atkins derby

here it’s with elements of portakabin from near leeds and we carry them to bordeaux but arrive at nantes we stop 2 days at the restaurant “the relax” at st hilaire de loilay south of nantes because too much wind we can’t drive tow verry good day we have but not for the money lol

Hi Michael,
Awesome photos :sunglasses: .there was a good Atkins photo on the wall in truckline’s office in Poole,many years ago.a 1924 merc pulling their pigeon trailer leaving “the purbeck” .thanks again,an iconic firm,great to see your photos.
Regards andrew.

5 french driver from cherbourg we are at beaune loading for the "beaujolais nouveau "

the small with the barbe is jean claude violet behind him it’s joel lehadouey in front patrick lecrivain behind it’s nanr bernard grandin and with the green coach it’s pascal lecerf corrine is wife work’s in the office

pete 359:
Hi Michael,
Awesome photos :sunglasses: .there was a good Atkins photo on the wall in truckline’s office in Poole,many years ago.a 1924 merc pulling their pigeon trailer leaving “the purbeck” .thanks again,an iconic firm,great to see your photos.
Regards andrew.

hi pete thank you
yes i remember the photos in truckline office at poole was a good period

regards michel

at this period wiht the red 190u38 atkins sale the international compagny to a firm from southampton “british international” the boss was tim allen and for cherbourg it’s bernie thompson we have some few probleme in cherbourg and they decide to move to ouistreham we still do the same job as before and + we do a lot of trip to spain and some in italy it’s only that the good things for this period
i have some photo

and we have a 6wheels unit like you have in uk it’s stange in france because nobody have same units

here with a load of wood for uk look we put the sheet and rope verry propely like an english driver :smiley:

in spain loaded oranges for uk

look the spnish road and the lamb crossing with nobody

i will continue tomorrow have a good night

hi Michel,thanks for posts and some great photos look forward to seeing more.
yes I do remember the French drivers but I can only remember I think it was henri
he drove the f89 fastest driver between chard and poole with a load of hanging beef.
I remember you from those good days. I am not in touch with cliff but I hear that he has
a guest house/or pub down near bridport.i think he finished up running to maroc for the same company.
hear Bernie is running some rubbish trucks in Cherbourg
please give him my regards if you speak to him and any photos would be welcome. regards dennis

dieseldennis2:
hi Michel,thanks for posts and some great photos look forward to seeing more.
yes I do remember the French drivers but I can only remember I think it was henri
he drove the f89 fastest driver between chard and poole with a load of hanging beef.
I remember you from those good days. I am not in touch with cliff but I hear that he has
a guest house/or pub down near bridport.i think he finished up running to maroc for the same company.
hear Bernie is running some rubbish trucks in Cherbourg
please give him my regards if you speak to him and any photos would be welcome. regards dennis

hello dennis
yes the french driver of axminstre was henri a good man he passed now
bernie have sold his compagny to another people he his retired now but still verry busy ,yes i see him sometime itell him your best regards no probleme

my best regards to you dnnis bye

michel prime:
delevring empty bottles for the cognac in france it’s come from rockware class dn’t remember from where exactly but not far from leeds i think

It could have been Knottingley Michel ,there`s a big glass factory there

ramone:

michel prime:
delevring empty bottles for the cognac in france it’s come from rockware class dn’t remember from where exactly but not far from leeds i think

It could have been Knottingley Michel ,there`s a big glass factory there

yes ramone it’s knottingley thank you

that is at villamaya in spain not far from le pertus for the revision for a load of oranges and also to do the t2l for custioms

Hiya …their was a redferns glass works that made bottles on Hunslet road and the road that goes to cross green
industrial area, i last went there in the early 80,s with sand from Buckland sand Nr redhill.
John

here at the border a strie of fruit producer they block the road i stay here for 2 days

spanish truck

in 1987 we move from cherbourg to ouistreham