Axminster transport

Seasons greetings to all , thanks to all the contributors and readers , merry xmas and a happy new year . Dennis

A good Navidad to you Dennis.

David

Thank you Dean David !Dennis, and Geoff for all your post’s happy new year all.

Happy new year Cliff and to all the contributors and readers of this thread
cheers Dennis

Happy New Year everyone.

The first pic i have put on before but someone has edited it,looks good.

axminster43.jpg

The colour scheme when Danzas took over was rubbish compared in my opinion.

Looking out the window wet and cold ,what great times we had chasing the sun and earning a living at the same time as meeting some great friends along the way.

Well Dean the Axminster Leyland and Kelly Freight Scania I think is in Greece ,Roger White and Eugene Cunningham, the Central Road Transport F88 also driven by Roger White before he came to Axminster, loading at FMC Ferndown I think, Cadwalader with one of the very early 290 F88 and Swains very early Top line Scania.

I bet you went past this monument a few times Cliff .

I certainly did Dean on the Cerdon on the way to Mont blanc.

Me too Cliff, 15th july 1985 that is where i lay a volvo on its side the bend just before going up to the monument they do look big on their side, take care hopefully will come down to see you next time in uk with George will try not to dislocate his shoulder next time.

DEANB:

Superb photograph. The lorry and the building are both of their time, and look perfect together.

The new and old.

Thanks Dean , Anorak , and Melvin , I remember you doing that Melvin ,.Hardings I believe . I remember being sat outside a bar in piraeus when you suddenley came round the corner to join us anoher good day. That was a great lot of photos of great companies back in the day Dean.

Here we go.

An old black and white pic.

Cliff,
Not sure if this has been posted before, not my picture,

16406621_830313397109592_3008160288156035622_n.jpg

Thanks Pete don’t think that has been on before I don’t remember seeing it. I forgot about that trailer used to use it for Westland work as well as others.

Cliff luxton:
Thanks Pete don’t think that has been on before I don’t remember seeing it. I forgot about that trailer used to use it for Westland work as well as others.

Is Westlands still going Cliff, I ask because we have placed a few bins for asbestos removal in the past few months for roofing sheets and the driver told me there where demolition contractors on site? I still think those T45 cabs looked the part! Cheer’s Pete

They were there yesterday Pete , but its something like Augusta Westland now , Italian owned.