Axminster transport

Cliff luxton:
Dean.

There were 2 new of those 4 wheelers with sleeper cabs came the same time as I had the last new 2800 Daf on a T reg not sure what year .

Late 78 or early 79

Just thought I’d better slide this one across before it gets forgotten. Robert

2017-06-30%2020.04.18.jpg

Thanks for that Robert not seen that one before.looks like Ken Male driving.

Found these when having a look at fellow flickrite Paul Smith’s photos.
Oily

Thanks for that Oily .

Started driving in Europe for Axminster Transport in 1975ish in this.
Finished in 1986 with this quite a change.

hi cliff them dafs would still look good these days they were one of my favourites

As with all the DAFs Steve they always had plenty of room to move about in the cab. It was a good lorry. Not quite as good as this .

ah yes cliff think i parked next to that one few times in tangiers gr8 days and real characters i actually liked going to work then lol/ stay well m8

Don’t think I’ve put this one on before.

Yes Steve you would have , we had some good times down there times gone by but not forgotten,.

forgot you got to 3 cliff dont know if you know kevs back uk for a while now .just back from pittsburgh no fun no red vino no characters lol. :smiley:

1 from my week

Looks good Steve. I did see Kev last year in West Bay.

oh ok cliff still hoping to suprise you soon and walk in take care driver

It wasn’t all sunshine and glory this had to be done as well.

How lucky was I the Globetrotter was the mutts nuts in it’s day, then I managed to aquire the Super Space Daf spoilt or what.

yes cliff i remember when harry mason handed me the keys to a new 400 globy all singing/dancing portugal here we come lol

Hi Steve spoke to Kev this week he is now back on European work for Ray White. Send a message when you are coming back for a visit and will try to meet up.

Scan0341.jpg

will do cliff kev rang me last night for a chat look rwd to a few sherberts stay well m8