Books?

I was wondering what books you all read to while away the hours while getting tipped or when parked up on a night. Any recommendations for a good read :slight_smile: I’ve just read Lord of the Rings for the 3rd time, fantastic book and First Light by Geoffrey Wellum about being a Battle of Britain fighter pilot.

Razzle, Fiesta and Lollipop all spring to mind here! :laughing:

Should’ve known I’d get a reply like that :unamused: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

YEP!! :laughing: :laughing:

Any of John Grishams books are a good read also "Angels and Demons " or “The Davinci Code” both by Dan Brown are o.k.

Lets see ,WILBUR-SMITH;TOM CLANCY;JACK HAWKINS; JAMES MITCHEL
H;ROBBINS: RALPH COMTON;DAVID DRAKE;IAN SLATER;KATHEREN KERR;

But i am willing to read any book that can hold my attention and distract me away from the day to day stress that trys to intrude and up set my well being,

The A-Z series is a good read as well!

The book by Col Tim Collins, if you’re into things military, Rules of Engagement is a hell of a good read.
Plus Supreme Courage, story of some VC winners, by Gen Sir Peter de Billiere is well worth reading. The people in this book are the ones who should be role models and heroes for our kids, not grossly overpaid footballers and popstars.

penfold:
I was wondering what books you all read to while away the hours while getting tipped or when parked up on a night.

Almost anything except Sci-Fi/fantasy type books.

penfold:
I was wondering what books you all read to while away the hours while getting tipped or when parked up on a night. Any recommendations for a good read :slight_smile: I’ve just read Lord of the Rings for the 3rd time, fantastic book and First Light by Geoffrey Wellum about being a Battle of Britain fighter pilot.

a book a book get urself a mini dvd player get with the times :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

This maybe??

marcustandy:
This maybe??

thet do that on dvd it,s called convoy :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

In the cab at the moment, I have 2 books…

“How to build your own computer” and “Cola Cowboys”

No prizes for guessing which is more interesting

these books will be long out of print now but u might get them second hand

The Knights of Bushido by Lord Russel of Liverpool. The story of how the Japanese treated POWs

The Long Walk, not sure of author. prisoner escaped from Russian prison camp and walked his way to freedom from Siberia to India, helped along the way by Laplanders, they used to leave food and skis under piles of snow for escaping prisoners and then across the Gobi (?) Dessert

I read these books some 40 years ago and they made a great impact on me

Is it the one about german ex-pow and they end up escapeing over tibet,nepal keelman

Funny this suject should come up I was wondering if anybody would like to start a book club on here?

north surrey haulage:
Funny this suject should come up I was wondering if anybody would like to start a book club on here?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The stockyard used to have a table full off books for swopsies, I took a boxfull of books in for them as well.

kitkat:

north surrey haulage:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

are u lot a member of a libary or what there is a video shop u no :laughing: :laughing: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz