various magazines (Foden - Trucking Class Summer 1988 + Volvo - Truck & Driver June 1989) and the photos are taken at Truck shows. The little kid spoiling the photos is me (before I lost my hair and got wrinkles) - Sorry!!!

Best wishes and kind regards

Simon

Hello Everbody,

Hope you don’t mind me posting a few photos of a vehicle belonging to Derek Wolfenden, based at Gallaber Farm Hellifield, just off the A65.

Thanks for looking.

Kind regards

Simon

I know this is stretching the thread theme a little, but here are some photo’s of Brian Garnett’s Leyand Eagle Racing Truck, who I believe was also based at Hellifield. Photo’s taken at Peterborough Truck Show (I think) - Saw him race once at Donnington. Happy days!!!

More photo’s most welcome.
Many thanks
Truck Traveller

Truck Traveller:
Hello Guys,
I’ve enclosed a number of pictures of wagons belonging to J&A Transport (Alan Bolland & John Dickinson) in the 1980’s/90’s. The trucks were frequently parked up at Hellifield Cattle Mart (sadly now a housing estate). Both trucks appeared in various magazines (Truck & Driver + Trucking International + Truckfest) and the photos are taken at Truck shows. The little kid spoiling the photos is me (before I lost my hair and got wrinkles) - Sorry!!!

Hi Truck Traveller,
Just been talking to Alan Bolland he’s lent me some photos to scan and put on.
PM me if i can give him your E-mail.

Cheers Malc.

Truck Traveller:
Hello Everbody,
Hope you don’t mind me posting a few photos of a vehicle belonging to DJW Haulage, based at Gallaber Farm Hellifield, just off the A65. Derek went on to own a Scania 113m (which I believe went on to belong to William Baines) and a Foden 8 Wheeler Tipper (all in the same livery).
A Dawson also operated a Livestock Transportation operation out of the same base, owner of a Scania 111, DAF3600 and DAF95 380 (Blue and Silver livery). If anybodies got any photographs of any of these vehicles, please, please get intouch (I’d love them to help me build replic models).

Hi Truck Traveller
Not the photos you want yet ,before your time!!! First one from alan bolland

In Mr Baines’s fleet,

Alan Dawson,s quality DAF CF from simon watkinson

Cheers Malc