ASTRAN BOOK - The Long Haul Pioneers -*latest news*

Hi all; Some news about my book - The Long Haul Pioneers.
All my work is done now. Everything has gone to the printers and all being well, a HUGE container load of books will be ready for sale mid JUNE :smiley:

If you haven’t already done so, and you’d like to pre-order a copy, please drop me an e mail at: ashleycoghill@aol.com

or follow the link below to find out more information about the book.
rogergsmith.typepad.co.uk/publis … ation.html

if the link doesn’t work, go to oldpond.com and click on ‘news’

here is the official cover:

Best of luck with the book I hope it goes well for you , cheers Kevin.

well done ash . :smiley:

Congratulations on what I am sure is a job very well done cant wait to get my copy. Once again congratulations.

mfm

Fantastic news, can’t wait to get my hands on a copy. Just bought the reprint of Cola Cowboys, will have to read it for the umpteenth time, as the mint condition first edition hard back copy stays firmly on the bookshelf and will never be read by me.

Cola Cowboys…Destination Doha…The Long Haul Pioneers: The Astran wagon keeps rolling on :smiley:
But then again they were (still are) number 1 and deserve all the hipe they get.

Hullo Ash,
Well done, A long wait, but I am sure it will be well worth the wait. I have already got I believe two copies ordered. I´ll just have to save up to pay for them eh?. No seriously I am really looking forward to June to get my hands on them. At the moment I am still in Brasil, but I shall be home in the UK on the 21st,May, so I shall be in time. Best of luck with the Sales.
Cheers, Archie.

Good luck with it ash. I’m sure you have no worries with it.
Roll on June

Well done Ash, now it’s done you can put yor feet up for a while…Gaydon’s just round the corner though!
I hope the book is one of many now you have a taste for it, I’ll see you outside Chubbies for my copy if you’re going to carry some with you?
Cheers,
Nick

skandiahamn:
I’ll see you outside Chubbies for my copy if you’re going to carry some with you?
Cheers, Nick

Eat your heart out Waterstones…i’ll be doing my book signing outsdie Chubbies :unamused: Trevor’s gonna be the bouncer :laughing: Cheers Nick.

Got your email the other day and contacted Old Pond just awaiting reply and book delivery.

Superb Ash, looks like junes going to be christmas in june for all us ’ avids '.
Waiting patiently with bated breath…
Then looks like there’ll be another huge forum on the merits of the book…!
Great work Ash…

Hi All,
There is a big write up in TRUCK AND DRIVER this month About Ashleys’ book (T&D June) so if you want a chance to win a book i suggest you pick up a copy asap. The book is also available through old pond publishing (and other outlets) from the 26th June.Its getting nearer by the day and i for one can’t wait,even though i have seen the pre-production format.Paul :smiley:

I’ve ordered mine off Amazon and i received an email last week saying thats going to be a week late!!!

Just read the article in truck&driver and the story and pictures from the early days of asain transport certainly wetted my appitite for the book.

yep… mine too

i cant wait :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

cheers
gaz

well at last mr coghill i will get to see the book…i once heard of it about 8 years ago ha! ha! and now it will appear,good luck mate.“this time next year we,ll be miwlionares”

brucethegooner:
well at last mr coghill i will get to see the book…i once heard of it about 8 years ago ha! ha! and now it will appear,good luck mate.“this time next year we,ll be miwlionares”

Thanks for reminding me mate! :blush: yes it was a very long time ago that plan A started, but now this book comes from the embers of that plan as you know. Be well worth the wait me old mate… anyway what’d mean WE’LL be miwlionares? you’re already there with the scrat arse hours you work! :laughing:

Yes indeed. The latest ed of T & D has a nice feature and there are 10 copies of the book to be won !!!

Heres a montage of some of the page so you know whats inside :smiley:

Can not wait ash seen the T & D with carl jarman to nite
maidstone sounds like a top day all the best .