atkins derby

for dennis you recognize who is in the van ■■ yes it’s bernie thompson and the other people is tim allen the boss of british interbnational from southampton

a load of sheepskin in mazamet for uk

well this album is finish i think i have more photos i will find for you later thank you to all and again excuse my writting i try to do my best

at summer 1990 i leave british for back to another transport firm who do only france england each weeks whit groupage verry good for me because i leave cherbourg may be you know or you have senn this compagny in uk it’s transport jean-luc landais from ancenis near nantes
when i start i have this f10

if you want know more about me you can go on a french driver site fierdetreroutier.com and when you are on page d’acceuil choise on the left “portrait de chauffeurs” and after on middle lane choise michel50 and here you have plenty photos of me and my job thank you michel

michel prime:
if you want know more about me you can go on a french driver site fierdetreroutier.com and when you are on page d’acceuil choise on the left “portrait de chauffeurs” and after on middle lane choise michel50 and here you have plenty photos of me and my job thank you michel

Excellent photos and thankyou very much for taking the time to share them with us :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Great photos Michel. Really enjoyed reading your posts and seeing your photos. Thank you for sharing with us.

Hi michel ,the truck show picture was in Atkins yard at Findern,Doug used to take tilt trailers down to Poole for them with his f88 ,and containers to sheerness ,a chap called Derick Ford from near uttoxeter who used to drive a Thames trader for Doug went driving for Atkins and also worked in the office .

Very nice photos Michel, interesting to see your trips to the UK from French eyes.

Does Landais still run trucks to the UK?

~ Craig (dans le Lot et Garonne!)

Craig 111:
Very nice photos Michel, interesting to see your trips to the UK from French eyes.

Does Landais still run trucks to the UK?

~ Craig (dans le Lot et Garonne!)

sorry to answer late graig
yes landais still running trucks to uk each week whith 35 driver they only do that there is one english driver “christopher hindle” but he leave in france not far from ancenis
best regards michel …

This is a great thread, Atkins seemed to go downhill after they changed their livery. Does anyone remember the Scania 142 that they had and also a Leyland Roadtrain.

I am wondering if there are any ex fb atkins drivers from the findern depot about. I am hoping to find out about my late father Brian Harris who worked there. He started off as a fitter in the workshops an then went on the road and was sadly killed driving for fb atkins in a crash on the A5 near flore when a green shield stamp van struck his wagon . He was killed early 70s when I was two and my sister had just been born. The person I can remember he worked with was mick bradbury. Because he was killed so young my mother has never discussed it and I have no photos or information. Any info would be really gratefully received. And yes even though I lost my dad I still followed him into trucking. Many thanks.

image.jpg

F.B.Atkins had 5 Ford Cargo’s on Hulland.Three 2424’s and a couple of 1728 four wheelers with drags and a rear mounted detachable crane and the tailboard dropped down to be able to carry containers.The 6 wheelers had centre mounted cranes and a Millmoor body.They were painted in ECC blue.I did the deal with Ian but of course his brothers would be in on the job.I would like to have a photo of these motors and I know there was a couple in Ian’s office on the wall.I think they did them alright

Tony

I remember those being delivered as at that time I was working for Stamps (Avonmouth) on the T & L sugar job and we had several tankers based at Findern.

I remember the s**t hitting the fan when Ian noticed that the signwriter had spelt ‘Findern’ as ‘Findon’!

Steve

Hi, my names Cyle. I have been searching for my father for the last 26 years with no luck, however it has recently come to light that he worked for Atkins from the year 1985 onwards. I stumbled upon this forum whilst searching for Atkins transport and got quite excited when I realised that Atkins not only was a great transport company of the past ( me being a fan of wagons as Iv grown up to become a class 1 driver myself ) but seemed like all the drivers knew each other very well and seem quite close knit, therefore I thought I would join the forum and ask if anybody knew my father or had any information at all about him. He is a Scottish man called John degnan, he’ will be 54 now and had twin sons. As far as I know his last place of residence was Birmingham but he is from Dumbarton. he worked for Atkins when I was a baby which was 1986. Any information would be a massive help. Thanks, Cyle Johnson.

If there are any ex-employees of F.B. Atkins & Sons Ltd, we are thinking of holding a reunion this year. If you are interested we can be contacted on atkinsreunion@outlook.com (or please PM me). We also have a Facebook group page - F.B Atkins and Sons Ltd Reunion group.

Many thanks.

PS. I have been given permission by Rikki Chequer to post this :smiley:

i work with a guy who did the continent for em in the 70,s he drove fiats and mercs the guys name is nobby and started at atkins as a lad washing trailers.
for a while he ran outta poole and southamton and when atkins had a french depot he had a french reg left ■■■■■■ merc.does anyone remember nobby or have any atkins pics

Our bloke who thinks he should be obeyed in the office came from Atkins although he must have only been about 8 :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi Carl: This is how I will always remember Atkins. The splendid red, brown and yellow. One of smartest liveries around in it’s time.

and heres an “old un”. An Atki for Atkins… :wink: get it :confused: