Axminster transport

Another load Pheonix.

In the yard in chard cats had taken over.

Not sure if you have seen these Cliff?
N.M.P’s

chard 1.jpg

Thanks for them Pete saw the Volvo come up on face book this week , but not seen the Leyland,Edgar drove the Volvo and Roger drove that Leyland after the French side closed he came of the F89. Bit of a comedown he didn’t like it , and later went back to Central Road.
Loading Space decks in Chard.

Cliff luxton:
Thanks for them Pete saw the Volvo come up on face book this week , but not seen the Leyland,Edgar drove the Volvo and Roger drove that Leyland after the French side closed he came of the F89. Bit of a comedown he didn’t like it , and later went back to Central Road.
Loading Space decks in Chard.

Hi Cliff,
No probs mate,
I didn’t mind the Roadtrain I had, yes a bit of a rough ride but typical Leyland, “spoil the ship for a halfpennys worth of tar” attitude! A couple of coil springs for the cab suspension instead of that inverted leaf spring which when broke you thought a bomb had gone off!

I stood where the yellow van is on many a match day having driven up from Kent in the mid to late 60’s. Must be when I got the taste for long distance work. There were often well known characters parking their cars there, Joe Mercer, Malcolm Allison and Alf Ramsey come to mind. I was often there or in the vicinity to pick up a black market ticket to get in and see Georgie boy, Bobby or Denis my favourite who although short could always outjump the opposing towering centre half to head the ball home.

A couple of the good old DAF,s enroute to Greece.

they look well cliff gd to see you doing ok used to love doing Greece especially on minoan or superfast me last one was 2005 while on maguire’s HD company .sat in Los Angeles truckstop at min .I’m home 3rd September for gd can’t wait f…kin yanks lol stay well m8

Hi Cliff,
One of your’s that has popped up on the other channel!

pete smith:
Hi Cliff,
One of your’s that has popped up on the other channel!

That looks like one of Buzzer’s old uns

All good here Steve take care mate speak when you get home .Thanks for that Pete, yes it was one of Buzzers Rob , did me proud that bloody good motor. This was loading mussels straight of the boat in Tain in north of Scotland for Brittany.

hi cliff was talking to Bristol kev few days back you wouldn’t know if there’s Morocco reunion this year he’s on about meeting up for a few tks steve

Cliff luxton:
All good here Steve take care mate speak when you get home .Thanks for that Pete, yes it was one of Buzzers Rob , did me proud that bloody good motor. This was loading mussels straight of the boat in Tain in north of Scotland for Brittany.

Hi Cliff,
There must have been some good mileage clocked up on that Volvo then, IMO the best looking Volvo made, Cheer’s Pete

Hi Steve, haven’t heard anything on a reunion, Wolfie and his Wife Joe arranged the last one I think. Go on the John Mann page on Facebook and ask you’ll soon get an answer mate.

Pete I must be honest can’t remember what mileage was on it ,I had it for three years no problem really good motor . It went to the middle east and was sold when I sold it .

Hi cliff you may know me I been in transport all my life in chard and ilminster just thought I would let you have a few facts about peter Baulch. I went to school with peter and his cousin Martin male .allso at the same school was mike .roger and Richard Wheaton .allso Maurice and frank crown crt crewkern. Strange how we all ended up running our own haulage company’s. Peter was a life long freind and a bloody good bloke .mike henly

Hi Mike I don’t think are paths have ever crossed , I have of course seen your green lorries around over the years. That is a coincidence that all of you went to the same school, especially the Chowns coming from Crewkerne. I knew Martin obviously being so close to Peter’s yard in Chard, I also worked at Central Road Transport for a short while. But I haven’t knowingly met any of the Wheaton family , although I did know a lot of there drivers.

tks cliff gd idea it’s me age lol

Not many of the F10 on here.

Here you go Cliff of FB, is this before your time ? Buzzer

Buzzer ,We had 3 DAF 2800s on s reg VTT789S mine VFJ 3S John Dwyer YYC104S Keith, cant remember surname. Then 3 F10s on S reg YDV 180S, YDV181S and 1more cant remember reg Richard Jennings , Dave Boyland not sure of third driver , old cells getting mixed up now .
Then we had 1 more DAF new EDV225T which I drove for many years.Peter bought 3 new Scania’s on V reg a couple of Berliet on the French side, that was the last European trucks bought , after that it was all Leyland. When I started I was driving a Ford D series 4 wheeler then the F86 then the F88.