Trucking books

I have just finished reading A long way home by Nigel Hansen, and just starting another of his Mavertons Mavericks , great read its only a short read i got it of google play and down loaded it to my smart phone. I have just ordered a book called Have truck will travel, looking forward to reading that. Does anyone know of any other good trucking books ?

Hullo,
Those two books look interesting, I’ll buy them when I get back to the UK for my collection. I am rather intrigued by the author’s aka, Smurf. I remember a bloke called Smurf from a few years back, (20) he was mostly on Italian work though, certainly not on Mavertons work. John Kane was his name. I wonder if it is the same bloke.
Cheers, Archie.

truckeygar:
I have just finished reading A long way home by Nigel Hansen, and just starting another of his Mavertons Mavericks , great read its only a short read i got it of google play and down loaded it to my smart phone. I have just ordered a book called Have truck will travel, looking forward to reading that. Does anyone know of any other good trucking books ?

Two good books read are The Long Haul Pioneers and Cola Cowboys also a dvd is on offer at Amazon called Destination Doha.
Cliff

hi
a book i found very interesting is called,BRS PARCEL SERVICES AND EXPRESS CARRIERS. its a history of all the leading parcel carriers from the early 1900,s to the present time.
cheers diesel

I have read cola cowboys, juggernaught, long haul pioneers, baghdad truckers, most of the others on middle east work , there are loads of short stories on trucknet just would like to see and read a few more in book form,

truckeygar:

ive tried to find these as books but can only find them for a kindle on amazon, were they proper paerbacks you read as i would rather read an actual book (i have a kindle but have never used it!)

I found them on google play , isbn 978-1-4689-0232-7 ,thats mavertons mavericks, and isbn 978-1-4689039-2 long way home, hope that helps ,

Here’s a couple of good one’s by a mate of Alan Spillett’s who drove for Arnolds with Alan.
Juggernaut Drivers by Leslie Purdon.
Truckers North Truckers South by Leslie Purdon.
Both good a read and available off Amazon.

truckeygar:

Just finished have truck will travel it was a good read but for pure laugh out loud try diesel rose by mick rennison.