Axminster transport

Spent the day with Peter Baulch yesterday who was the owner of Axminster Transport, went to the cricket in Taunton saw a good result and had a few hours talking about old times and old drivers we don’t see much of these day’s. It would be great to have a get together with all the old drivers, going to keep trying.Nice day out thanks for the company Peter. This is my favourite truck I drove while working there.

Great night Saturday at the old ■■■■■ gathering in Bournemouth thanks Tom Martin for all your work getting it organised. Lovely to catch up with a lot of people I worked with over the years gone by.

img197.jpg

ERF-NGC thanks for the pics the colour one is my old lorry POW89M outside the station in Axminster by our old yard.

There is a great lack of ex Axminster drivers following this site, is there anyone out there with any more pictures or stories please.

Well, if no one else’ll bung 'em on here, then I will! I always appreciate it when folk post stuff I haven’t noticed from other threads on the ERF 1975 thread, bless 'em! So here we go then, two pics from the Paul Gee / DEANB thread. Enjoy, Robert

A03064.JPG
A03097.JPG

Heres another one,Volvo F10 on M5.

A02607.JPG

Thank you Robert and Dean haven’t seen any of them on here before thanks.

Would the start of the window on the drivers door be floor level in today’s tractor units. It was a great lorry in it’s time travelled around Europe in this from 1974.

Does have the advantage of making the trailer look ever so big though Cliff!

David

if your out there cliff heres one of earlier in my career happy days keep er lit boy ye ok harry lol should of put on shipping out of poole sorry for that

No problem with air keeping the old thermo king cool with the 86 Dave. Bit bigger than my old 86 Steve nice pic though.

yes cliff it was not bad to drive and with ac harry bought it from paris truck show ran ok till it ceased up with no warning on a loading ramp i then got the real deal 400 globetrotter quite the kiddy in its day

Thought this was the mutts nuts when I bought this one Steve.

Just rounding up a few strays from recent threads here for Cliff!

axminster55.PNG
axminster56.PNG
img1011.jpg
A02773.JPG

ERF-NGC-European:

download/file.php?id=226073&mode=viewhttp:

Hi All,
The Leylands look to be about 1984 (B) reg’ What made Peter move from volvo ■■
Dont get me wrong, the road train was a good motor, was it us !!! Princes did not get it right all the time!!!, :unamused: Harvey (Princes)

HRS:

ERF-NGC-European:

Hi All,
Dont get me wrong, the road train was a good motor, was it us !!! Princes did not get it right all the time!!!, :unamused: Harvey (Princes)

The answer appears to be given in this caption :wink: . Robert

axminster55.PNG

ERF-NGC-European:

HRS:

ERF-NGC-European:

Hi All,

The answer appears to be given in this caption :wink: . Robert

Hi Robert, It would not be the first time I had heard that remark in my time and i fully understand his concerns.
When you see how Volvo and Scania took off in that time and the number of units going on the road it did take years to settle down and give the back up hauliers needed.
Later we oporated the " empress stock system" placing a supply of running parts with an operator who only paid for the parts they used, we would then keep them toped up, it worked but to late for a lot of companies, Peter may remember me and Eric pettit, cheers mate , good thread Harvey

Ex CAT I reckon