Bus driver sent home lgbt

albion:
Frankly I never care who anyone shags as long as both parties are happy.

I also think if it’s against your religious beliefs then why should you.

On the other hand I also think getting your knickers in a twist over some numbers being striped is over reaction.

However, I really disagree with whoever said the driver needs educating. We dont live in N Korea.

Religion and religious beliefs shouldn’t be a 'get out of jail free card".
Children are hurt and even killed in exorcism ceremonies. Their parents believe they are doing the right thing by their religion, so should we allow this to happen? Of course not.
So at what point do we allow some religious beliefs to influence civil society but not others?
So long as a religion has certain tenets that are at odds with civil law or society we will have these issues. The blanket principle that everything in a religion must be tolerated is unsupportable. It will always show conflict between the rights of two groups.
In this case?
Refusing to drive a bus because of the colour of the number?
He’s a drama queen!.
If it was carrying a “Gay is Good” message ten foot high…that may be a good point.
(He’s employed to drive a bus carrying people. The bus number doesn’t affect that. His primary job isn’t to carry slogans or advertise.)

It’s striped numbers on a destination blind. He probably carries gays, lesbians, criminals, paedophiles on his bus everyday.

But because the numbers aren’t in stripey colours that’s fine…

He’s paid to drive a bus on a route, a route has probably driven many times before but this is different because it has stripey numbers.

Odd.

Thou doth protest too much. [emoji57]

Arabella:
As a side note, why isn’t there a Straight Pride?

Yeah good point.
Then again, I’m straight but don’t care whether people think I am or not. I have a gay friend that’s convinced I’m suppressing my inner gayness [emoji23]
The more I deny it the more he’s convinced [emoji23]

For the record, I know it proves nothing but I do have 3 kids etc etc.

lizard:

dozy:
Maybe he’s my age 58 , I struggle
With these types as well , we
Come from a different era

That’s a bit homophobic of you dozy.

Lesbians
Gay
Bi
Transsexual

Are not types
They are human just like the rest of us, they just have different ■■■■■■ tendencies than the heterosexual side of the human race.

Sent using smoke signals

Maybe re-read what Dozy is saying?
If he “is struggling” with this issue, maybe he wants to be fair and liberal, but because of being from an older less tolerant era, he finds it difficult?
Intellectually (!) Dozy is tolerant, but emotionally accepting, not yet?

nomiS36:

Arabella:

Yeah good point.
Then again, I’m straight but don’t care whether people think I am or not. I have a gay friend that’s convinced I’m suppressing my inner gayness [emoji23]
The more I deny it the more he’s convinced [emoji23]

For the record, I know it proves nothing but I do have 3 kids etc etc.

Probably because straight people haven’t been persecuted, arrested, chemically castrated, tortured, abused, assaulted and murdered for their ■■■■■■■■■. All we need is a society where no one gives a ■■■■ what two (or one, or more!) consenting adults get up to, on the proviso they stay within the law of course. The deleted homophobic post above shows theres still a way to go.

As far as the bus driver is concerned, their job is to drive a bus. Not to worry about what’s on the side.

Franglais:

lizard:

dozy:

Lesbians
Gay
Bi
Transsexual

Are not types
They are human just like the rest of us, they just have different ■■■■■■ tendencies than the heterosexual side of the human race.

Sent using smoke signals

If he “is struggling” with this issue, maybe he wants to be fair and liberal, but because of being from an older less tolerant era, he finds it difficult?

If you re-read what dozy wrote and what I wrote you will note how he called them types and how I said they are not types.
I read perfectly well what he wrote and I understand exactly what he was getting at in this wording but not the ‘type’ bit.

Sent using smoke signals

lizard:

Franglais:

lizard:

dozy:

Lesbians
Gay
Bi
Transsexual

Are not types

Sent using smoke signals

If you re-read what dozy wrote and what I wrote you will note how he called them types and how I said they are not types.
I read perfectly well what he wrote and I understand exactly what he was getting at in this wording but not the ‘type’ bit.

Sent using smoke signals

Yes I agree that referring to “types” is obviously making generalisations. But do think that maybe Dozy is trying to be more tolerant than he may have been in the past.
Credit for his motivation, even if he hasn’t got around to correct PC speak yet.

So…referring to someone as a type,is making a generalisation,and is wrong?

We’re all ■■■■■■

commonrail:
So…referring to someone as a type,is making a generalisation,and is wrong?

We’re all [zb]

Some are quite evangelical about it maybe?
I’m more about someone’s general attitudes.

Only maybe?
They’re ■■■■■■■ insane.

We’re all types.
The things we do…make us a certain type ffs

commonrail:
Only maybe?
They’re [zb] insane.

We’re all types.

Huh! TYPIcal lorry driver reaction.[emoji5]
Would you be happy to called a pot bellied, tattoed truckie type?
I’m laughing at the situation, by the way, not you.

:cry:

Franglais:

commonrail:
Only maybe?
They’re [zb] insane.

We’re all types.

Huh! TYPIcal lorry driver reaction.[emoji5]
Would you be happy to called a pot bellied, tattoed truckie type?
I’m laughing at the situation, by the way, not you.

Yes…although I don’t have any tattoos.

(He’s employed to drive a bus carrying people. The bus number doesn’t affect that. His primary job isn’t to carry slogans or advertise.)

Exactly right Franglais. Why are some so homophobic? I am probably older than most on here and I am completely hetrosexual however it’s up to others how they indulge themselves as long as they keep away from me I have no problem. Jeezuz some of these answers. :unamused:

lizard:

dozy:

Lesbians
Gay
Bi
Transsexual

Are not types

Sent using smoke signals

Maybe Dozy doesn’t have the vocabulary to find a better word, I didn’t think his post was homophobic, just a person of a certain age feeling a bit uncomfortable with something that has been underground for most of his life.

This is what’s wrong with the whole political debate, shut somebody down because they didn’t use the correct words, leave the debate to the educated classes, don’t let the plebs talk they’ll use the wrong words.

When Dozy was born, and myself for that matter, homosexuality was still illegal, even for the decades after that it was still very underground and most places an openly gay couple would be ostracised by their family and community or even beaten up. In the 80’s we then had AIDS appear on the scene another reason to persecute gay people, so maybe it’s understandable that he struggles.

For me I still find it weird, to hear a man talk about his husband or woman talk about her wife, but I’m pleased that they are allowed to be open about it and be with the person they want to be with.

Why should they keep themselves away from you?
Sounds like you have a bit of a phobia.

jakethesnake:

Exactly right Franglais. Why are some so homophobic? I am probably older than most on here and I am completely hetrosexual however it’s up to others how they indulge themselves as long as they keep away from me I have no problem. Jeezuz some of these answers. :unamused:

Well that doesn’t sound very enlightened either.

Nite Owl:

Arabella:

Probably because straight people haven’t been persecuted, arrested, chemically castrated, tortured, abused, assaulted and murdered for their ■■■■■■■■■. All we need is a society where no one gives a ■■■■ what two (or one, or more!) consenting adults get up to, on the proviso they stay within the law of course. The deleted homophobic post above shows theres still a way to go.

As far as the bus driver is concerned, their job is to drive a bus. Not to worry about what’s on the side.

Surely if a load of straight people want a march, then why not, why do you have to have been persecuted?
Why should it be only the domain of a certain group of people, that doesn’t sound very inclusive?

Even better an LBGTS march, the S standing for straight, we all march together to show we can all be who we are and can accept other living their life as they choose. :wink:

The whole place has gone mad… I’m not 50 yet and i struggle to get my head around these #@@#@!!!

Yes as has been said do what you want in the privacy of your own home.

Saying this i wouldn’t refuse to drive this bus as it’s just a bus and as long as the uniform didn’t change and involve a dress & makeup it would be fine…

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk