Axminster transport

Pretty sure this is a new one Cliff.

axminster47.jpg

I found this when going through some old boxes must have borrowed them some years ago when working for Axminster Transport.

The mystery is solved! That’s where all the ashtrays went off the Karageorgis boats.

Cliffie, I should have known :smiley:

David

This was Axminster Transport at its best in European Transport, all Volvos all had Axminster Transport on the headboard, before the merging with Chard Transport and later the emergence of cats. Great company.

Passed this way many times in the Axminster day’s, and afterwards.

Me to Cliff ,and next month also September and January 2018 ,on each occasion driving down , ferry back from Bilbao /Santander.

Our thoughts go out to all the families and friends who lost loved one’s on the ferry disaster 30 years ago. Any one of us could have been on that crossing.R.I.P.

Well said Cliff. It could indeed have been any of us.

David

Just a bit of reminising as we pass through Spain.

Heading for Ventimeilia many years ago not the clearest picture.

Think this is a new one ,little D series.

Well done Dean you keep finding new ones I’m struggling to find new ones now will have to go and see Peter again . Hope your keeping well mate.

Somewhere in Brittany before the trailers were painted.late 70s

Looks a bit lost on the front of the fridge trailer,must have been a lot easier on the fridge motor being able to get all that cool air . The cabs today are the same height as the trailers no air intake at all.

Passed here this week Axminster used to do a lot of work from Abaran for them.

Places we used to pass or stop. going down memory lane.Shame to see this place like this.

Who remembers taking this split not the easy road as it is today.

Didn’t see many English lorries around here ,how times have changed.

Here’s the next border, not ducking and diving now though just having a tour.