Any good book recommendations?

Haven’t read a good book for ages, feeling the need for one now. Best book I’ve read is Papillon by Henri Charriere. Love the James Patterson Alex Cross books as well. As a Kid I used to read the Sven Hassle books , might look them up again. Anyone read a decent book lately?

Just finished “David Jason my life” but autobiographies are not everyone’s cup of tea but I enjoyed it.

if you like police books try POLICE CRIME AND 999 by john Donoghue,i found it a good read,really funny,he was/is a police officer and tells tales about suicides and people in custody,but in a funny way

bald bloke:
Just finished “David Jason my life” but autobiographies are not everyone’s cup of tea but I enjoyed it.

I got a little way through it myself but did not find it that good unfortunately,ricky tomlinsons autobiography is very good

Wool Trilogy by Hugh Howey
Jack Reacher Books, by Lee Child

steelgoon:
Jack Reacher Books, by Lee Child

+1

Working my way through them now, struggle to put them down sometimes.

truckman020:

bald bloke:

I got a little way through it myself but did not find it that good unfortunately,ricky tomlinsons autobiography is very good

It’s gets better as it’s more on Only Fools , Porridge etc rather than theatre stuff.

Getting into Andy McNabb’s books at the moment. The first few are all about his time in the SAS and I read these a few years ago as and when he released them, then he started moving into SAS style fiction which are pretty well written as well.

Kaistar:
Getting into Andy McNabb’s books at the moment. The first few are all about his time in the SAS and I read these a few years ago as and when he released them, then he started moving into SAS style fiction which are pretty well written as well.

I forgot about Andy McNab , loved Bravo two zero , the one that got away by Chris Ryan was good as well.

Another vote for Lee Child and the Jack Reacher series. Highly adictive.
Anything by Martina Cole. Gripping stuff.

Looks like I’ll have to check out the Jack Reacher books then. Lee Child’s was on the news earlier talking about his new book.

Jack Reacher , start with the first one “Killing Floor”
Easy to get addicted
Jim

Anybody got the guy martin autobiography .what do you reckon to it :question: :question: im not one for books but i fancy that one.

Anything by Ken Follet.

If you like historical books the Wellington and Bonaparte Quartet are amazing by Simon Scarrow,and any book by Bernard Cornwell especially the Warrior Chronicles.

A friend of mine raved about Lee child and gave me some of his books. Really not my cup of tea. Never finished one of them. Ian Rankin, Peter James, far better. Also Louis de bernieres birds without wings. Far better than his Captain Correllis mandolin.

Bernard Cornwell = +1
If you like Sci-fi fantasy, anything by Anne McCaffrey (especially The Ship Who Sang or the Dragons of Pern series) or David/Leigh (brother/sister) Eddings who write alone and together.

Just finished"The Railway Man" a guy’s story of his experiences at the hands of the maps in Burma. Forget his name sorry. Brilliant book well written.

Just finished"The Railway Man" a guy’s story of his experiences at the hands of the maps in Burma. Forget his name sorry. Brilliant book well written.

A lot of drivers would benefit from reading the highway code… :smiley: