Book Recommendations for Long Jobs

What books or publications would you recommend for reading on the road and why? Are there any novels you’ve really enjoyed and found they’ve made longer jobs more enjoyable? I am currently writing an article on this subject and would appreciate any recommendations you guys have :grimacing:

====================

Research post OK’ed. dd.

The complete works of Dozy titled “Will I make it home on Friday for my steak dinner and other mishaps “
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Try the Lee Child , Jack Reacher books , brilliant reading and difficult to put down once you start them . There are 23 books so far and I can’t wait for number 24 this year .

rigsby:
Try the Lee Child , Jack Reacher books , brilliant reading and difficult to put down once you start them . There are 23 books so far and I can’t wait for number 24 this year .

If you like Lee Child (which I do) then you’ll probably enjoy the John Milton series of books by an author called Mark Dawson.

Anything by Ben McIntyre.
Factual stories and biography.
The official history of the SAS, WW2 and cold-war spies, and the true story of an adventurer in Victorian era India. (think “The Man Who Would Be King”)

Excellent clear writing style, he has spoken to the real people who made headlines.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

rigsby:

Yeah, The Jack Reacher novels are first class. Working my way through them, currently on number 8, although they’re all stand-alone and don’t need to be read in sequence.

I’m currently reading " history of the land Rover" by Ben fogle…yes, you would never belive that guy was into cars let alone land rovers, but his different perspective, level of inteligence and most importantly passion has made it a gripping read for me.

Yes, I love land rovers too, despite to some they are just antiquated junk. In fact, I just managed to find on kijiji after many years searching in canada, a very cheap original, mid grey 1960 series 2, resto job, …I feel like a kid again …hence was even willing give fogles book a chance :smiley:

Anything by Ranulph Fiennes ,his books on his adventures are as good as others , his " fiction " books will certainly make you think . He has been close to those who work in the shadows and dark places for much of his life .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

If you are geopolitcally inclined,there’s a cracking pdf to download-Bloodlines of the illuminati-by Fritz Springmeir,he more than any other researchers,has got to the very dark heart of exposing the leading player dynasties who control our world,Rothschilds,Reynolds.Astors,Bundys,Rockefellers…etc.Although he comes from a christian- religious perspective,it no way detracts from the brilliance of his rigorously enlightening tracts on this subject.I believe he’s still imprisoned to this day.
3 books by John Hamer-The Falsification of History and Behind the Curtain vols-1&2 (mindblowing) :open_mouth:
Agenda 21 by Dean and Jean Henderson,awesomely crisp analysis of the secret societies such as RIIA,CFR,TC,Roundtable etc,which exist to buttress and promote the interlocking agendas of the 13 prime, illuminati bloodlines known as -(The committee of 300.)
Finally the pdf for (Re)Vision an extremely detailed work tackling the Vatican and Juddaic manipulations of our planets history through time.
These should keep you occupied for some time :slight_smile:

manalishi:
Fritz Springmeir,he more than any other researchers,has got to the very dark heart of exposing the leading player dynasties who control our world,Rothschilds,Reynolds.Astors,Bundys,Rockefellers…etc.Although he comes from a christian- religious perspective,it no way detracts from the brilliance of his rigorously enlightening tracts on this subject.I believe he’s still imprisoned to this day.

Wiki says he was released from prison in 2011. The conviction was for armed robbery with an automatic rifle.

Franglais:

manalishi:
Fritz Springmeir,he more than any other researchers,has got to the very dark heart of exposing the leading player dynasties who control our world,Rothschilds,Reynolds.Astors,Bundys,Rockefellers…etc.Although he comes from a christian- religious perspective,it no way detracts from the brilliance of his rigorously enlightening tracts on this subject.I believe he’s still imprisoned to this day.

Wiki says he was released from prison in 2011. The conviction was for armed robbery with an automatic rifle.

Check out Henry Makow website for a more plausible explanation.

I’ve always been a book reader, thanks Mum, the only problem I had is that I would get so engrossed in the book I was reading that i couldn’t put it down and have been known to let others get tipped whilst carrying on reading :blush:, I’ve got loads of free Ebooks on my laptop but I still prefer to have the real thing between my fingers :sunglasses:

Regards
Dave Penn;

davepenn54:
I’ve always been a book reader, thanks Mum, the only problem I had is that I would get so engrossed in the book I was reading that i couldn’t put it down and have been known to let others get tipped whilst carrying on reading :blush:, I’ve got loads of free Ebooks on my laptop but I still prefer to have the real thing between my fingers :sunglasses:

Regards
Dave Penn;

Totally concur,a house without a healthy stock of books on shelves,is a lesser place imho.

manalishi:

davepenn54:

Regards
Dave Penn;

Totally concur,a house without a healthy stock of books on shelves,is a lesser place imho.

But sadly that seems to be the way things are going. Reading a book, any book, takes time. You have to invest that time and the rewards will be worth it, but everything these days has to be either instant or confined to 140 words, or letters . . . or whatever . . . (hashtag can’t be ■■■■■■■ bothered)