Bob paul - r . i . p

bob paul in your life you made many remarkable achievments you turned astrans in to a household name known by so many people out side the haulage industry you paved the way for so many people on the middle east run you were truly an inspirational man and will go down in the vaults of transport history me barry barns richie thorne and new lad chris williams were tipping in doha when we heard the news disbelief all round i was looking at the pictures of the book launch you looked well and happy every one is deeply shocked R I P mr paul and dont pay no back shish at that final border

So pleased at the number of comments made on Bob Paul R.I.P.Well done to all of you,and you have done Bob proud.I don’t think Bob realised just how many people knew of him;and respected him for what he was.A great man in the history of long distance road transport,and the first long haul pioneer.
I knew Bob in mid 1966,and drove the new AEC and draw-bar trailer to Tehran with him for over a year.It got Asian Transport Ltd. (later called Astran) on the road.With the new Scania Vabis a faster service could be achieved and thanks to Bob’s skill at picking good drivers and trucks the business really got going.
Bob will be sadly missed by me and many many more.So Bob thank you for the adventure and never to be forgotten.

I did not know bob paul but i am currently reading ashley’s book. i was saddened by the very sad news of bobs passing, my deepest thoughts go out to all his family. One hell of a man he be runnin across desert of heaven with his family RIP Mr Bob Paul x chris w gray :cry:

So sad to here about paul never met you but what a guy been reading the book by alan coggersahll and fantastic RIP

The book by who■■?.

rayluv:
So sad to here about paul never met you but what a guy been reading the book by alan coggersahll and fantastic RIP

I might be wrong Mark…but I reckon he might mean me :unamused: :confused: Been called a few names in the past, but never Coggersahll…can’t even pronounce it :wink:

truckerash:

rayluv:

I might be wrong Mark…but I reckon he might mean me :unamused: :confused: Been called a few names in the past, but never Coggersahll…can’t even pronounce it :wink:

RIP to Paul too :wink:

Sorry to bring this thread down to my level Alan :stuck_out_tongue:

M&C Jamie:
Although i was not a regular driver he always remembered me and called me by name any time that he saw me in the yard. God Bless and Rest in Peace Bob. David Jamieson.

A Scot Lost in the Valley’s.

Wheel Nut:

truckerash:

rayluv:

RIP to Paul too :wink:

Sorry to bring this thread down to my level Alan :stuck_out_tongue:

M&C Jamie:
Although i was not a regular driver he always remembered me and called me by name any time that he saw me in the yard. God Bless and Rest in Peace Bob. David Jamieson.

A Scot Lost in the Valley’s.

Amazing… Whilst Bob is no longer with us in body, he is still close to our hearts in spirit and the mention of him or even Paul :laughing: makes us smile, even at the most outlandish of comments. :confused:
Trust you are also doing well Alan…it could be a good pseudonym (whatever that means) :confused:

All the best RDF

ummmm…food for thought foxxy. Maybe I could write my next book using my new pseudonym (Alan Coggersahll). It might keep the tax man away for a while :laughing:

truckerash:
ummmm…food for thought foxxy. Maybe I could write my next book using my new pseudonym (Alan Coggersahll). It might keep the tax man away for a while :laughing:

Tax man… :confused: Is that a foreign language…We don’t have such words in Arabic :wink: :laughing:

R.I.P. Bob, just finished the book, what a legend, all managers should read The long haul pioneers book and take a leaf out of Bobs, never met him but he must have been one of lifes true gentlemen, they are rarely made like that these days. Respect to Bob and all the other Astran legends…

truckerash:

I put my order in for a Turkish trucking book written by some bloke called Alan Çok Güzel

:wink:

So sorry alvin I must of miss read it but still a good book and what a great man Paul was I did a write up on the company in a magazine I wrote a few years back sadly missed

What magazine was that ?.

Mark R:
What magazine was that ?.

I think the magazine was called “Sadly Missed” :laughing: :laughing:

rayluv:
So sorry alvin I must of miss read it but still a good book and what a great man Paul was I did a write up on the company in a magazine I wrote a few years back sadly missed

ALVIN?? :confused: What magazine was it?

Tomorrow we gather us devoted one’s to pay tribute to a man who inspired all who knew him ,We will send Bob Paul on his longest trip, to Heaven to reunite with old love one’s,to greet him will be Caroline Bobs wife then drivers gone bye will welcome Bob with a glass of his favourite tipple ( Raci from Turkey ) as for me I hope I will meet up with Bob again some day but not yet :cry: :cry: :cry: God bless you Bob

Roger (Rita) Haywood

sinbin31:
Tomorrow we gather us devoted one’s to pay tribute to a man who inspired all who knew him ,We will send Bob Paul on his longest trip, to Heaven to reunite with old love one’s,to greet him will be Caroline Bobs wife then drivers gone bye will welcome Bob with a glass of his favourite tipple ( Raci from Turkey ) as for me I hope I will meet up with Bob again some day but not yet :cry: :cry: :cry: God bless you Bob

Roger (Rita) Haywood

If someone could get a copy of the local newspaper and scan a report into here, I am sure there will be as much interest shown in the future.

Bob Paul touched many drivers lives whether we ever met the man or not, he bred a whole new herd of strong independent men who drove to the Gulf states. Have a glass of Raki on TruckNet Mr Paul.

I think that Bob Paul deserves to go in the lost colleague section of this forum. :frowning:

Just spoken to Frank Brandon - who was also very sad at this news and sorry that he is unable to be at Mr. Paul’s funeral. He remembered the welcome that Mr. Paul always gave him on arriving back each trip…

I’m pretty sure that a lot of people who never knew Bob Paul prior to Ashley’s recent book release will be thinking of him tomorrow while you guys send him on his last trip where he will be meeting his wife. I’m certainly one of them, its been a pleasure to read about his early days with Asian Transport - Astran, and thanks Ash for the book to help celebrate Bob’s life, would love to have met him and listened to some of the old stories.