Axminster transport

Cliff, Its about time you visited the old Boss and got some new pics mate ! :smiley:

Think this is a new one.

axminsternew.PNG

Cliff luxton:
Didn’t see many English lorries around here ,how times have changed.

I wonder if Golden Virginia and Old Holborn is any cheaper as there are less English trucks going through the border, I doubt it Cliff,but those were the days when the shopping had to be done. Have some good memories of La Junquera over the years as we all have.Cheers mate hope to see you when you are in West bay next time.

Cliff is this Peter ?

Cliff luxton:
Passed here this week Axminster used to do a lot of work from Abaran for them.

Think they might have been taken over Cliff , there was a Caudette trailer and unit on the Baie de Seine coming back from Bilbio yesterday and it was also lettered up as Orlano.

kerbut:

Cliff luxton:
Passed here this week Axminster used to do a lot of work from Abaran for them.

Think they might have been taken over Cliff , there was a Caudette trailer and unit on the Baie de Seine coming back from Bilbio yesterday and it was also lettered up as Orlano.

Nigel, Orlano are a big old company so that would not surprise me.

Pic found on internet in Dover of one of the 290 flying machines.

axminster53a.PNG

Yes I remember Orlano at St Jean de Luz the trailer was still half in Caudett colours but had a big Europe map on its showing Orlano depots in France ,Spain and Italy. Surprising what you notice when you have 29 hours to kill on a ferry !!.

Yes Dean that is Peter outside the yard in the station in Axminster. The 290 Volvo was driven by Edgar PTT 924R he had a Esso Stop Marseille ■■■■■■■ one side of the grill and a Garanor ■■■■■■■ the other side.
Nigel when I stopped in Caudette I saw no sign of Olano trailers there.

A couple more Cliff,not sure if they have been on before !

Danzas colour scheme was crap compared to Axminster !

axminster54.PNG

axminster55.PNG.jpg

I agree with you Dean the Axminster colours were much better than the awful yellow of Danzas. Peter was totally sold on the leyland’s in the end you can imagine not many of the drivers agreed with him after having driven Volvo, Daf , and or Scania we were spoilt in the earlier day’s. But it wasn’t our money that was paying all the bills. Happy day’s.

Used to pass this way in the day’s gone by if you had a light load from Italy.

Axminsters yard.

axminster58.PNG

Yes Dean thar was the yard in Chard after we moved from Axminster,and the coming together of Chard & Axminster transport,

The Leyland’s took over.

Cliff luxton:
The Leyland’s took over.

Must have been a shock Cliff having to drive a Leyland !! :unamused: :wink:

axminster56.PNG

I was lucky Dean the leyland’s came in just before I left. I think this Berliet was my last lorry, alongside one of the leyland’s just on the Italian side of Mt Blanc.

Cliff luxton:
I was lucky Dean the leyland’s came in just before I left. I think this Berliet was my last lorry, alongside one of the leyland’s just on the Italian side of Mt Blanc.

You were lucky Cliff, heres a new one of a leyland taken in Wimborne ! :wink:

Dean.

There were 2 new of those 4 wheelers with sleeper cabs came the same time as I had the last new 2800 Daf on a T reg not sure what year .

Proper lorry in its day.

Had a nice little gathering yesterday with the Boss and half a dozen drivers and a couple of office and garage staff, lovely to catch up. Thanks to Kevin & Carol for hosting it, and the nice buffet you put on for us. Anyone on here interested I am going to try a big get together November or early December please let me know if your up for it.

Cliff luxton:
Had a nice little gathering yesterday with the Boss and half a dozen drivers and a couple of office and garage staff, lovely to catch up. Thanks to Kevin & Carol for hosting it, and the nice buffet you put on for us. Anyone on here interested I am going to try a big get together November or early December please let me know if your up for it.

Sounds like a plan Cliff ! :wink: