Yorkshire Livestock Haulage Companies

Hi folks,

John Penny & Sons (Rawdon, Leeds) - Scania R144 530.

John Penny’s new Scania R730 tractor unit is featured in a Kelsa advertisement in this month’s Truck & Driver (December 2011) - Different colour scheme - another smart motor.

If you haven’t already seen it, I thought last month’s T&D article (November 2011) on Chris Waite’s new FH540 8x2 with tri-axle drawbar trailer was pretty interesting.

Cheers

Simon

just seen the john penny truck in decembers t&d. very smart, looking forward to seeing it out and about, but i got a feeling that V8 FGS is gunna remain my favourite r series scania, never mind just my favourite from yorkshire!! will take one awesome r series to change my mind on this one!! got some new pics, including some recent changes, but strugling to get my camera 2 behave!! cheers guys

v8 fgs 1.jpg

We’re really spoilt for choice, but I’m with you joer580, Greenwood’s Scania is pretty special! On the Volvo front; for me it’s got to be Longthorne’s FH16.

Kind regards

Simon

hi simon, great choice, i would have 2 pick longthornes volvo 2!!

Hello folks,

Ian Mosley Ltd (York) - Volvo FM (with the ideal driver’s mate)

Kind regards

Simon

Happy New Year Folks!

D & P Womersley (Oxspring, Sheffield) - Scania 124L 470

Best wishes to one and all for 2012.

Simon

Geof Dunns Sheep Taxi ` at Hawes Auction Mart , September 2011

Sorry folks , but if anyone doesnt know Geof , .. well , hes rather shy , and hid his Sheep Taxi first time around !!!
Better luck this time .
Cheers , cattle wagon man.

John Otterburn`s Scania , photographed at Bentham Auction, September 2011.

Wheel Nut:
Another Woodhead Bros and a couple from Plowmans of York.

Was Noel Sleightholm a cattle man?

kevchall images

The Daf 3600 i drove it for a few years when i got it ,it was pink so i painted white…that picture is taken from pickering truck show the first ever… :smiley: .Noel sleightholme was not into livestock just general

hi charlie paley, some good photoes on the yorkshire livestock, like the plowmans , used to see them in birkenhead fetching irish cattle.

Although our family did not operate a Ford Thames Trader , they were a popular sight on livestock haulage.
I scratchbuilt the cattle body to represent one used on my father`s Austin FE 5 tonner , new in 1959.
The body was transfered onto a Austin FF 7 tonner 18 months later , then onto a FH 7 tonner in 1964.

charliejmp , - there is a photograph of Daf 3600 , reg. no. D 43 SHH , in the livery of ARK LIVESTOCK LTD.
This is the Plowman - bodied DAF and drawbar trailer to which you refer.
Visit www.articulationpix.com I don`t want to put the photo on here and risk getting into trouble !!

hi cattle wagon man, tidy job on trader. the box you had must have done you well, like everthing look after last for ever.ITwas surprising what they would hold the 2 nd one i had was simular size and with canopy could get 100lambs on. A lad used work with us has got a austin flat bed been restored look good with box on. cheers charlie

charliemjp:
hi cattle wagon man, tidy job on trader. the box you had must have done you well, like everthing look after last for ever.ITwas surprising what they would hold the 2 nd one i had was simular size and with canopy could get 100lambs on. A lad used work with us has got a austin flat bed been restored look good with box on. cheers charlie

Hi charliemjp,
I `ve sent you a P. M.

Hi folks,

A few photographs of John Penny & Sons super new Scania R730.

Oh and if you‘re like me and you love ya food, check out John Penny’s website — http://www.johnpenny.co.uk.

There’s recipes and cooking techniques to help thee wife :wink:

Cheers

Simon

i just cant decide on this :unamused:

Good thread. Greenwood’s truck is tacky in my opinion but fair play they keep it in great condition. Longthorne’s FH16 is the classiest.
Anybody got a picture of old Chris Waite F16■■ It was one of the last (500) and may have been a tag set up.
Thanks!

Mentioning Albert Halls has no one got any pictures of Yates Livestock trucks

boden:
Albert Hall Farms is another one that white Mick dragged from the memory bank,they always had a Commer 16 tonner parked in the same place every Saturday at Bingley,I always thought they were on the calf job.