Bus driver sent home lgbt

muckles:

jakethesnake:
(He’s employed to drive a bus carrying people. The bus number doesn’t affect that. His primary job isn’t to carry slogans or advertise.)

Exactly right Franglais. Why are some so homophobic? I am probably older than most on here and I am completely hetrosexual however it’s up to others how they indulge themselves as long as they keep away from me I have no problem. Jeezuz some of these answers. :unamused:

Well that doesn’t sound very enlightened either.

I thought you’d have understood what I meant. They can come near me no problem.
But if they try anything on with me then that’s a different matter.

Comprehend now?

truckertang:
The whole place has gone mad… I’m not 50 yet and i struggle to get my head around these #@@#@!!!

Yes as has been said do what you want in the privacy of your own home.

Saying this i wouldn’t refuse to drive this bus as it’s just a bus and as long as the uniform didn’t change and involve a dress & makeup it would be fine…

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yes privacy of home but no need to shove it down people’s throats.
Bus driver was wrong though in my opinion.

The LGBT community seem to be on par with Vegans … you don’t need to know that they are LGBT or Vegan, but your ■■■■ sure they’re gonna tell you anyhow

jakethesnake:

muckles:

jakethesnake:
(He’s employed to drive a bus carrying people. The bus number doesn’t affect that. His primary job isn’t to carry slogans or advertise.)

Exactly right Franglais. Why are some so homophobic? I am probably older than most on here and I am completely hetrosexual however it’s up to others how they indulge themselves as long as they keep away from me I have no problem. Jeezuz some of these answers. :unamused:

Well that doesn’t sound very enlightened either.

Comprehend now?

I did get what you were trying to say, it was a bit of a tongue in cheek reply and partly to show how easily somebody can fall foul of the linguistics minefield on these subjects.

It would be a comment like that that would be jumped on by people, cause a Twitter storm and maybe lead to somebody’s career being over.

To be honest the same could go for your last sentence, you could be made out to be some homophobic extremist, where in fact I’m sure like many of us, you probably just believe in live and let live.

I don’t want unwanted advances from anybody gay or straight, although that’s not big on my list of what I worry about these days, more worried if I can get out of the chair, or how long it will take to stand up straight after getting off my motorbike. :laughing:

peirre:
The LGBT community seem to be on par with Vegans … you don’t need to know that they are LGBT or Vegan, but your ■■■■ sure they’re gonna tell you anyhow

I think it’s more that ones that are very vocal, the 2 girls who lived next door to me are a couple, but there aren’t loads of gay pride flags hanging out of the windows, when I have conversations with them, they don’t feel the need to tell me they’re a couple, it’s just not a big deal.

The same goes for the lad who works for one of the catering establishments on the race circuit, We know he’s homosexual, we know he has a boyfriend, but he doesn’t feel the need to shout about it, makepolitical points about it, he gets on with his job and has a laugh and is respected for who he is as a person, as it should be, your ■■■■■■■■■ should be the main thing that defines you as a person.

I used to jest that it will soon be compulsory, that day is getting closer!

I don’t have an issue but agree with the Vegan statement above. I have got 2 gay couples and a doubtful at my wedding, those are the ones we know about.

I can understand the saying about getting on the wrong bus now.

muckles:

peirre:

I think it’s more that ones that are very vocal, the 2 girls who lived next door to me are a couple, but there aren’t loads of gay pride flags hanging out of the windows, when I have conversations with them, they don’t feel the need to tell me they’re a couple, it’s just not a big deal.

The same goes for the lad who works for one of the catering establishments on the race circuit, We know he’s homosexual, we know he has a boyfriend, but he doesn’t feel the need to shout about it, makepolitical points about it, he gets on with his job and has a laugh and is respected for who he is as a person, as it should be, your ■■■■■■■■■ should be the main thing that defines you as a person.

Exactly Muckles, its no big deal.
Us normies if you want to call us that don’t go shouting about how proud we are, look at me, all that cobblers.
In my family are gay partnerships and a gay marriage, i work with various sorts, i have fiends who have all sorts of relationships and hobbies along LGBT lines, good luck to 'em, we all love or like or respect each other for what we are as people, what we get up to in the bedroom or how we dress outside of work is completely irrelevant.
Other people might have more old fashioned ideas, or their culture might be anti the various different lifestyles, i also respect their points of view to which they are as entitled as the alternative lifestylers are to theirs.

If only we could rub along together without actually having various factions having to shout from the rooftops to force people to accept what they might not find comfortable, wouldn’t life be great.

We’re a broad church in lorry world cos no bugger likes us anyway :smiling_imp:

muckles:

Nite Owl:

Arabella:
As a side note, why isn’t there a Straight Pride?

Probably because straight people haven’t been persecuted, arrested, chemically castrated, tortured, abused, assaulted and murdered for their ■■■■■■■■■. All we need is a society where no one gives a ■■■■ what two (or one, or more!) consenting adults get up to, on the proviso they stay within the law of course. The deleted homophobic post above shows theres still a way to go.

As far as the bus driver is concerned, their job is to drive a bus. Not to worry about what’s on the side.

Surely if a load of straight people want a march, then why not, why do you have to have been persecuted?
Why should it be only the domain of a certain group of people, that doesn’t sound very inclusive?

Even better an LBGTS march, the S standing for straight, we all march together to show we can all be who we are and can accept other living their life as they choose. :wink:

All I want is to be able to walk down the street and be ignored. But that doesnt happen. I’ve had the snide comments, the verbal abuse, the threats of violence, the actual violence, I’ve even been threatened with ■■■■! So, for one day a year, I along with a group of like minded people get together and go for a little walk. Just to be able to walk down a street and not be afraid.

You’re welcome to join us.

I wouldnt want to drive a bus covered in rainbow colours, although not sure I’d bother too much about coloured numbers. I suspect if they tried to fire him, he could go for and win unfair dismissal. Likely keep him off then quietly let him back in a week off they have any sense.

There are 2 types.

1. Those who just get on with their lives regardless of race, creed, gender preference etc (the majority).

2. Loudmouths who have run out of things to complain about but still shout louder than anyone else, often on behalf off the “oppressed”.

Couldn’t give a monkies who someone fancies and have been friends with people from every group Dozy mentioned, but am sick of companies pandering to small vocal minorities especially when its just to boost profits or because they are too scared of these loudmouths.

Why can’t they just grow [virtual] balls and tell Pride to [fb] off.

IMHO Homosexuality is ■■■■■■■ repulsive ! But a question that nobody has ever posed------- What would happen to the Worlds population if everyone was somehow to become LBGT or whatever the spelling means ? Now that would very quickly deal with the over population fears I should think ! As long as I was dead and buried before it happened as I have never fancied either “giving it or taking it” ! Bewick.

Bewick:
IMHO Homosexuality is [zb] repulsive ! But a question that nobody has ever posed------- What would happen to the Worlds population if everyone was somehow to become LBGT or whatever the spelling means ? Now that would very quickly deal with the over population fears I should think ! As long as I was dead and buried before it happened as I have never fancied either “giving it or taking it” ! Bewick.

Being homosexual isn’t catching.

Some fantastically tolerant views in here. Bet there’s a few who drop the old “backs to the walls” line in the presence of a gay man… :unamused:

For the record I’m not gay, I’m married with children but myself and my wife both have friends who are gay/lesbian and we’re yet to be infected with any kind of gayness disorder :unamused:

Dare I say it but many of you may not even be attractive to them :open_mouth:

Nite Owl:

muckles:

Nite Owl:

Arabella:
As a side note, why isn’t there a Straight Pride?

Probably because straight people haven’t been persecuted, arrested, chemically castrated, tortured, abused, assaulted and murdered for their ■■■■■■■■■. All we need is a society where no one gives a ■■■■ what two (or one, or more!) consenting adults get up to, on the proviso they stay within the law of course. The deleted homophobic post above shows theres still a way to go.

As far as the bus driver is concerned, their job is to drive a bus. Not to worry about what’s on the side.

Surely if a load of straight people want a march, then why not, why do you have to have been persecuted?
Why should it be only the domain of a certain group of people, that doesn’t sound very inclusive?

Even better an LBGTS march, the S standing for straight, we all march together to show we can all be who we are and can accept other living their life as they choose. :wink:

All I want is to be able to walk down the street and be ignored. But that doesnt happen. I’ve had the snide comments, the verbal abuse, the threats of violence, the actual violence, I’ve even been threatened with ■■■■! So, for one day a year, I along with a group of like minded people get together and go for a little walk. Just to be able to walk down a street and not be afraid.

You’re welcome to join us.

Why what are you Niteowl?

toonsy:

Bewick:
IMHO Homosexuality is [zb] repulsive ! But a question that nobody has ever posed------- What would happen to the Worlds population if everyone was somehow to become LBGT or whatever the spelling means ? Now that would very quickly deal with the over population fears I should think ! As long as I was dead and buried before it happened as I have never fancied either “giving it or taking it” ! Bewick.

Some fantastically tolerant views in here. Bet there’s a few who drop the old “backs to the walls” line in the presence of a gay man… :unamused:

For the record I’m not gay, I’m married with children but myself and my wife both have friends who are gay/lesbian and we’re yet to be infected with any kind of gayness disorder :unamused:

But everyone is entitled to their own view even if it is to say they find lgbt people disgusting. The problem is the lgbt brand has got out of hand and seems to hold a lot of power in the marketing and advertising sector and it is been forced down our throats. Over the last few years i have more of a dislike to bent people than i did have years ago and that is simply because we are been forced to embrace it.

Bewick:

Interesting how you make a rare visit to the main forum to post this idiotic piece of b s. :unamused:

ArcticMonkey:

toonsy:

Bewick:

But everyone is entitled to their own view even if it is to say they find lgbt people disgusting. The problem is the lgbt brand has got out of hand and seems to hold a lot of power in the marketing and advertising sector and it is been forced down our throats. Over the last few years i have more of a dislike to bent people than i did have years ago and that is simply because we are been forced to embrace it.

Not really. Pound to a penny we see the same adverts/TV etc unless I live on some alternative planet?

I guess some of it may be my attitude as I quite frankly couldn’t care less what other consenting adults are doing with each other.

It seems quite a few people on here have issues with gay people.

Mocking liberals for acting like the thought police while at the same time criticising gay people for having a bit of bum fun in private(Bedroom police).

Also the vast majority of gay people are not your stereotypical loud, obnoxious, ■■■-obsessed gay in ■■■-less chaps. They are just regular people.

Back on topic
There are bright pink liveried trucks on the road, we’ve all probably seen them, but would you drive one?

jakethesnake:

Comprehend now?

You may be completely au fait and up to speed with The Highway Code Jake but by God modern life has apparently wooshed right on by you. :wink: “They” ffs man! I don’t personally think you’ll have a problem with any of “they” “trying it on” with you. I’m fairly sure that you can safely relax your sphincter in that respect mate. :smiley:

toonsy:
and it is been forced down our throats.

Yuk, just the thought of that nearly made me bring up my supper … :slight_smile:

peirre:
Back on topic
There are bright pink liveried trucks on the road, we’ve all probably seen them, but would you drive one?

I would, in fact I’ve made tentative enquiries into driving one when I move back to England, also there is one Tnet member that I know who does drive one. Does it really matter what colour truck you drive?