Bus driver sent home lgbt

scottie0011:
Does it really matter what colour truck you drive?

Not at all. Only the colour of the money in the bank matters to me.

I heard the best reply in the BBC news room in BBC TV Center back when they legalised homosexuality .
They mad it legal not compulsory!

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Nite Owl:

muckles:

Nite Owl:

Arabella:
As a side note, why isn’t there a Straight Pride?

Probably because straight people haven’t been persecuted, arrested, chemically castrated, tortured, abused, assaulted and murdered for their ■■■■■■■■■. All we need is a society where no one gives a ■■■■ what two (or one, or more!) consenting adults get up to, on the proviso they stay within the law of course. The deleted homophobic post above shows theres still a way to go.

As far as the bus driver is concerned, their job is to drive a bus. Not to worry about what’s on the side.

Surely if a load of straight people want a march, then why not, why do you have to have been persecuted?
Why should it be only the domain of a certain group of people, that doesn’t sound very inclusive?

Even better an LBGTS march, the S standing for straight, we all march together to show we can all be who we are and can accept other living their life as they choose. :wink:

All I want is to be able to walk down the street and be ignored. But that doesnt happen. I’ve had the snide comments, the verbal abuse, the threats of violence, the actual violence, I’ve even been threatened with ■■■■! So, for one day a year, I along with a group of like minded people get together and go for a little walk. Just to be able to walk down a street and not be afraid.

You’re welcome to join us.

I’m not sure which part of the LBGT community you identify with, and it’s none of my business. But I think you’ve missed my point, I have no problem with a Gay Pride marches, although I probably wouldn’t take up your offer, not really into marches, parades etc, or anywhere with large crowds, (I’m an introvert in an extroverts World, I did think of an “Introverts Pride March”, but I don’t think it would really take off, we’ll all stand in corners keeping quiet :laughing: ) and for the same reason, I wouldn’t attend a “Straight Pride” march, if such a thing ever happened.

The point was anybody should be able to march without another group saying they don’t deserve it, (there are of course caveats to that statement) although I’m sure the reality of a “Straight Pride” march would be a bit of an anti-climax, it’s more a point of principle.

As for you not being able to walk down a street without being threatened and abused, that’s just awful, really has saddened me reading that. :frowning:

switchlogic:

Bewick:
IMHO Homosexuality is [zb] repulsive ! But a question that nobody has ever posed------- What would happen to the Worlds population if everyone was somehow to become LBGT or whatever the spelling means ? Now that would very quickly deal with the over population fears I should think ! As long as I was dead and buried before it happened as I have never fancied either “giving it or taking it” ! Bewick.

Interesting how you make a rare visit to the main forum to post this idiotic piece of b s. :unamused:

Oooooo! I didn’t realise I was been watched ! And oh! this is not the Premier or Main TN site either and for your info mate my opinion will be roundly supported by my Pals on THE main TN site so as far as I am concerned Homosexuality is repulsive and NOBODY is going to persuade me otherwise so put that in your pipe and smoke it.Bewick.

Way I see it is live and let live, people have no control over how they were born in any way, being gay to them is as normal as being straight is to me.
I’ve personally no problem with gay people,…and why would I?

I admit If I think about it, I maybe aint too keen on what they get up to behind closed doors, but I suppose that is what makes me straight,.and at the end of the day it has nothing to do with me anyway.

If any of my kids told me they were gay, I’m not saying I’d go out celebrating it I admit, …but I do know I would still love him/her and support them.

As for that bus driver, he just sounds like an attention seeking tool.
There are more important things in life to make a fuss about. :unamused:

toonsy:

ArcticMonkey:

toonsy:

Bewick:
IMHO Homosexuality is [zb] repulsive ! But a question that nobody has ever posed------- What would happen to the Worlds population if everyone was somehow to become LBGT or whatever the spelling means ? Now that would very quickly deal with the over population fears I should think ! As long as I was dead and buried before it happened as I have never fancied either “giving it or taking it” ! Bewick.

Being homosexual isn’t catching.

Some fantastically tolerant views in here. Bet there’s a few who drop the old “backs to the walls” line in the presence of a gay man… :unamused:

For the record I’m not gay, I’m married with children but myself and my wife both have friends who are gay/lesbian and we’re yet to be infected with any kind of gayness disorder :unamused:

Dare I say it but many of you may not even be attractive to them :open_mouth:

But everyone is entitled to their own view even if it is to say they find lgbt people disgusting. The problem is the lgbt brand has got out of hand and seems to hold a lot of power in the marketing and advertising sector and it is been forced down our throats. Over the last few years i have more of a dislike to bent people than i did have years ago and that is simply because we are been forced to embrace it.

Not really. Pound to a penny we see the same adverts/TV etc unless I live on some alternative planet?

I guess some of it may be my attitude as I quite frankly couldn’t care less what other consenting adults are doing with each other.

blogs.spectator.co.uk/2019/07/w … -of-pride/

jakethesnake:
no need to shove it down people’s throats.

tenor.gif

ArcticMonkey:

Nite Owl:
All I want is to be able to walk down the street and be ignored. But that doesnt happen. I’ve had the snide comments, the verbal abuse, the threats of violence, the actual violence, I’ve even been threatened with ■■■■! So, for one day a year, I along with a group of like minded people get together and go for a little walk. Just to be able to walk down a street and not be afraid.

You’re welcome to join us.

Why what are you Niteowl?

I don’t know Nite owl personally but at a guess I’d say a human being. Now the situations he/she describes can’t, IMHO, be acceptable can they?

Bus drivers get into some right pickles. Remember the bus driver who wouldn’t drive a bus because it was “decked” out with Humanist messages. Alright without God sort of thing.

muckles:
I’m not sure which part of the LBGT community you identify with, and it’s none of my business. But I think you’ve missed my point, I have no problem with a Gay Pride marches, although I probably wouldn’t take up your offer, not really into marches, parades etc, or anywhere with large crowds, (I’m an introvert in an extroverts World, I did think of an “Introverts Pride March”, but I don’t think it would really take off, we’ll all stand in corners keeping quiet :laughing: ) and for the same reason, I wouldn’t attend a “Straight Pride” march, if such a thing ever happened.

The point was anybody should be able to march without another group saying they don’t deserve it, (there are of course caveats to that statement) although I’m sure the reality of a “Straight Pride” march would be a bit of an anti-climax, it’s more a point of principle.

As for you not being able to walk down a street without being threatened and abused, that’s just awful, really has saddened me reading that. :frowning:

I agree with you completely on the whole march thing, what’s the point of promoting one section of society by excluding another? Sometimes I think the whole pride thing has been hijacked, and the fact that some people think they’re excluded because they don’t “fit the criteria” defeats the purpose. We’re all members of the same society, and that is what we should be celebrating.

Bus driver shouldn’t be suspended for this. It’s your right to be homosexual and also your right to not support homosexuality and even not agree with it, as long as you respectful about it and not insulting and abusive and all that.

peirre:
Back on topic
There are bright pink liveried trucks on the road, we’ve all probably seen them, but would you drive one?

No because I’ve heard they’re a crap firm to work for and the boss is an arse.

I’d be more offended if I was made to drive a vehicle supporting Jeremy Corbyn…Then again, a photo of Diane Abbott on your back doors would stop rear end collisions.

Rowley010:
Bus driver shouldn’t be suspended for this. It’s your right to be homosexual and also your right to not support homosexuality and even not agree with it, as long as you respectful about it and not insulting and abusive and all that.

And it’s the employers right to expect a driver to…drive…!
The bus has a coloured route number, he isn’t being asked to go a protest march, he is being asked to do his job.

Franglais:

Rowley010:

The bus has a coloured route number, he isn’t being asked to go a protest march, he is being asked to do his job.

But those are more than colourful numbers; they represent something that some people, for various reasons, find offensive.

Postal Workers have refused to deliver political material they find offensive, and not lost their jobs they’ve been fully backed by their union.

If we’re going to allow freedom of speech and expression and provided the driver isn’t being offensive surely then he has a right to say he doesn’t want to drive the bus.

This should have been done in a manager’s office, done a dusted no more said, but of course the bus company has got loads of Kudos by suspending the driver,

I wonder of those shouting how great they are and a driver should just drive the bus would be those supportive if they’d suspended a driver for refusing to drive a bus with a UKIP or Brexit party sign on it?

muckles:
I wonder of those shouting how great they are and a driver should just drive the bus would be those supportive if they’d suspended a driver for refusing to drive a bus with a UKIP or Brexit party sign on it?

Ffs :unamused:
Why?
Only an idiot or someone with far too much time on his hands would be bothered to think that there was some direct corrolation between what is being advertised on a bus and it’s driver :unamused: …or is it just me who can see the absurdity of all this ■■■■■■■■.

If he had a Wonderbra advert on would you think he was a weekend transvestite?
If he had a ■■■■■■ advert would you think he had problems getting it up?
Jeez H. :unamused:

robroy:

muckles:

Why?
Only an idiot would think there was some direct corrolation between what is being advertised on a bus and it’s driver, or is it just me who can see the absurdity of all this ■■■■■■■■.

Please read it in context of the rest of it.

The examples you’ve given are commercial adverts, Gay Pride isn’t, it’s a social/political movement, formed to change opinions and laws.

Do you really believe those who have taken to twitter to defend the company and demand the driver is sacked, re-educated etc, would agree with you and defend the company if it had been a Brexit party or UKIP advert on the bus he refused to drive?

I personally don’t agree with, or understand why the driver refused to drive the bus, but some people have deeply held beliefs and provided they are not being offesive, which I don’t think just refusing to drive the bus is, then he should be allowed that point of view, however much you or I might disagree with it.

muckles:

Franglais:

Rowley010:

But those are more than colourful numbers; they represent something that some people, for various reasons, find offensive.

Postal Workers have refused to deliver political material they find offensive, and not lost their jobs they’ve been fully backed by their union.

If we’re going to allow freedom of speech and expression and provided the driver isn’t being offensive surely then he has a right to say he doesn’t want to drive the bus.

This should have been done in a manager’s office, done a dusted no more said, but of course the bus company has got loads of Kudos by suspending the driver,

You are making a fair point.
The way I see it, it may be a sign of supporting equality for a no ority group, But not promoting their views above others.
The message is of equality, not superiority of opinion which political messages convey.
I do confess to being confused on all of this.

muckles:

robroy:

muckles:

Why?
Only an idiot would think there was some direct corrolation between what is being advertised on a bus and it’s driver, or is it just me who can see the absurdity of all this ■■■■■■■■.

Please read it in context of the rest of it.

The examples you’ve given are commercial adverts, Gay Pride isn’t, it’s a social/political movement, formed to change opinions and laws.

Do you really believe those who have taken to twitter to defend the company and demand the driver is sacked, re-educated etc, would agree with you and defend the company if it had been a Brexit party or UKIP advert on the bus he refused to drive?

I personally don’t agree with, or understand why the driver refused to drive the bus, but some people have deeply held beliefs and provided they are not being offesive, which I don’t think just refusing to drive the bus is, then he should be allowed that point of view, however much you or I might disagree with it.

I still stand by what I said, far too many people are offended and concerned about things that just do not matter in the big picture.
There are far too many real issues to worry about.

On a seperate note I was first on the scene of a death crash the other day, one of the victims was 15, it kinda puts things into perspective about what does and what does NOT matter in this life. : :bulb:
Far too many people getting their thongs in knots over ■■■■ all.

Bewick:

switchlogic:

Bewick:

Interesting how you make a rare visit to the main forum to post this idiotic piece of b s. :unamused:

Oooooo! I didn’t realise I was been watched ! And oh! this is not the Premier or Main TN site either and for your info mate my opinion will be roundly supported by my Pals on THE main TN site so as far as I am concerned Homosexuality is repulsive and NOBODY is going to persuade me otherwise so put that in your pipe and smoke it.Bewick.

I’ve no interest in persuading old bigots like you of anything. Just find your strong views on a subject that doesn’t concern you in any way at all somewhat weird.